App Annie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2018

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie in August 2018.

Interview

Everyone I met with was very friendly and asked a lot of good, in-depth questions to make sure I'm a good fit for the role and company, and they're a good fit for me. The "homework" assignment I had for my second interview was a good way for me to see what they're expecting of me and made me feel better about my fit as well. The process was very quick because they're trying to fill positions as soon as possible.

I was worried about the company's culture based on reviews, but everyone I spoke to was very genuine and did their best to alleviate my concerns. Although transparency was an issue in the past, it seems they're working hard on turning that around and were very honest with me.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very in depth. They did a really good job at making sure that it would be a good fit for both parties. All the people I interviewed with are really smart and know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• The hw/ case study part of the interview process was difficult but worth it. It helped me see what exactly they are looking for and let them know that I know what I'm good/ qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty easy. They knew going into the interview process what I needed to say yes to an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague. They said it was a fun and fast growing company so I did my research and knew this was the place I wanted to work. I came in for a few interviews and presentation. The office is very cool and high tech and the people are young, bright and driven.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect to get any homework but I was glad I did. It really made me think and put my abilities to the test. Presenting was also a little nerve racking but I was confident in my work and the team valued my work.   Answer Question

Interview

Pros:

- The coordinator is responsive and helpful.

- The line manager is trying to make a friendly environment throughout the whole interview process.

- The interview questions are designed to identify your ceilings of qualities and skills without being provocative.

Cons:

- NO SHOW in a scheduled interview seems an usual thing for App Annie according to previous comments on glassdoor and eventually it happened to me as well.

- The misunderstanding between line manager and HR is staggering, given the fact that they seem expect something fundamentally different from each other regarding a specific role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Extremely long and time consuming. You essentially have the same initial interview twice. Then they give you about 3 days to complete an assignment that takes >16 hours. Expect to wait awhile for a response. They will also tell you that you are the "top candidate" and "favorite" while they have you wait. "You did a really good job on all aspects of the assignment, but we will not be making you an offer." They have no clue what they are looking for and think that they can waist people's time completely. The HR/Recruiting department is also a complete mess. The interview process took several months because they would never contact you when they said they would. You have to be very proactive to keep the interview process going. Ultimately I was pretty glad they didn't make me an offer as the app marketplace is a particular interest of mine and I would have probably accepted despite the complete lack of respect and organization.

Interview Questions

• If the numbers of app publishers that make up 80% of the market share increases, while app downloads decrease, what is happening?   Answer Question
    • Analyze the Chinese Gaming Apps Marketplace   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

The interviewer missed our scheduled interview time, rescheduled, then called at the wrong time thinking I was someone else. The interview questions seemed surface level and irrelevant, she was unable to answer questions about the job, company vision, and company culture. Despite the bad interview process, I emailed later to follow up and had no response.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Probably after one month there was a phone interview. Then they contacted me again for the decision. Easy steps but the process took pretty long. Sometimes waited for a long time for people to reply me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was brusque and distracted. The most interesti elaborate.ng part was at the end of the interview, where she asked if I had any questions. I asked about all of the negative Glassdoor reviews and she was stunned. She then gave me what sounded like a canned response about former disgruntled sales employees but wouldn't elaborate. I wasn't surprised to receive the rejection email later that afternoon.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a very quick and personable process. The hiring manager reached out to me and met in person for a quick coffee chat to share more information about the role. There was a 16 hour homework. The recruiter followed up to share more context so that I would have a good idea of what level of work other candidates would likely present. The hiring manager also remained available in case I had any questions. I came in a week later to do a one hour presentation in front of a team of six, and it was a very conversational vs. formal presentation.

Having accepted the job, the homework may have been lengthy but it's been very representative of the type of work I do on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about the rationale behind my recommendations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

1st- Brief phone screening
    2nd- Standard on-site interview
    3rd- Homework/presentation - it's good that they screen people thoroughly before this. The homework is demanding, time-consuming and by far the most important part of the process. If you prepare and present well, you will get the job . . . if you don't, you won't. From what I've seen only the most serious candidates make it to the homework stage, so if they ask you to present, they really believe you're a good candidate. If you really want the job, do a good job on the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you'd like to add?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very stiff with their offer. I'm not sure if I could have leveraged other offers or interviews to get a better package, but it was a good offer- so I accepted regardless.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

There were many interviews, recruiter handled them well lots of scheduling. This all ended in a "homework" case study, which took a fair amount of time. I guess it makes sense to have it, though it all felt like a bit "much" and they clearly were looking for very specific things. Some of the interviewers were smart and inspiring, others were just ok.

Interview Questions

• What would you fix about the website (always tricky as you don't know if you are going to hit any political landmines).   Answer Question

Negotiation

middle of the road pay, ok benefits, ok stock, nothing outstanding