Apex Systems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apex Systems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Apex Systems

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communication with corporate recruiter over the phone. This is usually to explain the role, what a recruiter is and what the job initials. Once you've spoken with them and you want to proceed, your information is sent to the delivery manager. 1st face to face interview is with just the DM. If that goes well you are asked to come back for a 'half day'. It's about 3-4 hrs to meet the team and learn more about how things work. Great time to ask questions and see if is would be a good role for you.

Interview Questions

• The most important question is if you can handle to low salary at first. This job is mostly commission and bonus pay! You have to be able to make it through the first 6 or so months of building and learning before you start making REALLY nice checks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, there isn't negotiation. It's corporate standard.

Other Interview Reviews for Apex Systems

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

Met a recruiter at our college career fair. Immediately applied online to learn more and had a discussion with a Corporate Recruiter via phone. She explained who they were, what they did, what the job responsibility was, etc. She set me up for a personality test and then a 1:1 with the Branch Manager in Richmond. We met in the conference room then he had me sit down and ask a series of questions. Then wanted me to shadow with some of the recruiters in "the pit" (an open area of cubes). I shadowed for about 2 hours and were told I'd get a call back. I did and they offered position and I accepted. Went through background check/drug screen and started in a week.

Interview Questions

• So long ago I can't remember. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about monetary goals, motivations, personal goals, why I want to recruit, why would I be good, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Everything was laid out on the table from the get-go.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2007.

Interview

Interview Process included a HR phone interview, a meeting with the Managing Director, and the final step was a half day interview with everybody from the division, and several 30 minute interviews. The culture was fast paced and energetic. The majority of the employees had under 3 years of professional experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Apex was very respectful of my time available to interview. Interviews were limited to a face to face, and a follow-up half day with the team.

All communications were friendly and professional. During the interview process all the employees were super helpful, and went out of their way to explain various recruiting concepts, and tools being used.

I believe my IT background with sales experience certainly helped with my transition into this role, and gave me an advantage over other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about recruiting?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2014.

Interview

First a phone screen that lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter will tell you about the company, what the position entails, and what they are looking for. Will then ask you if you are still interested.

Then you get a series questions to answer and email back, once that is done, they will reschedule a phone interview.

Then the phone interview occurs and lasted about an hour asking various questions. Questions were noting out of ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?
      What do you know about recruiting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First interview was with the recruiting manager and the sales director at the same time. They asked a lot of questions about previous work experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I wanted to work for them, my primary motivators, etc.

The last interview was a "half day" where I spent a few hours shadowing nearly everyone in the office that day. Got to know a lot of people and what they do.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter/HR and then met with the branch. I had short (5-10) minute "discussions" with all the recruiters and Account Managers. This was easy and great exposure to the branch. Then I met with the Branch Manager. The BM asked me how much my father makes and what music I like to dance to at the club. Extremely inappropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online, then I was sent an email with questionnaire attached asking some basic questions. There was a follow up interview on the phone that was still pretty preliminary, which lasted about 25 minutes. I am in the process of going in for a panel interview with 2 of their hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you on a daily basis to put forward the best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Recruiter called me, had to answer questions through email, then set up a phone interview, then onsite interview, then a 2 hour mingle with other recruiters/ interviews with other superiors in the office. Whole process took almost 3 weeks. The lead mananger in CLT was slightly rude, acted exasperated he had to lower himself to interviewing a potential new hire.

Interview Questions

Got another offer with higher base salary.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apex Systems in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty intense. I had interviews with at least seven different people in a three day period. However, I knew that I had the job within hours of my final interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected questions just more to make sure that I would fit into the team atmosphere they were building   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started off way too low. They salary range is set but if you do not ask they will not go up. Do not take the first offer.