AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

QA Tester Interview

Interview

This manager of this company is a graduate from UCSB, so if you are a student from UCSB and looking for jobs, you'd better have a try. I have experience three rounds of interviews, including a telephone interview and two on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most part is form a CS Phd, and he asked me one logical question. This question aimed to test if you are a quick learner. But I failed   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting but still need to apply online. They give me a phone interview but later they don't want to forward the interview.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

They were nice on the phone. I got a call within a few weeks of submitting an application. They are a small startup that is looking to grow their business and want to have entry level people to help them grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Appfolio and how you would make a cold call   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions

• For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Was called after attending an information session. Got a call from a recruiter. Did not have a lot of background in the related software position and was asked about this.

Interview Questions

• What other projects related to the position have you done?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

No call. HR mailed me saying they were interested ,but never contacted me for a month. Again they replied that i will have a meeting, but didn't get call, got a mail saying they would be postponing it.

Re-scheduled the call and didn't call again and i got a reject in the mail. Apparently they tried to call me and call did not go through.

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to review AppFolio and your experience with us. We are listening and are working to improve response times and communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their corporate recruiter asking if I was interested in interviewing. I first interviewed with the recruiter who conducted an hour long non-technical phone interview. I was then scheduled for an on-site 4 hour long technical interview. The interviews were conducted by two senior engineers and the director of engineering. Each interview was a typical technical question to be solved on a white board. The interview process was generally a good experience, the two senior engineering were engaging and seemed interested in the interview. However, the director of engineering spent a lot of the time texting on his phone and continually asked me to repeat myself when I asked questions or had comments. In my opinion, if he isn't interested in interviewing then he should delegate the process to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Draw an entity diagram for the game of chess. Write a function and tests for the movement of specific game pieces.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that validates a username based on various requirements such as minimum and maximum length, only specific characters, no repeating characters, etc.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that creates continuous circle and square objects and draws them on the screen with each shape is only as large as can be fit inside the previous shape drawn. The program must do this with a square that starts with a side length of 1000 units and go until the final shape area is less than 1. Each iteration must print out the shapes area and upper left starting coordinates on a graph.   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your interview experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Didn't get passed the phone interview. When I found out what the pay was (SIGNIFICANTLY below industry and regional average), I ended it right there. Otherwise, typical phone interview with typical phone interview questions.

Low low pay.

Nov 29, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We wish you the best in your job search and hope you will consider AppFolio should there be a future opportunity that may ... More

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter then the VP of Product. After some non-technical questions, it was discovered that they were looking for a Visual Designer, not a UX designer. The company doesn't seem to know the difference. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description excited you?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017

We value your time, and I am sorry to hear that regarding the position differences - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and continuously improving. Thank you for ... More