AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Initial phone screening that talked about my resume, past experiences and projects. Talked about what the job role would be. Phone screening went well and technical phone interview was scheduled the next week with a software developer. Talked a bit about past experiences then had me code on a shared google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, how would you return the three largest elements. Then follow up with ways to optimize.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager cold called me for a quick chat, and asked me to go over my background. After a few minutes he stated the position wasn't to manage CS agents (as the description itself conveys) and stated it was a tough position to fill. He then asked my salary requirements. There were no probing questions, nothing to dig into the history already provided on my resume, etc. Very, very surface level. Whole thing took 10 minutes, and I was declined within 15 minutes after.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your background.   1 Answer

Web Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a brief 30 minute interview discussing why I was interested in the position, and my qualifications. My interviewer mixed up my resume with another applicant, and started asking me about things on another applicants resume (I thought that was rather unprofessional - I spent hours preparing, the least a manager could do is come prepared too). Before hanging up, my interviewer asked me if I could come in and interview at the office later that same week to meet other managers/staff/to see the office environment. I agreed and the interviewer said he would email me a confirmation with the address and names of the people I would be interviewing with. I never received the email. One day before our scheduled interview, I called the manager I had spoken with, left a message and never got a response. The day of the interview I called again to confirm that the interview was still going on as I had zero information and no confirmation, and the interviewer said that he had forgotten to follow up with me (again, I found this to be pretty unprofessional) but gave me the information I needed.

When my in-person interview came, I was scheduled to interview for 2 hours with 4 managers. I ended up spending 3.5 hours at AppFolio and met with 6 different managers. At the end of the day, I was given 2 personal cell phone numbers by 2 different managers, and was told I interviewed well and that they would get back to me by the end of the following week with information on next steps. Everything couldn't have gone any better. Got a call the following week saying they weren't going to continue with my interview process. After I spent 3.5 hours with them.... what a joke and a waste of time. I don't know what went wrong, but I definitely will not be applying to AppFolio again (this had been my 2nd time applying at the company, but in a different department).

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing in your free time when you're not at work?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application for the role. One of their coordinators on the team reached out to try to schedule an interview. Unfortunately the email ended up in a junk mail folder and before I realized it, they rejected me in their system. I emailed back apologizing and asking to see if we can still connect. No response.

It looks like a great company to be a part of, but I ended up joining another great company instead. I'd still potentially be interested down the road if another opportunity opens up, but they should consider checking how some of their email communications may end up in someone's junk mail folder and reconsider.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

May 2, 2017

Thank you for taking time to consider AppFolio and for sharing your experience with us. There may be a mix-up as we did not have a Corporate Recruiter position open nor do we have an office in New ... More

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio in April 2017.

Interview

I applied twice at AppFolio because I read the good reviews about the company. I received an email the first time and my application was rejected. The second time I applied because they have plenty of openings and I received an email first to set up a phone interview and then a phone call with the recruiter very nice and profesional. He set up a phone call with the manger and he called me 24 hours later "Very unprofessional" . He was rude and short and he just talked about himself and he didn't care about me. I haven't received any phone call or email after. Is he a customer service manager? Poor clients very disappointed. Give people te opportunity to work and don't discriminate.
     The interview was in Santa Barbara ,CA

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the product?   1 Answer

May 2, 2017

We value your feedback and time - thank you for sharing that with us. We’re normally known for spending quality time with our candidates and we regret that we missed the mark. We will use this ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume in at a campus event. Got a phone call and went over my resume and general AppFolio stuff. Got an email the next week rejecting me and giving no reason why.

Director, Stratgic Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Horrible experience. Had two phone interviews then was asked to come to Santa Barbara to meet with 6 people (3 hours total). I booked rooms and took days off to go there. When I got there I had my first interview, then was told during my second one that the rest of the team was not available anymore and we would do virtual interviews in the coming weeks. I waited about 10 days to hear back and was then told the job requirements had changed and that I would not be interviewed. What a giant waste of time...never again!

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

May 2, 2017

We value your time, and I am sorry to hear that you were told the team was not available - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and continuously improving. Thank you ... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

The interview process was great. Easy to speak to, and were very intriguing, however it is very underpaid in my opinion. The atmosphere of the work place is great. everyone seemed very down to earth.

Low pay

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us - we are very pleased that you enjoyed the environment here and got a good vibe. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an ... More

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter then the VP of Product. After some non-technical questions, it was discovered that they were looking for a Visual Designer, not a UX designer. The company doesn't seem to know the difference. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description excited you?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017

We value your time, and I am sorry to hear that regarding the position differences - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and continuously improving. Thank you for ... More

Data Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through a phone screening, an in-person interview, video interview, and final interview. The interview process was quite simple. All 3 interviewers were very friendly, welcoming, and professional. I really wanted to work for Appfolio and ecstatically accepted the offered position. However, after careful consideration and much thought, I turned down what I initially accepted. I'm extremely grateful they gave me the opportunity to work there and would gladly apply again!!

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Mar 27, 2017

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard to the AppFolio team!