AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter promptly after submitting application. This was for the MyCase team. I was asked about salary requirements and then scheduled for a phone interview which was technical in nature. It went smoothly and then I got the chance for an onsite interview with two of the senior engineers on the team who picked my brain on key technologies on my resume and also a technical design question. This also included a tour of the facility. Finally, I was selected to interview the rest of the team which included a principal software engineer and two senior engineers. This included a lunch, but all three asked in-depth technical questions in design as well as algorithm/data structures. A lot of chances to ask questions, and the process was very friendly the entire time. They really cared to hire the smartest and best engineers out there but they also care for their well being too. Unfortunately, no offer but the recruiter was friendly in offering constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We are glad to hear that your interview experience with us was positive. We wish you the best in your job search and hope... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Recruiter finds you on LinkedIn, you have a conversation which raises your interest level. You then get scheduled for a Gotomeeting video call, which the manager no shows for the first time, and shows up 10 minutes late the second time.

Interview Questions

• What research did you do on Appfolio prior to our call?   Answer Question
    • What is it that you think sets Appfolio apart from others in the industry?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

While the interviewers (Hiring Manager and UX Leads) were very professional, the recruiter I was in touch with was very unresponsive and I had to follow up with him several times, due to which the whole process took 60 days.
    The 3rd round was over the phone with 4 UX leads, I thought it was hard to gauge their reaction/interest over my answers. A face to face would have been more helpful in having a better discussion. It felt like I was just talking in a dark room with different voices!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Over the phone recruiter for half hour, then in person with a manager, then over the phone mock client calls for half hour and finally met with director. The director bowed himself out after about a half hour then brought in a senior team member to do another interview.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was brought in into the interview and met with the hiring manager. The interview went really smoothly and didn’t take too long at all. Lots of behavioral questions and 2 questions that tested my ability to do research. After the interview, i was told that there would be another round in a few weeks but i never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to research an industry that we were interested in acquiring?   Answer Question

Jan 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in having quick responses back to candidates and we are so sorry that this wasn't the case... More

Value Added Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone with a HR person, then got invited for an in person with the department manager about a week later. The third visit, again about a week later, involved having three consecutive 30 minute interviews — two with existing team members and the third with another manager.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 14, 2017

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We are glad you had a positive time coming in to interview and meeting some of our key leaders on our Value Added Services team. We hope that you will... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Hiring team was quick to get in contact and were friendly and helpful throughout the process. The in-person interview allowed the interviewer to get to know the candidate, as well as for the interviewee to better understand the company and the role to which they are applying.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Nov 9, 2017

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience through the recruiting process and we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. We truly wish you the best in your job... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with Software Architect. He started off by asking what my current role and responsibilities were, the talk lasted for about 10 odd minutes. This was followed by a hands-on question on google doc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to implement a stack with getMax() functionality along with the standard push() and pop().   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2017

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager cold called me for a quick chat, and asked me to go over my background. After a few minutes he stated the position wasn't to manage CS agents (as the description itself conveys) and stated it was a tough position to fill. He then asked my salary requirements. There were no probing questions, nothing to dig into the history already provided on my resume, etc. Very, very surface level. Whole thing took 10 minutes, and I was declined within 15 minutes after.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your background.   1 Answer

Jun 30, 2017

We value the time you took to share your feedback, and I am sorry to hear that you did not receive an engaging interview - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and... More