Apex Systems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apex Systems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Apex Systems

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communication with corporate recruiter over the phone. This is usually to explain the role, what a recruiter is and what the job initials. Once you've spoken with them and you want to proceed, your information is sent to the delivery manager. 1st face to face interview is with just the DM. If that goes well you are asked to come back for a 'half day'. It's about 3-4 hrs to meet the team and learn more about how things work. Great time to ask questions and see if is would be a good role for you.

Interview Questions

• The most important question is if you can handle to low salary at first. This job is mostly commission and bonus pay! You have to be able to make it through the first 6 or so months of building and learning before you start making REALLY nice checks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, there isn't negotiation. It's corporate standard.

Other Interview Reviews for Apex Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Charlotte, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview and was accepted to move forward to the next round. The Business Ops guy practically threw his card at me and asked why you if I'm interviewing other people then left. He was very unprofessional. Knowing I have experience in recruiting and in sales obviously seems he's looking for a style. Its his loss not mine.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions for difficult. Why Apex, what makes you different from the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting website and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Initial screening questions were sent through email and then a phone interview was scheduled. Next was a face-to-face or phone interview with the delivery manager of the office you would be working at. I was told a face-to-face interview was preferred so I drove to the location. The delivery manager was at least 15 minutes late to my interview and I ended up being interviewed by both the delivery and account managers. Afterwards, I was invited to a half-day interview so I had to drive to the location again on another day. Met with most of my potential future co-workers who seemed very young (most being recent college graduates or just a few years after college). After the half-day interview was over, I apparently received a verbal offer. The corporate recruiter contacted me for a follow-up discussion.

Interview Questions

• Most dealt with being persistent and able to handle rejection. Relatively unstructured interview format, some not even relevant to the job description at hand. Even got one that asked me about where I get my alcohol. I'm assumed it was a test to see if I was "fun" as well since I had a strong resume. Am I supposed to have a 2.5 +/- GPA spending my life getting drunk at parties in order to be perceived as fun?   Answer Question

Pay was low, even with the bonus/commission structure. Perceived lack of learning & growth opportunities and diversity due to the homogenous, relatively young crowd. The work seemed mundane - I pretty much figured it all out during the half-day interview. I might have accepted if it was the only offer and I was desperate, but I had other companies that were interested in me and ended up pursuing those opportunities instead.

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

Met a recruiter at our college career fair. Immediately applied online to learn more and had a discussion with a Corporate Recruiter via phone. She explained who they were, what they did, what the job responsibility was, etc. She set me up for a personality test and then a 1:1 with the Branch Manager in Richmond. We met in the conference room then he had me sit down and ask a series of questions. Then wanted me to shadow with some of the recruiters in "the pit" (an open area of cubes). I shadowed for about 2 hours and were told I'd get a call back. I did and they offered position and I accepted. Went through background check/drug screen and started in a week.

Interview Questions

• So long ago I can't remember. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about monetary goals, motivations, personal goals, why I want to recruit, why would I be good, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Everything was laid out on the table from the get-go.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Apex was very respectful of my time available to interview. Interviews were limited to a face to face, and a follow-up half day with the team.

All communications were friendly and professional. During the interview process all the employees were super helpful, and went out of their way to explain various recruiting concepts, and tools being used.

I believe my IT background with sales experience certainly helped with my transition into this role, and gave me an advantage over other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about recruiting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2019.

Interview

I was referred to a recruiter by an acquaintances. We set up a time to speak about the opportunity. She was very friendly, but didn't seem to have a tone of knowledge about the opening they had. I wasn't provided with the exact title and assumed it was a Senior level position. I told her my understanding of the role was that it was a Business Development / Sr. Recruiter role. She clarified that you start off as a recruiter for the first 6 months and have the opportunity to move over to sales, but you never do both roles. She didn't ask me a lot of questions about my experience and just said "if your interested I will connect you with a Corporate recruiter who can go over everything else with you". I said okay, I was very interested at that time. A week+ went by and I finally heard from their Corporate Recruiter who only sent me an email asking me to fill out a questioner. I completed it and sent it back. One of the questions asked what my salary requirements were. Given I have no idea what their commission structure is, it's a hard question to answer which is why I wanted to have a further conversation. I put down where I would like to be based on what I'm making now. I got another email response the following day thanking me for answering the preliminary questions. Then proceeded to say although they offer a competitive base salary, uncapped weekly commission and great benefits, their base salary will not meet my requirements. Thanked me again and that was it. I even responded back asking if they could give me the salary range for their position. Never received a response back. I'm very disappointed how this process went as I was truly interested in having a further conversation. My compensation is based on the full package that is offered. The fact that they couldn't take the time to pick up a phone and have a more in depth conversation is disappointing. I'm sure they miss out on good talent and that is sad given they are a staffing agency. My advice to others who are interested, if you're flexible and want to at least speak to someone then leave that question open.

Interview Questions

Apex Systems Response

Jul 11, 2019 – Marketing

Hi, Thank you for letting us know your feedback. We're sorry you had such a negative experience at Apex. Please email us at contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com so we can discuss your experiences and... More

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

First have a call with their corporate recruiter

They then bring you onsite for a half day interview-- it's broken up-- you sat down with manager, then met a couple account managers, and shadowed some recruiters and met with the manager again at the end

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2007.

Interview

Interview Process included a HR phone interview, a meeting with the Managing Director, and the final step was a half day interview with everybody from the division, and several 30 minute interviews. The culture was fast paced and energetic. The majority of the employees had under 3 years of professional experience.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Portland, OR) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fun and inviting. It allowed me to be myself and it lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter was very upbeat and kind during the whole process but allowed me to talk for a long period of time as well.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

Was super easy and I heard back from them within minutes after the interview getting a job offer. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and did it through Facetime since I was away at a Unversity.