Apex Systems Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apex Systems Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Apex Systems

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Overland Park, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

Very laid-back process. There was an initial interview with a recruiter, followed by an onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. It was 1:1 with the Manager for the first 20-30 minutes- very basic interview questions. After that sat down with a couple of the team members who went over their roles and asked me a few basic questions. Also spent an hour or so shadowing someone to get a better feel for what the job entails and ask questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apex Systems

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

Horrible experience. Complete waste of time.

I was told I had a formal interview with the company and prepared for it like a typical interview. When I arrived the hiring manager wasn’t there. I spoke with a senior rep for about 5 minutes and was told to leave. I received a call today that they chose another candidate even though I didn’t even have a fair opportunity. Don’t waste your time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Columbus, OH) in December 2018.

Interview

A 3rd party recruiter reached out to me on Linkedln and step up a phone screening. After a very easy phone screening, a different recruiter did my phone interview which was more difficult then the in-person interview with Apex themselves. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved very specific, example driven questions about my personality and experience. I was then offered to come into the Columbus branch for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by manager first who asked general questions about my sales experience and reasons for potentially working at Apex. Then I had another manager and a top performer in the office who asked the same general questions and made sure my questions were answered.

I would suggest coming in with several detailed questions prepared to better understand the role. Be confident about your experience, make it clear how competitive and motivated you are, and don't be afraid to ask to shadow someone in the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things did not go as planned and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into Sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Richmond, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

I went in for an in person interview at the RVA office after the standard two phone interviews. My first interview was with the head of sales, whom I'd be working directly with during training. After sitting down he explained he hadn't really looked over my resume (and didn't ask me for a copy which I had printed out) and stated that he didn't like to ask questions during interviews and would rather the interviewee ask all the questions and do the talking. He then stated "I assume you have some prepared for me?" which of course I had but was still thrown off. We went through my questions and then he asked me to go over my background. The only actual question he asked me is what motivates me. I then went on to interview and speak with three other people but was so off put from his attitude and demeanor that I was no longer interested in the job by the time I left his office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a corporate recruiter on the phone. In person interview was set up through the managing office Director. Interview was different. I felt like they tried to sell me on the company rather than me selling myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Tampa, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with really wanted to fill a Tampa position with a start date in 3 weeks. The interview was relatively easy but I would have needed to relocated and did not think that would be possible in the time frame given. I suggested a different location that she was also recruiting for and don't think it had the same need.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Greenville, SC) in September 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then a short online assessment to see about your fit for the company. The interviewer was very prompt in sending me to the next step after I completed the assessment. Then it was a 2nd interview face to face with the Senior Account Manager. She then put me through to the final interview at the corporate branch based out of Charlotte. That interview consisted of meeting with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about recruiting?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in sales?   Answer Question
    • The biggest thing was to make sure you can sell yourself. If you let the Senior Account Manager talk over you and not let you get in what you are all about they probably will not be interested.   Answer Question

"Account Manager" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

A recruiter will call you and tell you this is an "Account Manager" position and that you will spend 10 weeks in a Staffing role to learn the business. This person is very friendly and will ask you basic questions about your experience. Then I went in for an in-person interview, which was great! Both of the women I spoke to were wonderful. Thought it went really well. Then the next day I received an e-mail telling me that they felt I was more of a management type and not a sales person. To which I was told that the Account Manager job is actually just being a recruiter. This was quite frustrating and I wasted an entire morning to find this out. So don't be fooled, you are being interviewed for a telemarketing staffing job.

Interview Questions

• None. Unless this is your first interview, then you might get tripped up.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

An Apex recruiter reached out to me via linkedin, we had an initial phone screen. Followed by an interview with the Managing Director, and a face to face interview on site in Nashville.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your selling style.   1 Answer

Apex Systems Response

Jul 11, 2019 – Marketing

Hi, Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Please email us at contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com so we can discuss your experience and how we can improve. Thank you!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone interview, and then they will contact you and let you know if you have been moved on to the next interview or not.

Interview Questions

Apex Systems Response

Jul 11, 2019 – Marketing

Hi, Thank you for letting us know your feedback. We're sorry you had such a negative experience at Apex. Please email us at contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com so we can discuss your experiences and... More