App Annie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

App Annie Interview Questions

Interviews at App Annie

2.9

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who told me about the job. Then I had a phone call with the hiring manager, then brought on for an on-site. The on-site was a series of 1:1 interviews with various stakeholders. Most went fine, nothing too out of the ordinary. The surprise design exercise was a bit difficult to grasp because it referred to an existing part of their app... always hard to know how much context to ask for before diving into a super hypothetical solution.

The worst part was that they ghosted after an on-site that lasted several solid hours. Extremely rude. Other yellow flags included: a PM who admitted he spends long hours on calls outside of 9-5 due to distributed teams, and a lack of energy and people in the (not small) office.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

First, I was asking to present my take-home case study, which focused on designing the data pipeline of their business. Following by 1 technical round, 1 lunch round, 2 behavior question rounds.

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

At first, it is about a question on leetcode. It is not so hard. They are testing your code style and code stander. Then asking something about Python, GIL, data structure, Threads and processes etc.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

I was pinged by recruiter through linkedin. Recruiter scheduled a call with me. However, recruiter never dialed and never responded to my message in linkedin as well. after 2 week with out even talking to me, the recruiter sent an email for rejection. Highly unprofessional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

2 Phone prescreen interviews with extremely rude person who kept interrupting mid sentence to questions she was asking plus an extensive ridiculous assessment (3 hours) before I even had the chance to ask my questions about the role

Interview Questions

• How do you push back on an executive that is making bad decisions   1 Answer

People Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied and received a response from the recruiter to identify a time to do an introductory call. I filled out my availability on the link that was provided which included suggested slots. I never received a response or a confirmation and the times have elapsed.

This tells me a couple of things as someone in the job market.

1)App Annie is disorganized.
    2)Has poor follow through.
    3)Disrespectful to people's time.
    4)The reviews and comments stating that the positive reviews are falsified seem to be an accurate observation.

In conclusion, don't get your hopes too high with this company.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Terrible experience- starting with a rushed 30 minute prescreen Call where you are constantly rushed and cut off by the interviewer (We can call her L) followed by a ridiculously time consuming (5 hours – do at home and email back) assessment which I believe will be used as actual work content without the candidates knowledge. The testing prompts' content was far too extensive & specific to be generic. They were also not transparent at all of the time needed for the assessment and did not provide adequate time to complete. The prompt was to show your proficiency with G-suite and to follow particular guidelines with a high level of content inserting them into created google docs, spreadsheets, google forms, and creating a power point slide based off of notes. (You must already have a Gmail account to attempt this assessment, and if you don't have one, you need to make one) I found this to be very demanding , time consuming, and premature after just one 30 minute pre-screen call where I was rushed and not given a chance to fully ask my questions about the role. Overall, this experience has left me with a horrible impression of App Annie.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.   1 Answer

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I got in touch with App Annie through a mutual connection.

I first spoke to a recruiter on the phone who was truly professional: reliable, responsive, informative and polite. He reached out a week later to invite me in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

My in-person interview lasted about 1 hour. The conversation was natural. She gave me the lay of the land, asked expected questions and seemed transparent about the role, obstacles, etc.

In the end, it wasn't a right fit for me, but I still had a positive experience.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

Several phone screens, followed by a number of in person interviews in the same day. The hiring manager did not seem interested in actually learning more about me. Didn't seem like it would have been pleasant to work for this person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie in August 2018.

Interview

Everyone I met with was very friendly and asked a lot of good, in-depth questions to make sure I'm a good fit for the role and company, and they're a good fit for me. The "homework" assignment I had for my second interview was a good way for me to see what they're expecting of me and made me feel better about my fit as well. The process was very quick because they're trying to fill positions as soon as possible.

I was worried about the company's culture based on reviews, but everyone I spoke to was very genuine and did their best to alleviate my concerns. Although transparency was an issue in the past, it seems they're working hard on turning that around and were very honest with me.