Apex Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apex Systems

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

Was contacted on LinkedIn by a sourcing specialist, saying they thought I’d be a good fit based on my resume. Had an initial phone screening, and then scheduled a face to face the next week. Followed up and didn’t hear back from anyone for a month, even after sending emails, making phone calls and leaving voicemails. Incredibly unprofessional and ironic how terrible they are at communication considering they’re in the recruiting business.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill questions. Name your greatest strength, greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems in August 2018.

Interview

The process was perfunctory. A 20-minute conversation with a recruiter and one 30-minute interview with the hiring manager. Some unnecessary communication and a couple of missed calls at previously agreed-upon times. The process was treated as though an offer were a foregone conclusion. Questions during both interviews were read off a list; most of the questions from the hiring manager were of a negative nature (about conflicts, failures, frustrations, etc). I withdrew from the process as the role was ultimately not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest vocational failures and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Raleigh, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

The recruiter at Apex Systems had found a contract position with a local martech company. I was in the process of moving to Raleigh so I took a trip down from Boston to Raleigh for the interview as I really wanted the position. The interview with their client company was good and I walked away with a good feeling about it. I got a call from the recruiter telling me they moved on with another candidate because "I didn't seem like I'd be happy with the job". I'm not sure where they gathered that but it seems kind of suspect.

After that though, there was no contact about finding me a job, despite me going above and beyond to show up for a role that I felt quite happy to be interviewing for. At least a call from he recruiters would be nice about any leads.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Asked questions base on the skills from the resume. Standard technical interviews. None of the questions were heavy related to the job requirements. The job asks for basic understanding of how products work.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to relate to a job with no familiarity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter suggested a rate but it was low and no where near the competitive rate. Then the hiring manager came back with a new higher rate which is still well below the rate compare for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked me about my background and told me what the skills that were required for the contract position. They didn't know enough about my field to ask any questions. Basically, they just told me about the job and asked me if I could perform the tasks.

Interview Questions

• They didn't know enough about my field to ask me any questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Cupertino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume posted online and emailed me about a potential opening position for a client. I then had one preliminary phone interview with recruiter who gave me tips about what might be asked and how I should answer, one phone interview with HR, one facetime interview with hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Elizabeth, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Behavioral questions for a contractor job. First a phone screen and then in person follow up at one of their office suites. Quick and easy process, questions were nothing extremely challenging.

Perl Developer Interview

Interview

My resume was presented to their client, and they declined to consider me based on my college graduation date and my employment dates, despite still being current on the relevant skills. Surprisingly, the recruiter actually admitted it to me!

Clearly, Apex is happy to do business with companies that engage in such unethical, if not illegal, discriminatory practices. This particular case was beyond the pale and blatantly abhorrent and immoral on many levels. Perhaps that's why AT&T hired them to do their "dirty" work.

Apex is a good example of what's wrong with corporate America and our economic and social problems.

I've come to realize though that all IT staffing firms - without exception - share a lack of integrity, ethics, and respect of other people, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Lean Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, and quick - initiated with a 30 minute phone call, then a secondary screening. After that I was expecting to hear the offer next week and it came within thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Maturity and experience questions.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I received a phone call maybe a week later from a recruiter asking if I could talk. He was really nice, he seemed like he just wanted to get to know me so he could help me find the right position. He asked me some very specific questions about the job I had applied for (what specific experience I had for operating certain lab equipment) along with asking about my background. I've been in touch with him a few times over the course of a few months discussing different opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with operating lab equipment?   Answer Question