AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio in April 2017.

Interview

I applied twice at AppFolio because I read the good reviews about the company. I received an email the first time and my application was rejected. The second time I applied because they have plenty of openings and I received an email first to set up a phone interview and then a phone call with the recruiter very nice and profesional. He set up a phone call with the manger and he called me 24 hours later "Very unprofessional" . He was rude and short and he just talked about himself and he didn't care about me. I haven't received any phone call or email after. Is he a customer service manager? Poor clients very disappointed. Give people te opportunity to work and don't discriminate.
     The interview was in Santa Barbara ,CA

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the product?   1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was normal but how they brought me in for the interview was odd. This was back in 2014 so it might be different now. I applied for only one job, but they brought me in to interview for a different position without telling me. The person who emailed me the time and date then did not meet me at the front. They actually told me they had forgotten about the interview. So they threw a random employee into the meeting room with me cause the guy I was supposed to talk with was not there. What do you know, I didn't get that job... I kept applying for the position I wanted and eventually got word from that department. All normal and smooth sailing from there. Guess my negative experience was just department specific.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with accounting?   1 Answer

Director, Stratgic Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Horrible experience. Had two phone interviews then was asked to come to Santa Barbara to meet with 6 people (3 hours total). I booked rooms and took days off to go there. When I got there I had my first interview, then was told during my second one that the rest of the team was not available anymore and we would do virtual interviews in the coming weeks. I waited about 10 days to hear back and was then told the job requirements had changed and that I would not be interviewed. What a giant waste of time...never again!

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application for the role. One of their coordinators on the team reached out to try to schedule an interview. Unfortunately the email ended up in a junk mail folder and before I realized it, they rejected me in their system. I emailed back apologizing and asking to see if we can still connect. No response.

It looks like a great company to be a part of, but I ended up joining another great company instead. I'd still potentially be interested down the road if another opportunity opens up, but they should consider checking how some of their email communications may end up in someone's junk mail folder and reconsider.

Data Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through a phone screening, an in-person interview, video interview, and final interview. The interview process was quite simple. All 3 interviewers were very friendly, welcoming, and professional. I really wanted to work for Appfolio and ecstatically accepted the offered position. However, after careful consideration and much thought, I turned down what I initially accepted. I'm extremely grateful they gave me the opportunity to work there and would gladly apply again!!

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Mar 27, 2017

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard to the AppFolio team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was a general "get to know you" one. The onsite was fair, with the basics of Data Structures and Algorithms. Studying is a must as well as just practicing coding under pressure. The interviewers were really nice and helpful

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

The interview process was great. Easy to speak to, and were very intriguing, however it is very underpaid in my opinion. The atmosphere of the work place is great. everyone seemed very down to earth.

Low pay

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us - we are very pleased that you enjoyed the environment here and got a good vibe. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an ... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted app, phone screen, scheduled for in person interview. Showed up to their Richardson office and every one was in college apparel as I guess it was college day? Sat down in my interview and was excited because it was suppose to be 2 people interviewing, I really like group interview b/c it's more fair. You might not click with one interviewer or they may not see how your skills carry like someone else will. Well anyways my interviewer was some dry guy that got head hunted to work there and was pretty proud of it. They have a super start up atmosphere and I know in those places how you mesh and interact with teammates matters almost as much as the sales you bring in. So I tried to show more of my personality and I guess that was a mistake. Only thing I was truly bitter was that I emailed the interviewer for a critique and never got anything back. He had me email him answers to these stupid questions but yet I can't even get a reply?

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing this review. Our goal is to always provide good response time and communication and I'm sorry that this didn't happen. We will use your valuable feedback to make our hiring ... More

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter then the VP of Product. After some non-technical questions, it was discovered that they were looking for a Visual Designer, not a UX designer. The company doesn't seem to know the difference. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description excited you?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017

We value your time, and I am sorry to hear that regarding the position differences - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and continuously improving. Thank you for ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen to get a general sense of you as well as to confirm you researched the company / position. Common interview questions with friendly manager of team interviewing for. Interviewed with additional manager after. Then proceeded to interview with two additional superiors of the initial manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017

We are happy that you are happy and we couldn't agree more with the friendliness of the managers! Welcome to AppFolio and we wish you continued success.