Apollo Education Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Apollo Education Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people on one day. Lots of chaos. People didn't show up at appropriate time. Most complained that HR didn't tell them that I was coming on that day

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Where are you working now?
      What do you know about the Apollo Group and The University of Phoenix
      Answer Question

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Went through a couple of phone interviews and went in for a massive 5 hour interview (1:1 and Group), where I showed past projects and discussed concepts with the team.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Coordinated with HR and Hiring Manager for interview date and time. One on one interviews for about 5 hours. Interview process was fairly standard. Started with the Director, Hiring Manager and team members.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through any previous analysis that yielded tremendous results.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

1) Preliminary interview with HR (10 mins) - basic behavioral
    2) Skype interview with hiring manager (30 mins) - began with behavioral, talked through previous resume points, and ended with a market sizing case.

Interview Questions

• Case question: Estimate the market size for coding boot camps (eg Hack Reactor or GA) in the US.   1 Answer

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Livermore, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to take an assessment test, which mainly consisted of questions about how I felt about certain tasks. There were also questions about I would handle situations that might arise on the job and choose what I felt was the "most correct" response. After that, I had a phone interview that pretty much revealed the job for what it really is: a customer service position. I was not asked one question about academics or education in any way at all. I was asked how I had dealt with angry customers in the past - I don't have customer service experience, but I do have a lot of experience in education, including higher education, so I guess I wasn't equipped to answer the questions they had for me. I really was expecting the scenario questions to be about academics or working with students since the title of the position implies a lot of work with students. Don't expect a conversational style, as this is just a phone screen. There was a lot of silence while the person typed out my responses, and there was no room for follow-up questions or responses. You will not be given the opportunity to show any kind of personality or to ask any questions you might have about the position. A written record of the phone screen will be passed along to a hiring manager who will then decide if you get to move forward. It was an awkward and disappointing experience, to say the least. I have had phone interviews before, and there's usually a back and forth. This was strictly business.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you went out of your way to correct a wrong.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

lengthy and chaotic. Duplication of information and errors. Received offer, offer was rescinded due to administrative error then offer was remitted 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Beginning with one phone screening interview with the recruiting manager. Then it was followed by multiple in person interviews on the same day which I thought was considerate of them instead of returning a 2nd time.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I did not apply for a job, but rather submitted my resume as a contractor. I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in a full time job.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know more about what we're trying to do, can you write up a short memo of how you would approach the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer over the phone and was asked to name my salary. Not knowing that there was a bonus system in place I did not ask for the bonus and was not offered it. Once hired, though I was brought into compliance with my co-workers benefits and was given the bonus. Now, with cut backs I'm not so sure it would go like that.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

lots of coding questions

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, plus numerous online interviews and unpaid training over several weeks as part of the selection process. On line instruction training simulates on line instruction. On campus instruction training requires developing several Powerpoint presentations and learning game activities.

Interview Questions

• This is the usual "most difficult student" and transferable experience questions.   Answer Question