AppFolio Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

AppFolio Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

2.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio in January 2018.

Interview

I applied at career fair and got response in 2 weeks. A phone interview was scheduled. It's a system design question. The people are really friendly and are willing to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was invited to an onsite interview. It lasted 2 hrs with 2 interviewers. Each assigns you a question to solve in an hour including chatting and Q&A. First question is permutation on letters and second one is implementing queue using stacks.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. The recruiter seemed impressed with my profile and gave me his contact. I contacted him and he scheduled a video interview. After passing that, another video interview took place. A brief talk with the recruiting manager and I got the offer.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive interview experience! We are happy that the interview process was quick and easy for you. We hope you are enjoying your time at AppFolio!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

The interview took 1 hour, first is javascript concept, then the engineer gave me a page of pseudocode which is overly wordy and ask me what is the print result.
    The logic is not hard at all once you read the whole pages of words which basically can be transfer into no more than 10 lines of code. However, the engineer did not allow me to do so and insist me to work on a scratch paper. I solved it and it has not much time and he showed me the code and asked how to optimize.
    I wish interview can be more focused on the algorithm, data structure, OO design or other technical aspects instead of giving you a pseudocode using deliberately redundant words to confuse you

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio in December 2018.

Interview

HR->Tech->Rejected
    Very surprised that I got rejected after the first round tech interview. Both interviews went well and I did solve the coding problem. HR didn't reply my question about why I was rejected . Very upset about it.

Interview Questions

• First round with HR. Very basic BQs, introduce yourself and talk about some projects on Resume. Asked me how much I know about Appfolio and talked about the technologies that they're currently using.
      Second round with a senior engineer. Very basic network questions, such as concepts of HTTP. Coding part is easy.   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2019

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad we got to chat with you regardless of the final decision. Definetly stay in touch with the company - we are growing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

1 round of technical interview where I was asked to code on screen share. The interviewer was calm and asked me about my background. He also wanted to know about my work experience and asked me some technical questions around it.

Interview Questions

• Design question - Design a phonebook   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2019

We value your feedback! Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Definetly stay in touch with AppFolio - we are growing that crazy and always adding new opportunities. I hope something can be a... More