Apollo Education Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.8

IT Manager, Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Only promoting internally no external hiring for this position. And we have reasons for everything if you need to know why we dont hire someone from outside for this position.
    No big raise will be given and only internal folks can accept this offer also they know how to treat the employees bad since they have already gone through it while they were juniors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you need promotion? Will you listen to my commands?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Will I get MAC?

Chairman--Business Section, Kansas City, MO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

As a result of my posting on LinkedIn, I was contacted by a recruiter who was interested in determining my interest. We had a very pleasant exchange, although an inordinately large part of the interview focused on whether or not I could be content with the salary. The VERY LOW salary of $70K obviously had been a source of difficulty among other candidates. I was told that the salary could increase based on taking on additional teaching assignments, but even the additional teaching assignments only paid $1200 per course. Given the many requirements of the position (i.e., an earned doctorate, years of professional experience, as well as teaching experience), I'm surprised they are able to find ANY candidates for the position. And those who join them must do so for the experience so that they can leverage that experience in getting a better paying job.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2013.

Interview

Behavior based questions. Looking for key customer service skills. Quality is a huge focus. Understanding customer needs. Being able to build plan that address customer needs. Be able to show that you want to stay committed to the customers experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... insert Lominger competency   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview

Phone Screen passed, followed by 2 part interview via phone in person

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What did you do when not getting something done before deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None,

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

I first had a in person interview with a director and another BA which really went well - they explained the projects they were working on, asked me to go through my background and then allowed for me to ask questions. The second interview was via phone with a panel of 6 people with the typical behavior questions. Tell me about a time when the requirements changed, what did you do and how did it effect the outcome. What do you know about the Apollo Group. What do you look for in a manager....etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

One phone contact with HR and one phone interview with some developers

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Two interview process. Interviewers didn't appear to be very knowledgeable about how to interview. Although my position was technical very little as far as questions regarding my technical ability.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview with 1 Manager from within Department and 1 manager from outside of Department. Asked to provide a portfolio and training plan, but was not asked to present it. Seemed like interview process was trying to setup for failure. Previous Training Manager prior to re-org ended up getting position.

Interview Questions

• Was asked very standard questions, to include if was asked to provide training for group on subject that did not personally agree with.   1 Answer

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Livermore, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to take an assessment test, which mainly consisted of questions about how I felt about certain tasks. There were also questions about I would handle situations that might arise on the job and choose what I felt was the "most correct" response. After that, I had a phone interview that pretty much revealed the job for what it really is: a customer service position. I was not asked one question about academics or education in any way at all. I was asked how I had dealt with angry customers in the past - I don't have customer service experience, but I do have a lot of experience in education, including higher education, so I guess I wasn't equipped to answer the questions they had for me. I really was expecting the scenario questions to be about academics or working with students since the title of the position implies a lot of work with students. Don't expect a conversational style, as this is just a phone screen. There was a lot of silence while the person typed out my responses, and there was no room for follow-up questions or responses. You will not be given the opportunity to show any kind of personality or to ask any questions you might have about the position. A written record of the phone screen will be passed along to a hiring manager who will then decide if you get to move forward. It was an awkward and disappointing experience, to say the least. I have had phone interviews before, and there's usually a back and forth. This was strictly business.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you went out of your way to correct a wrong.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

• nothing... typical "tell me about a time"   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer and accept