Apollo Education Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

WIU Financial Aid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview went well. I applied online for the position and was contacted a couple days later to set up the interview. The interview was set for a couple days out. In the interview on Tuesday I was told I would hear something by Friday. Friday came and went and i didn't hear anything. I did not ever hear anything from HR. I eventually emailed the director I interviewed with and she told me the position cancelled. She said I was definitely considered for the job but the company decided to go in a different direction so they did not hire any of the candidates that interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to navigate ambiguity.   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I first had to take three tests to determine my abilities; listening, behavioral attitudes, and evaluating job skills. After I passed, I had an extremely non-committal interview from an monotone reviewer for Finance Advisor, and was told the Academic Counselor position was no longer available. Interview questions did relate to the Academic Counselor position.Then I received a letter that I did not qualify for the Academic Counselor.

Interview Questions

• What was something that you perceived as wrong and made right?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Online assessment first, then screening call with HR, then interview with hiring managers.
    I previously worked there and did this job, yet was not offered it. I think they are against hiring when you are currently living out of state.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview

I had the interview with the head of the department and he was very cool. He asked great questions to understand who I am and my qualifications. He was a calm and nice person which made my interview easy. He also asked what I was thinking about the role and if it fits with my career goals.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They were all about my past experiences.   Answer Question

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

VERY long process. First I applied online. Was contacted for a screening call. Next I had another phone call to discuss my work history and to answer a few situational questions. Next was an interview with two of their managers. I had to review a Fortune 500 company and create a PowerPoint presentation on a problem or issue that the company needs to address and provide a solution to how they could address and fix it. The interview took a little over an hour. The next step was a phone call with one of their VP of sales followed by a second call with another VP of sales. Then the wait began.....
    And more waiting and more waiting...
    I made several attempts to connect with the recruiter to find out whether they were still interested in me as a candidate....no answer to any of my messages.
    Very poor follow through...,
    Finally after a few weeks I received a survey email from them asking about my experience interviewing with them...this coming BEFORE they even let me know that I hadn't been selected! Finally I received a generic email stating that I hadn't been selected....5 weeks later! They are extremely disorganized and don't appear to know what they are doing from my perspective. Two thumbs down!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle the conflict and what was the result?   Answer Question

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email the next day to take assessment. Took assessment and got an email 2 days later for a phone interview. Currently waiting on phone interview and came to glass door to try and better prepare for interview based on others experience.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in November 2014.

Interview

This was a phone screen. The interviewer appeared to be in rush and even mentioned that she was cutting down the usual interview from 45 minutes to about 10. The entire experience was odd. She didn't ask me much of anything but only described a little about the position. I was told that the next week, I'd hear back from them and the position started mid December. I never heard back from them until I contacted HR. Three days later, I received a form rejection email. It seems odd that they could reject me on the basis of a screening in which they never discussed my skills or experience at all. It makes me wonder if they were just going through the motions of the process. I feel that this was a massive waste of time on everyone's part.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question asked and that was why I wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2014.

Interview

You recieve an email that requires a response to confirm your intereview day and time and a number that you can be reach. Also before the phone interview you must fill out an intial packet reviewing the goals of the job, requirments and avaliability. Once you pass the phone interview you will recieve an actual interview with the school you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview- Compare what you do now to what you will be required to do in this position if offered?
      In person interview- Name a time you had to make a decision that your supervisor was unaware of ?   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2014.

Interview

Passed assessment contacted via email I choose the phone interview time. The recruiter called, prompt on time was warm yet professional. Told me about the position and the procedure for phone interview. After our conversation she asked 4 behavioral based questions. Of which I answered. When finished she stated I was moving to the next phase, which was face to face interview the following week. I selected the time and showed up to the interview dressed professional and 15 minutes early. It was a two person panel the female panelist somewhat dominated/controlled conversation it appeared she decided hiring outcome. Guy there as a formality.

PR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2014.

Interview

Responded to online posting on Indeed. 30 minute initial telephone screen by talent acquisition consultant followed by in person interview with PR manager. Well managed and kept informed of status during follow up calls. Required photo ID to enter the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did you demonstrate value of PR to senior executives   Answer Question