AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The process is lengthy and you'll interview with several people. Often the questions are highly technical, even if the job doesn't demand that knowledge. They'll have you in to meet several people and you'll be starving by the time they release you to get out the door before asking you back to do it again.

Interview Questions

• When the instructions "make me a sandwich" were given. Why didn't sudo make the sandwich?   1 Answer

very uptight, a lot of politics, management takes itself very seriously. Building is a storage box, no windows, giant hot box of a building and you just look at everybody across desks, no sense of your own space

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with 4 managers. They tell you it has to be unanimous to become hired. Ask you tons of questions sit there and type on their computers like their writing a novel. Then they get together to see if they all agree on you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter promptly after submitting application. This was for the MyCase team. I was asked about salary requirements and then scheduled for a phone interview which was technical in nature. It went smoothly and then I got the chance for an onsite interview with two of the senior engineers on the team who picked my brain on key technologies on my resume and also a technical design question. This also included a tour of the facility. Finally, I was selected to interview the rest of the team which included a principal software engineer and two senior engineers. This included a lunch, but all three asked in-depth technical questions in design as well as algorithm/data structures. A lot of chances to ask questions, and the process was very friendly the entire time. They really cared to hire the smartest and best engineers out there but they also care for their well being too. Unfortunately, no offer but the recruiter was friendly in offering constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We are glad to hear that your interview experience with us was positive. We wish you the best in your job search and hope ... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

The interview experience at Appfolio was professional, organized, transparent and very enjoyable. I had a total of 9 interviews, over a period of 2 weeks. I spoke with team members from all levels of the company, entry, middle and upper management.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Congrats and we hope you are doing well at AppFolio.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty intense. I spoke to a manager first over the phone and then met with 2 others on site. After that I met with that first manager on site the 3rd time and the 4th time I met with an executive in California. I was hired then. The interview was your basic interview behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We appreciate you taking time to review your interview process at AppFolio. Welcome aboard!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AppFolio in June 2014.

Interview

Management treated me with respect, made me feel welcome and happy to be there. Asked common interview questions, but it was a thorough process. Enjoyed meeting people as I walked in.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

We are so pleased to hear this - thank you for sharing and we hope you've loved AppFolio from day 1!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied online, then reached out to corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. 30 min. call with that recruiter. She referred me to another recruiter from another division. 30 min. call again.
    1 hour phone interview with Engineering Director
    1 hour Skype interview with same Engineering Director
    On site interview at local office: 1 hour with one engineer, another 1 hour with another engineer, another 1 hour with same Engineering Director
    1 hour Skype interview with Chief Architect
    On site interview at corporate office: 1 hour with another Engineering Director, 1 hour with Chief Scientist, 1 hour with Engineer, 1 hour with Executive VP

Hiring manager and recruiters treated me with the utmost respect and sincerity through entire process and every single person that interviewed me was highly intelligent, reasonable, and fun to meet.

Throughout this 1 month process, I don't think more than 36 hours ever went by without someone from the company touching base with me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions. Lots of questions pertaining to soft skills, engineering practices, etc.   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2017

Dear Happy Employee, We are so thrilled to hear about the respect you recieved from our team - these types of reviews keep us smiling. We hope you've had an awesome with AppFolio so far!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in June 2014.

Interview

An on-site interview with the SDR Manager followed with an interview with the Inside Sales Manager. The SDR manager asked very hard questions about my sales acumen, and why I was a fit for the job, while the Inside Sales manager asked me about life experiences, who I was, interesting things on my resume, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: Tell me about your sales experience?
      Q: What do you know about AppFolio?
      Q: Why are you a good fit for this position?
      1 Answer

Customer Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three step interview process. Landed initial interview through an on campus career fair at UCSB. Came in for a two segment interview at the Appfolio the first time. Met with the Director of Customer Success, and then a Customer Success Manager. Was called back in to shadow a Customer Success employee a few weeks later, and then went through another brief interview with a different Customer Success Manager. Then received one final phone call from the Director of Customer Success with the job offer. Whole process from career fair to job offer to about a month and a half.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question