AppFolio Interview Questions in Goleta, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a reply pretty much right away via email. I was pretty excited about the company. I scheduled an interview, showed up early and found out AFTER the interview was supposed to start that the person who was supposed to interview me wasn't even there... The guy who ended up interviewing me seemed nice at first, but the longer we talked the more he started just being condescending. I've interviewed many times before for various internships and jobs, and never left disliking a company until my interview with AppFolio.

I was asked to complete a "next step" after the interview and was not at all interested in continuing the process.

For people thinking about applying: There are many tech companies in SB with competitive pay and even better culture. This isn't a dig on AppFolio as a whole, just the SDR department...that's all I can speak to.

Interview Questions

• We get a lot of people new to the workforce who think they're ready to work 40 hours a week, but end up just not having the work ethic. How would you say you'd handle the stress of full time?   1 Answer

Jul 5, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We are working with our team to use your feedback to make the interview experience better. We wish you the best in your ... More

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 HR phone screen, the recruiter was very nice. then 1 tech phone screen with the chief architect, who was also very nice. no algorithm question asked, but we talked about technical stuff for an hour. Two days later I was invited to onsite interview. The onsite interview had three rounds and I was asked about both algorithm data structure, and OOD.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We are excited to have you join AppFolio - welcome to the team!

Customer Success Manager (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty awkward. Both the interviewers were really emotionless and I couldn't tell if the interview was going well or not. One of the interviewers was wording his questions in a confusing way, so it made the interview a little bit harder. Honestly, some of the questions they asked really had nothing to do with the job. I was quite confused after the interview why I was being asked some of those questions. Long story short, I never got a email back so I just assumed I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to ask for help?
      What skills do you bring to App folio?
      What do you know about App Folio?
      Answer Question

Jun 3, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience. Here at AppFolio we use a strengths-based approach in our interviews to help us match each candidate’s traits and strengths to the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their corporate recruiter asking if I was interested in interviewing. I first interviewed with the recruiter who conducted an hour long non-technical phone interview. I was then scheduled for an on-site 4 hour long technical interview. The interviews were conducted by two senior engineers and the director of engineering. Each interview was a typical technical question to be solved on a white board. The interview process was generally a good experience, the two senior engineering were engaging and seemed interested in the interview. However, the director of engineering spent a lot of the time texting on his phone and continually asked me to repeat myself when I asked questions or had comments. In my opinion, if he isn't interested in interviewing then he should delegate the process to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Draw an entity diagram for the game of chess. Write a function and tests for the movement of specific game pieces.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that validates a username based on various requirements such as minimum and maximum length, only specific characters, no repeating characters, etc.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that creates continuous circle and square objects and draws them on the screen with each shape is only as large as can be fit inside the previous shape drawn. The program must do this with a square that starts with a side length of 1000 units and go until the final shape area is less than 1. Each iteration must print out the shapes area and upper left starting coordinates on a graph.   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your interview experience.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It all starts out great when you're contacted by a recruiter until the recruiter/HR/hiring managers drop the ball on a common courtesy of responding to follow up emails. In 2016, it is expected that savvy email skills are embedded in everyone and it is not hard to respond to a candidate that interviewed for 4 different positions in one day. I applied for a Customer Success Manager position and 3 additional positions in the MyCase division of the company. I met with 3 different people and all were great interviewers but then I never heard back about a single position. I sent a follow up email and received *crickets* then I sent another email to the recruiter who set up the interviews...again no response unless radio silence means the same as what it means in the dating world. So I'm not sure if I was brought in as a serious candidate to be interviewed or just to fill a quota. All the positions seemed great and the team was perfectly nice. Be prepared to be "ghosted" as I've spoke to other friends who applied within the company and they all had similar experiences of no follow up game from their emails. Lesson to be learned: never apply to this company again unless you want to waste 1-2 hours of your life just to not be notified if you got the job.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

May 25, 2016

I'm very sorry that we dropped the ball on following up with you. We pride ourselves on creating a positive experience for candidates during the interview process and when that doesn’t happen, we ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was a general "get to know you" one. The onsite was fair, with the basics of Data Structures and Algorithms. Studying is a must as well as just practicing coding under pressure. The interviewers were really nice and helpful

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First get HR interview, which is basically just setting up the on-site interview time. Doesn't ask any questions. The on-site interview contains two round. One held by senior engineer and other held by a director , simple and basic questions. Interviewer are nice and polite. The problem is my English wasn't very fluent.

Interview Questions

• (1) Resume, OOP design: chess game, unit test design
      (2) Resume, give an API return 50 result... Recursive and iterative way. How to improve it using cache.
      Answer Question

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We love this review. Thank you for considering AppFolio. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 with three different interviewers for one hour each. They were all really nice and easy to talk to. The coding problems were not very hard but I choked...

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your interviews with AppFolio. We appreciate it and wish you success in your job search.

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview that lasted about 20-30 minutes. In-person (and sort of digital) interview that was about 45-60 minutes long, interviewed with two Customer Success Managers (one was local, one based out of state)

Interview Questions

• Relevant customer service experience.   1 Answer

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Congrats to you and we are glad to have you as a part of the team at AppFolio.

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First, you need to answer two short questions about SaaS and why you want to work there. Then if they like it, you interview with the senior cs manager, then some other managers, and finish off by shadowing with a cs associate.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck to you.