AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them at a networking event. Had a couple of phone conversations with the HR recruiter. Set me up with an interview. Easy process overall. Interview to hiring went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was brought in into the interview and met with the hiring manager. The interview went really smoothly and didn’t take too long at all. Lots of behavioral questions and 2 questions that tested my ability to do research. After the interview, i was told that there would be another round in a few weeks but i never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to research an industry that we were interested in acquiring?   Answer Question

Value Added Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone with a HR person, then got invited for an in person with the department manager about a week later. The third visit, again about a week later, involved having three consecutive 30 minute interviews — two with existing team members and the third with another manager.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I actually interviewed for 2 different jobs on 2 separate occasions. Was found via LinkedIN by an Appfolio recruiter. I went in for a very unpleasant interview with the Manager who frankly just talked down to me the whole time. I had prepared for this interview and taken the time to learn more about AppFolio. Eventually, this Manager took out a piece of paper, and condescendingly gave me a visual lesson on what SaaS was. I am completely aware of what it is. When it came time to leave, he walked me out sand said he will "definitely be in touch" I never heard from him.
    I later got a call back from the recruiter asking me how the interview went. I was very honest and let him know it was pretty unpleasant.
    The same recruiter called me about a month later, recruiting me for another job in the MyCase department. I really wanted to work at AppFolio, so I went in with a positive attitude. I was walked to the Manager's office for the interview. She cut me off a few times basically asking me her next question without allowing me to finish my thought. It made me feel really awkward. At one point, I was answering her question, and she openly yawned in my face. Did not cover her mouth, or even say "excuse me"
    I got so upset that I almost asked her, "I'm sorry, do I bore you?" but refrained.
    It was an EXTREMELY unpleasant interview.
    I was then walked to another room to interview with a girl I went to COLLEGE with. This girl & I had a few classes together & were on pleasant terms with each other. But, this in my opinion isn’t a fair or unbiased interview, especially if the girl & I graduated college the same year. I feel that I didn’t really get a fair shot to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do you even KNOW what SaaS is?   1 Answer

Nov 15, 2017

Firstly, we value your time to provide feedback for our company. We are sorry to hear that your experience was unpleasant. We take pride in making sure everyone feels welcomed into AppFolio and that... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Hiring team was quick to get in contact and were friendly and helpful throughout the process. The in-person interview allowed the interviewer to get to know the candidate, as well as for the interviewee to better understand the company and the role to which they are applying.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Nov 9, 2017

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience through the recruiting process and we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. We truly wish you the best in your job... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with Software Architect. He started off by asking what my current role and responsibilities were, the talk lasted for about 10 odd minutes. This was followed by a hands-on question on google doc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to implement a stack with getMax() functionality along with the standard push() and pop().   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 interview between two managers and hired within the week. Definitely work at a quick pace here. Questions were all personality based so prep to talk about your background.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 30, 2017

We are so pleased to hear this - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard to the AppFolio team!

Web Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a brief 30 minute interview discussing why I was interested in the position, and my qualifications. My interviewer mixed up my resume with another applicant, and started asking me about things on another applicants resume (I thought that was rather unprofessional - I spent hours preparing, the least a manager could do is come prepared too). Before hanging up, my interviewer asked me if I could come in and interview at the office later that same week to meet other managers/staff/to see the office environment. I agreed and the interviewer said he would email me a confirmation with the address and names of the people I would be interviewing with. I never received the email. One day before our scheduled interview, I called the manager I had spoken with, left a message and never got a response. The day of the interview I called again to confirm that the interview was still going on as I had zero information and no confirmation, and the interviewer said that he had forgotten to follow up with me (again, I found this to be pretty unprofessional) but gave me the information I needed.

When my in-person interview came, I was scheduled to interview for 2 hours with 4 managers. I ended up spending 3.5 hours at AppFolio and met with 6 different managers. At the end of the day, I was given 2 personal cell phone numbers by 2 different managers, and was told I interviewed well and that they would get back to me by the end of the following week with information on next steps. Everything couldn't have gone any better. Got a call the following week saying they weren't going to continue with my interview process. After I spent 3.5 hours with them.... what a joke and a waste of time. I don't know what went wrong, but I definitely will not be applying to AppFolio again (this had been my 2nd time applying at the company, but in a different department).

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing in your free time when you're not at work?   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2017

We value your feedback and time - thank you for sharing that with us. We’re normally known to be prepared and ensure the candidate has all of the information needed for the interview. We will take... More

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager cold called me for a quick chat, and asked me to go over my background. After a few minutes he stated the position wasn't to manage CS agents (as the description itself conveys) and stated it was a tough position to fill. He then asked my salary requirements. There were no probing questions, nothing to dig into the history already provided on my resume, etc. Very, very surface level. Whole thing took 10 minutes, and I was declined within 15 minutes after.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your background.   1 Answer

Jun 30, 2017

We value the time you took to share your feedback, and I am sorry to hear that you did not receive an engaging interview - that is not our goal! We are committed to taking in this feedback and... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with 4 managers. They tell you it has to be unanimous to become hired. Ask you tons of questions sit there and type on their computers like their writing a novel. Then they get together to see if they all agree on you.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback and will use this information to improve our response time and direct communication in the future.

We are very... More