AppDynamics Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

AppDynamics Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 18, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Success Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted on LinkedIn then had two phone interviews and two face to face interview. After four interviews including two on-site I had never heard any feedback and recruiter just disappeared.

During the final stage in the interview process while talking to the regional head of the Professional Services I realised that this person is not interested in my previous experience or technical skills, it appears that they are looking for people with a particular personality profile in order to coach them. After one of my answers during the interview with the this person he became visibly uninterested and might have just ended the interview then however we continued but he became borderline rude. Clearly he decided that he does not want to proceed there and then but some feedback after the interview would have been appropriate after I invested my time into the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you married and do you have kids?
      What is your goal in life?
      What is the most challenging situation you dealt with in your personal life?
      How did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • What are three words that describe the ideal company you want to work for?
      What makes you special?
      Why these things make you special?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer is asking for a feature that is not in the product and is threatening to stop using the product because of this?
      What would you do if a customer is expecting you to complete 3 days of work in a single day?   Answer Question
    • What are the names of different memory pools in the JVM?   Answer Question
    • How would you convert a string into a number without using any built-in language tools?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AppDynamics (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Quite a few people to see but done very quickly and I felt my time was valued - I learnt a lot simply being interviewed about my skills and capability as well as understanding about the company, the people and the phenomenal growth (and this was back in 2013!)

Interview Questions

• What makes you special (and you can't simply answer something related to your job! --> Make it interesting Tell a Story!)   Answer Question

AppDynamics Response

Sep 7, 2016 – AppDynamics Representative

We are glad that you were able to meet a lot of people on our team, and that you were able to learn about our company and growth simply by being interviewed. We know that our time as well as yours is... More

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Telefonisches Gespräch mit Sales Engineer
    2. Telefonisches Gespräch mit Sales Engineering Manager CER
    3. Persönliches Gespräch mit Sales Engineering Manager CER und Präsentation der Challenge
    4. Persönliches Gespräch mit Regional Vice President CER in Stuttgart
    5. Persönliches Gespräch mit Vice Presiden EMEA in London

Langer Prozess, verstehe leider nicht wieso nicht in der 2 und 3 Phase schon festgestellt wird, dass der Bewerber zu wenig Pre-Sales Erfahrung hat und dann noch extra nach London fliegt und für das ganze Bewerbungsverfahren 2 Urlaubstage verpulvert.