Apollo Education Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Orlando, FL).

Interview

In general, positions are posted on the company website Apollo Education Group or its subsidiary University of Phoenix. Nonetheless, by now it is common practice to find announcements on mostly every job dashboard. Candidates are screened using the popular process; resume, phone call, telephone panel interview. If selected within the top 2-3 then you receive an invite for a face-to-face interview. Not to be surprised that the hiring manager/director may fly to your location for the in-person meeting. Interview questions will cover the basics: communication, project management, technical and soft skills. However, they will dive into situational and behavioral questioning. This is followed by a background check which can take up to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things to do in your role everyday to be successful.   1 Answer

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Online assessment first, then screening call with HR, then interview with hiring managers.
    I previously worked there and did this job, yet was not offered it. I think they are against hiring when you are currently living out of state.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview

I had the interview with the head of the department and he was very cool. He asked great questions to understand who I am and my qualifications. He was a calm and nice person which made my interview easy. He also asked what I was thinking about the role and if it fits with my career goals.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They were all about my past experiences.   Answer Question

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

VERY long process. First I applied online. Was contacted for a screening call. Next I had another phone call to discuss my work history and to answer a few situational questions. Next was an interview with two of their managers. I had to review a Fortune 500 company and create a PowerPoint presentation on a problem or issue that the company needs to address and provide a solution to how they could address and fix it. The interview took a little over an hour. The next step was a phone call with one of their VP of sales followed by a second call with another VP of sales. Then the wait began.....
    And more waiting and more waiting...
    I made several attempts to connect with the recruiter to find out whether they were still interested in me as a candidate....no answer to any of my messages.
    Very poor follow through...,
    Finally after a few weeks I received a survey email from them asking about my experience interviewing with them...this coming BEFORE they even let me know that I hadn't been selected! Finally I received a generic email stating that I hadn't been selected....5 weeks later! They are extremely disorganized and don't appear to know what they are doing from my perspective. Two thumbs down!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle the conflict and what was the result?   Answer Question

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email the next day to take assessment. Took assessment and got an email 2 days later for a phone interview. Currently waiting on phone interview and came to glass door to try and better prepare for interview based on others experience.

Interview

Apollo Ed Group relies on behavior-based questions in the interview process - be prepared to be specific about your experience; situation, obstacles, action taken, results. Answers should not be what you WOULD do, but what you HAVE DONE. Best to be prepared in advance, but take your time to be specific in any event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two conflicting commitments - how did you manage your time to satisfy both?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview

They are very selective in the hiring process. Customer service is a plus and a behavioral based interview is used to select qualified employees. They want to make sure that your behaviors line up with the position and that your ethical standards are of high importance. The interview usually takes 2 interviews one is done by HR and the second is at the location where you will work. At times phone interviews are conducted and at least 2 managers or manager employee combination administers the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is not having real life examples of how you handled situations. They are only looking at behaviors and the process to accomplish results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as this these are discussed before the interview begins to give the candidate the opportunity to walk away in case they do not accept the salary offer.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in November 2014.

Interview

This was a phone screen. The interviewer appeared to be in rush and even mentioned that she was cutting down the usual interview from 45 minutes to about 10. The entire experience was odd. She didn't ask me much of anything but only described a little about the position. I was told that the next week, I'd hear back from them and the position started mid December. I never heard back from them until I contacted HR. Three days later, I received a form rejection email. It seems odd that they could reject me on the basis of a screening in which they never discussed my skills or experience at all. It makes me wonder if they were just going through the motions of the process. I feel that this was a massive waste of time on everyone's part.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question asked and that was why I wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview

I only did an on-site interview. It was composed of 3 round of 45 minutes.

It was mostly knowledge-based questions on a broad number of IT technical subjects. They also asked me to explain the projects mentioned in my resume.

They didn't asked me to write code or solve technical problems.

Interview Questions

• Which was unexpected was the fact that those questions were mostly theoretical. I was expecting algorithmic problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a recruiter interview. After which I had a technical phone screen interview with the hiring manager. It went well and they called me for an on site interview which involved meeting with 4 team members.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard and straight forward. People interviewing me were nice and pleasant to talk to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate your offer.