AppFolio Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

2.9

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-office 2 hour interview a couple weeks later. I met with a couple different managers who interviewed me, and got to shadow a current employee to get a taste of the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client were to start yelling at you over the phone?   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2019

Right on! Glad to have you here at AppFolio and love the positive feedback. We wish you continued success with the company.

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a really great time during my interview; was here for nearly two hours meeting with certain members of the department, along with getting to see a Services rep in action with clients on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Which cases would come first?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

It was a three step process. I applied online. They emailed me and asked specifying questions. Then I went through a phone interview. After that I went in for a 3 hour in-person interview. I met with three different people and sat in on a call to see what the job was like. Then I had a short interview with the Director of the Customer Success department.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 10, 2019 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

We are so pleased to hear this - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard to the AppFolio team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview and face to face within three weeks. The interview process was easy and had a relaxed feel to it which was nice. I felt comfortable during the face to face until I felt as though they were making fun of my resume and past work experiences. Left the interview with an overall bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you had to use both logic and reason to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Say 5 customers leave you a voicemail at the exact same time saying they needed help with something and it was an emergency. What would you do?   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are sorry to hear that you left the interview not feeling so great overall. We will ensure respect and support is provided in each interview regardless of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Friendly Tour of the company and culture. Employees are friendly and their success is clearly a result of team efforts. CS team seems very well trained and it's clear their customers really do appreciate AppFolio's services.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview asking me if the position interested me and how I thought I would add to the team. Pretty simple. I was still in Colorado at the time so I was told to reach out when I relocated to Texas. Once I reached out I had an in office interview in just a few days. Culture was pretty casual and I felt very overdressed in the office. Both interviewers were very nice and I honestly felt like I was a great fit for the office. Some of the questions can be very software based and I had little experience with software.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you were proud of a team accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone and it was "ok". The HR associate ask some questions, but seemed offended that I did not know the inner most workings of the company. She had a bit of an attitude to start, but I ignored it. I had researched the company and the products, the position, etc... Not sure what more I could have done. She basically said, "So you have no interest in the company, just the position." I said, "No, the position is in line with my work history." Obviously, I'm interested in the company too, otherwise I would be applying. Nevertheless, she emailed 2 questions to answer and I reply back to her.
    I got an email a few days later setting up an interview. I went to the office location in Richardson. Met with my interview and he was an awesome guy. Very nice guy from what I could tell. The interview was a tad bit unconventional which is what he wanted. He guided me around the place and told be about the company, where they had been, plans for the future, the different departments. Everyone there seemed young. Some people were dressed business casual, some in the shirts, some with pink hair, etc... Nevertheless, my interview with him went great. I felt we agreed and were in sync with the expectations of the position, culture of the company, etc... He even had me sit with a very nice lady in the department.
    At the end, he told me that he wanted me to talk to another manager, but he was in Cali., surfing. He said we would setup video meeting and to contact him if I needed anything. About 4 days go by and no word. I call the company and ask for his email. Another guy hesitates then gives me his last namefirstname@appfolio.com. I new that was wrong. I tried his email and the original HR associate's email several different ways before they finally stopped bouncing back to me. No reply from either, UNTIL I get an email saying, "Sorry, you're not what we are looking for." Seems fabricated to me. Total waste of time and a bunch of children playing games.

Interview Questions

• What sets AppFolio apart from other companies in the industry?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what we do here and how we do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Hiring team was quick to get in contact and were friendly and helpful throughout the process. The in-person interview allowed the interviewer to get to know the candidate, as well as for the interviewee to better understand the company and the role to which they are applying.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Nov 9, 2017

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience through the recruiting process and we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. We truly wish you the best in your job... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen to get a general sense of you as well as to confirm you researched the company / position. Common interview questions with friendly manager of team interviewing for. Interviewed with additional manager after. Then proceeded to interview with two additional superiors of the initial manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017

We are happy that you are happy and we couldn't agree more with the friendliness of the managers! Welcome to AppFolio and we wish you continued success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It all starts out great when you're contacted by a recruiter until the recruiter/HR/hiring managers drop the ball on a common courtesy of responding to follow up emails. In 2016, it is expected that savvy email skills are embedded in everyone and it is not hard to respond to a candidate that interviewed for 4 different positions in one day. I applied for a Customer Success Manager position and 3 additional positions in the MyCase division of the company. I met with 3 different people and all were great interviewers but then I never heard back about a single position. I sent a follow up email and received *crickets* then I sent another email to the recruiter who set up the interviews...again no response unless radio silence means the same as what it means in the dating world. So I'm not sure if I was brought in as a serious candidate to be interviewed or just to fill a quota. All the positions seemed great and the team was perfectly nice. Be prepared to be "ghosted" as I've spoke to other friends who applied within the company and they all had similar experiences of no follow up game from their emails. Lesson to be learned: never apply to this company again unless you want to waste 1-2 hours of your life just to not be notified if you got the job.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

May 25, 2016

I'm very sorry that we dropped the ball on following up with you. We pride ourselves on creating a positive experience for candidates during the interview process and when that doesn’t happen, we... More