AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with Software Architect. He started off by asking what my current role and responsibilities were, the talk lasted for about 10 odd minutes. This was followed by a hands-on question on google doc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to implement a stack with getMax() functionality along with the standard push() and pop().   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them at a networking event. Had a couple of phone conversations with the HR recruiter. Set me up with an interview. Easy process overall. Interview to hiring went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 interview between two managers and hired within the week. Definitely work at a quick pace here. Questions were all personality based so prep to talk about your background.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 30, 2017

We are so pleased to hear this - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard to the AppFolio team!

Web Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a brief 30 minute interview discussing why I was interested in the position, and my qualifications. My interviewer mixed up my resume with another applicant, and started asking me about things on another applicants resume (I thought that was rather unprofessional - I spent hours preparing, the least a manager could do is come prepared too). Before hanging up, my interviewer asked me if I could come in and interview at the office later that same week to meet other managers/staff/to see the office environment. I agreed and the interviewer said he would email me a confirmation with the address and names of the people I would be interviewing with. I never received the email. One day before our scheduled interview, I called the manager I had spoken with, left a message and never got a response. The day of the interview I called again to confirm that the interview was still going on as I had zero information and no confirmation, and the interviewer said that he had forgotten to follow up with me (again, I found this to be pretty unprofessional) but gave me the information I needed.

When my in-person interview came, I was scheduled to interview for 2 hours with 4 managers. I ended up spending 3.5 hours at AppFolio and met with 6 different managers. At the end of the day, I was given 2 personal cell phone numbers by 2 different managers, and was told I interviewed well and that they would get back to me by the end of the following week with information on next steps. Everything couldn't have gone any better. Got a call the following week saying they weren't going to continue with my interview process. After I spent 3.5 hours with them.... what a joke and a waste of time. I don't know what went wrong, but I definitely will not be applying to AppFolio again (this had been my 2nd time applying at the company, but in a different department).

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing in your free time when you're not at work?   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2017

We value your feedback and time - thank you for sharing that with us. We’re normally known to be prepared and ensure the candidate has all of the information needed for the interview. We will take... More

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager cold called me for a quick chat, and asked me to go over my background. After a few minutes he stated the position wasn't to manage CS agents (as the description itself conveys) and stated it was a tough position to fill. He then asked my salary requirements. There were no probing questions, nothing to dig into the history already provided on my resume, etc. Very, very surface level. Whole thing took 10 minutes, and I was declined within 15 minutes after.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your background.   1 Answer

Jun 30, 2017

We value the time you took to share your feedback, and I am sorry to hear that you did not receive an engaging interview - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with 4 managers. They tell you it has to be unanimous to become hired. Ask you tons of questions sit there and type on their computers like their writing a novel. Then they get together to see if they all agree on you.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback and will use this information to improve our response time and direct communication in the future.

We are very... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Initial phone screening that talked about my resume, past experiences and projects. Talked about what the job role would be. Phone screening went well and technical phone interview was scheduled the next week with a software developer. Talked a bit about past experiences then had me code on a shared google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, how would you return the three largest elements. Then follow up with ways to optimize.   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume in at a campus event. Got a phone call and went over my resume and general AppFolio stuff. Got an email the next week rejecting me and giving no reason why.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 30, 2017

Our goal is to always provide you with feedback in regards to your interview and I'm sorry that this didn't happen. We will use your valuable feedback to make our hiring process better going forward.... More

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviews were fast, friendly, and deliberate. Nothing too challenging, but if you want to get into marketing you should have a portfolio of work you've done in the past.

Interview Questions

• What relevant work have you done in the past that could contribute to our decision?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to do some test writing for us to contribute to our decision?   1 Answer

Jun 30, 2017

We are happy that you are happy and we love that you had a friendly experience - that's one of our favorite things about our company. Welcome to AppFolio!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio in April 2017.

Interview

I applied twice at AppFolio because I read the good reviews about the company. I received an email the first time and my application was rejected. The second time I applied because they have plenty of openings and I received an email first to set up a phone interview and then a phone call with the recruiter very nice and profesional. He set up a phone call with the manger and he called me 24 hours later "Very unprofessional" . He was rude and short and he just talked about himself and he didn't care about me. I haven't received any phone call or email after. Is he a customer service manager? Poor clients very disappointed. Give people te opportunity to work and don't discriminate.
     The interview was in Santa Barbara ,CA

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the product?   1 Answer

May 2, 2017

We value your feedback and time - thank you for sharing that with us. We’re normally known for spending quality time with our candidates and we regret that we missed the mark. We will use this... More