Aon Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aon Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Two to three phone interviews, few 1:1 interviews, two assessments. The interviewers were friendly, professional and respectful. Good environment and culture perceived. Complied with agreed timelines and agreements. Very punctual and knowledgeable people. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. Program Director first, Head of PMO & Program Manager then head of IT. The first interview was mainly project process questions, the second was more about me and my CV the third was to check I was an ok guy.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you understand by the change management process   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Very interactive, friendly, with good rapport and to me non-stressful. I connected well with the hiring manager. It quickly appeared that I had everything they were looking to satisfy the job requirements and many extras I had to offer and "bring to the table".

Interview Questions

• It was a very positive interview with no surprises. I connected very well with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was reasonable, I asked for 3 weeks vacation starting in 1st year and got it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

This depends whose hiring you, but most departments are fairly lax. HR can be hit and miss, depending on who you get. Its a very entrepreneurial environment so there is not a standard for all departments...people are busy so hiring doesn't always get a lot of time and attention until they really need someone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made me an offer, I liked it and accepted

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with HR and 3 separate interviews with managers before offer

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions getting at experience and how past experience would apply to the job. Behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I interviewed at Aon (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I remember I was in the front office entrance at the Arlington Heights campus on a Sat morning. I was expecting 3 or 4 more candidates but was shocked at how many actually were there, probably more than 10. It was early in the morning, 8am. It seemed odd, but no one even greeted us at the front desk to check in. Phone was ringing, no one came to answer. 45 minutes later, we all finally start the interview process.

I was interviewed by 2 people, who seemed like this was their first interview, and later I found out that it was. AON at that time decided to use there own office personnel to do interviews but it was obvious they were unprepared. They kept fidgeting with their cheat sheets and behavioural interview questions. I thought someone from HR would do the interview or the actual hiring manager, I think it would have made more sense, in my opinion.

After about 10 long minutes, I just had no idea where this was heading. So I kind of took over the conversation and started talking to both of them in narrative form about my skills and qualifications. Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but after I finished, it seemed to make everyone more comfortable and the conversation became more easy and relaxed.

In the end, I found out that both actually liked me for the position but one was not 100% sure, so I was told that both needed to be 100% sure, hence I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to motivate someone to accomplish a team goal and what steps did you take to help achieve it?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Lasted two months. Met with 5 people.

Application

Interview

Very Professional onshore. Offshore it was adhoc. they keep you waiting for 2-3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Spent roughly 30 minutes on phone with recruiter and she thought I was the perfect fit for the position. Hiring manager requested face to face, which occurred 3 days later. I met with 4 people over a span of almost 3 hours. Spoke about my experiences and education, the fact that I am currently a SME in several areas they were looking to improve. Hiring manager asked if I was PMP certified (which I am not) and she said that was not a deal breaker, that it could be a "goal" if I was hired. Was made to feel very comfortable and could make an easy transition into the role if offered. I received an email 2 days later specifically stating that they were going to pursue other candidates that were a better fit, because I lacked "structured PMO experience" (even though I am a PM in a PMO currently, working as a SME for process and procedure improvement! Basically, the recruiter told me it was because I am not PMP certified.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with creating PMO process and procedure?   Answer Question