Aon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to go through an online video interview before actually being called in for an interview.
    Also first had to complete a behavioral and personality test. They seemed a bit lengthy and you never quite know how to answer the questions. Everything was handled very professionally from start to finish.

Compensation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met employee at career fair and later applied through my university job board. Got a request for a digital interview shortly after. You are asked 10 questions: 6 simple yes/no questions that just ask about your recruitment status (i.e. will you need sponsorship? What is your location preference? etc). Then 3 interview questions where you record yourself answering (30 seconds to read the question, 3 minutes to answer, one recording). After that you have to write a short essay with unlimited time. After I sent this in, they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a changing situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to rely on a data to make a decision, what data points did you decide to use and why   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Primarily Behavioral Questions, 5 interviews of about 30 minutes a piece. They mixed it up with people who were Analysts and Brokers so you could get both of their perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did when you didn't have enough time to complete all tasks   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aon in January 2017.

Interview

The first step in the process was to do an online video interview. This is the first time that I had done an interview that was not either by phone or in person. Most of the questions were situation based or personality related. It was a very straight-forward interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. Heard from HR after a month.
    1) Phone screening with HR 20min: very basic questions
    2) Onsite with 6 people: very pleasant but intense experience, 30min/person, mostly resume and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why health?
      What are the most difficult technical & non-technical projects you've worked on?   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Lots of details to duties that go back to applying to same responsibilities
    Heavy SQL-maintaining, processing, updating system
    Writing SQL code to query reports and to join table for cross functionality
    Heavy Excel reporting
    Client interation on phone and in person
    Detail Requirements from client to accomplish reports

Interview Questions

• My knowledge of excel
      My knowledge of SQL
      Customer service experience with professional environment   Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Was one of the toughest interviews, and I was in the Army. I was interviewed by two senior leaders. One that has been with the company for almost 25 years and the other one at least ten

Aon Inpoint Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aon in November 2016.

Interview

1.) HireVue video interview (8 recorded video questions and short answers that you type/submit)
    3-4 weeks elapsed with no communication from Aon. Figured it was a lost cause, then heard from them.
    2.) First you have to take a math test (13 questions, some easy some hard) and then complete a mini case and answer questions using an excel spreadsheet of insurance data.
    2.5.) THEN you have a phone interview with a current Analyst or Consultant and discuss the position, your background, and your answers to the assessment.
    3.) Superday at the office. The people were kind of dry and the environment was rather sterile. You had to prepare a presentation based on an insurance case using excel data they provide...takes a fair amount of time. The superday consists of the case presentation, and on the spot case interview, a behavioral interview, a meet and greet and ANOTHER math test. The case was hard, the interviewers ripped apart my answers to the prepared case problem and the behavioral interviewer asked the most arbitrary questions (asked about super random/insignificant things on my resume, not my main experiences). It was a weird experience overall.

4.) After this super long process, I didn't get the job and nor did I really want it -- seemed very boring and restrictive, and the people were the same. However, they sent me a very brief rejection with NO explanation/feedback as to why I didn't get it. Really annoying after all of the time and work I spent on the interview process, AND traveling to the on-site superday. Rude.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • What are key considerations for market entry strategy?   Answer Question
    • When did you face a problem in a team environment and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had to take an online interview (took it on my phone), and on there it requires both written and video responses. Altogether that took at least forty minutes with the questions ranging from behavioral to opinion. Afterwards there was a phone call, but that was to describe the apprenticeship,and talk about planning the interview. The interview itself included two separate group panels where each head of a department talked to me. The first panel was very difficult and asked a lot of behavioral questions and analysis of past behaviors. Second panel was more calm, but also heavy in behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe three personality traits of a leader   Answer Question
    • Give a time where you had to prove to others about your idea and whether or not you convinced them.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Two to three phone interviews, few 1:1 interviews, two assessments. The interviewers were friendly, professional and respectful. Good environment and culture perceived. Complied with agreed timelines and agreements. Very punctual and knowledgeable people. Overall positive experience.