AppFolio Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied online, then reached out to corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. 30 min. call with that recruiter. She referred me to another recruiter from another division. 30 min. call again.
1 hour phone interview with Engineering Director
1 hour Skype interview with same Engineering Director
On site interview at local office: 1 hour with one engineer, another 1 hour with another engineer, another 1 hour with same Engineering Director
1 hour Skype interview with Chief Architect
On site interview at corporate office: 1 hour with another Engineering Director, 1 hour with Chief Scientist, 1 hour with Engineer, 1 hour with Executive VP

Hiring manager and recruiters treated me with the utmost respect and sincerity through entire process and every single person that interviewed me was highly intelligent, reasonable, and fun to meet.

Throughout this 1 month process, I don't think more than 36 hours ever went by without someone from the company touching base with me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions. Lots of questions pertaining to soft skills, engineering practices, etc.   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2017

Dear Happy Employee,
We are so thrilled to hear about the respect you recieved from our team - these types of reviews keep us smiling. We hope you've had an awesome with AppFolio so far!

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AppFolio in February 2015.

Interview

Quick and not thorough. The interviewer was not experienced enough to ask engaging questions and when I tried to expand on my answers it did not seem to go anywhere.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

We value your time, and I am sorry to hear that the interviewer was not prepared - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and continuously improving. Thank you for taking... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I had a phone call with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then was brought on site.

The most disappointing part of the process was how they responded with a "no." It was a form letter with no personal touch. "We don't have an open opportunity for you." The in-house recruiter I was communicating with was just very cold, not much personality.

They then proceeded to provide no feedback, which means it was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a confrontation with an engineer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We are working to make the interview experience and response better following up on interviews. We wish you the best in... More