Apollo Education Group Academic Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apollo Education Group Academic Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I first had to take three tests to determine my abilities; listening, behavioral attitudes, and evaluating job skills. After I passed, I had an extremely non-committal interview from an monotone reviewer for Finance Advisor, and was told the Academic Counselor position was no longer available. Interview questions did relate to the Academic Counselor position.Then I received a letter that I did not qualify for the Academic Counselor.

Interview Questions

• What was something that you perceived as wrong and made right?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apollo Education Group

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard asked star format questions, and what you want out of your career. Where you see yourself in five years and what can you bring to Apollo that other candidates cannot.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2013.

Interview

Behavior based questions. Looking for key customer service skills. Quality is a huge focus. Understanding customer needs. Being able to build plan that address customer needs. Be able to show that you want to stay committed to the customers experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... insert Lominger competency   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Livermore, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to take an assessment test, which mainly consisted of questions about how I felt about certain tasks. There were also questions about I would handle situations that might arise on the job and choose what I felt was the "most correct" response. After that, I had a phone interview that pretty much revealed the job for what it really is: a customer service position. I was not asked one question about academics or education in any way at all. I was asked how I had dealt with angry customers in the past - I don't have customer service experience, but I do have a lot of experience in education, including higher education, so I guess I wasn't equipped to answer the questions they had for me. I really was expecting the scenario questions to be about academics or working with students since the title of the position implies a lot of work with students. Don't expect a conversational style, as this is just a phone screen. There was a lot of silence while the person typed out my responses, and there was no room for follow-up questions or responses. You will not be given the opportunity to show any kind of personality or to ask any questions you might have about the position. A written record of the phone screen will be passed along to a hiring manager who will then decide if you get to move forward. It was an awkward and disappointing experience, to say the least. I have had phone interviews before, and there's usually a back and forth. This was strictly business.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you went out of your way to correct a wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, face-to-face interview, and panel interview. Overall, it was fairly laid back and easy. Typical questions (how do you feel about teamwork, etc). The panel interview consisted of two managers, who were very nice and made you feel comfortable.