App Annie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It moved at a good pace and kept me updated on the status of my interviews and inquired on how I perceived my interview had gone before proceeding with next steps for process. Also provided excellent instructions for onsite visit.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Don't waste your time applying! I applied for the company via LinkedIn and about 45 days later received an email from a recruiter. This is where is gets strange, I am asked some basic interview questions via email, before even considering setting up a call. Figuring they must get tons of applications, I quickly answered the questions and sent back. Another week goes by and more questions are sent.
    This time, the recruiter them replies to me, stating he wanted more details, on the questions, I had not even answered yet. This to me was a sign of the company clearly being unorganized, unprofessional and most likely not a good fit for me, coming from a large corporation.
    I have worked for start up companies before and understand everyone wears many hats, but I think there is an understanding that while wearing those many hats you should represent the company in the best manner and show dedication. I did not get that feeling, and decided best to pull out of the process to prevent wasting their time and mine.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Senior Recruiter has no clue what they are doing. This is what happened. Had several phone interviews with recruiters only to be told a week later they went with another candidate. A week after that received an email saying the VP's would like to consider me again. After that no communication. THEN I get an email, after sending them several emails, saying they went with another candidate. Are these people children? You don't treat candidates like this!!!! Unprofessional and bad business practice. Don't waste your time. Lots of good professional companies out there looking for good people.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by a gentleman who sounded bored on the phone lol. Completely unenthusiastic. Our interview was for a brief 10 minutes and a couple of days after that, I got a rejection email. Listen folks, it's not bad to be candid. You can tell the candidate what you are looking for and be candid about what the candidate lacks in terms of skills or experience. I'm a Recruiter and a candidate at the same time- so I know how it is. I appreciate a Recruiter who is honest about what I lack--this gives me an opportunity to improve. As a Recruiter, as hard as it is to break a bad news to a candidate about a rejection, I always believe that people appreciate an honest feedback.

Director Interview

Application

Interview

The interview consisted of:

- 2 phone screens
    - A 3 hour in person with various App Annie employees

One of my phone screens was with my would be supervisor in the role. I left the conversation not very impressed with the call. When I got the invitation to go in for an in person, I figured, hey, I may as well double check my gut instinct in person as he would be one of the people I would be meeting with in person.

I was in the office for almost 3 hours and really enjoyed 2 of the 4 conversations. The conversation with the would be boss confirmed my initial feeling: was not going to be a match. Fine - this happens, not a big deal, move on.

My problem here is that I spent a good deal of time speaking with this company, including coming on site. Not a word from the company following the interviews - complete silence. This is an unacceptable recruiting practice. It is rude, disrespectful, and just bad business. Candidates are stakeholders in any organization, and mistreating them is bad for business. Being an HR professional myself, I know there is no excuse for this - not a single one, ever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe programs I had put in place or helped put in place as part of an HR team. Questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

- Casual interview process overall
       - Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn
       - Phone Screen w/ recruiter
       - Phone Interview w/ hiring manager
       - Three rounds of onsite interviews (normally it would be two)
    - Efficient with scheduling my time over multiple interview stages
    - Friendly from recruiting team to interviewers
    - Transparent throughout the process and where I stood

Interview Questions

• Scenarios about mobile app market data and how I would interpret or act on the data if this represented my own company   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

The interviewer missed our scheduled interview time, rescheduled, then called at the wrong time thinking I was someone else. The interview questions seemed surface level and irrelevant, she was unable to answer questions about the job, company vision, and company culture. Despite the bad interview process, I emailed later to follow up and had no response.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

A "Senior" Recruiter emails me to schedule a phone screen: awesome! I enter my availability and we confirm to have a chat one week in advance. On May 5th, I made sure I had set time aside and booked a room to take the call. Within 10 minutes before the call, I get an email from (name I can't say on glassdoor), where he stated he couldn't make the call anymore because he is in a long meeting. Um, alright? Why did you accept that meeting if you already confirmed a time with me for the call? Why did you literally wait until the last 10 minutes before actually telling me you couldn't call?

I subsequently sent my availability once again. It gets pushed out to the following Tuesday at 11am. Again, I made sure I blocked off my calendar from work for the call. 11am arrives: no call. I email (name I can't say on glassdoor) to let him know I'm waiting. 11:05am: still no call. At this point, I'm in the middle of Q1 close at my company and this senior recruiter doesn't seem to get the concept of actually calling people he confirms with. 11:10am: I go back to work. Forget this.

To recruiters at App Annie: this experience was absolutely unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at App Annie in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Probably after one month there was a phone interview. Then they contacted me again for the decision. Easy steps but the process took pretty long. Sometimes waited for a long time for people to reply me back.

BI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at App Annie.

Interview

1st: HR screening talk about interest and basic skills. 2nd: Talk with team member and diring manager, went through resume, technical questions 3rd: project presentation with preparation for 3 days