AppFolio Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them at a networking event. Had a couple of phone conversations with the HR recruiter. Set me up with an interview. Easy process overall. Interview to hiring went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted app, phone screen, scheduled for in person interview. Showed up to their Richardson office and every one was in college apparel as I guess it was college day? Sat down in my interview and was excited because it was suppose to be 2 people interviewing, I really like group interview b/c it's more fair. You might not click with one interviewer or they may not see how your skills carry like someone else will. Well anyways my interviewer was some dry guy that got head hunted to work there and was pretty proud of it. They have a super start up atmosphere and I know in those places how you mesh and interact with teammates matters almost as much as the sales you bring in. So I tried to show more of my personality and I guess that was a mistake. Only thing I was truly bitter was that I emailed the interviewer for a critique and never got anything back. He had me email him answers to these stupid questions but yet I can't even get a reply?

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing this review. Our goal is to always provide good response time and communication and I'm sorry that this didn't happen. We will use your valuable feedback to make our hiring... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a reply pretty much right away via email. I was pretty excited about the company. I scheduled an interview, showed up early and found out AFTER the interview was supposed to start that the person who was supposed to interview me wasn't even there... The guy who ended up interviewing me seemed nice at first, but the longer we talked the more he started just being condescending. I've interviewed many times before for various internships and jobs, and never left disliking a company until my interview with AppFolio.

I was asked to complete a "next step" after the interview and was not at all interested in continuing the process.

For people thinking about applying: There are many tech companies in SB with competitive pay and even better culture. This isn't a dig on AppFolio as a whole, just the SDR department...that's all I can speak to.

Interview Questions

• We get a lot of people new to the workforce who think they're ready to work 40 hours a week, but end up just not having the work ethic. How would you say you'd handle the stress of full time?   1 Answer

Jul 5, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your feedback. We are working with our team to use your feedback to make the interview experience better. We wish you the best in your... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

No phone call brought me in for an interview. Seems to go well enough. He tells me to email him back the awnser to 3 questions he asks me. I do so. No awnser back. So i email him again to follow up and ask why he had not responded. No response again. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We value your feedback and will be sure to share your feedback with our hiring teams so that we can improve our response following interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, asked a lot of personality questions. Started with a screening, then went to a 1-1 interview where we talked about the culture of the company and what they did. Then went forward with more questions and then was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out compared to others applying for the same positon?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017

We are so pleased to hear this! We hope you have had a wonderful experience with AppFolio so far!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process, start by getting a screen. Then you move into a in person interview with a tour around. Great young atmosphere, communication breakdown with final interview to offer.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening and was told about the job, benefits and salary to expect to see if it was in line with what I was looking for. During the screening I was then briefed about how I could prepare for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. About a week after the phone interview I had my interview with the hiring manager. Was a laid-back environment, I was told not to dress too formally as it was an easy-going company.

The second interview took about an hour and a half and I spoke with the hiring manager as well as a senior SDR. The hiring manager asked a lot of questions about my background as well as went over the sales development cycle which AppFolio employs and then asked if I needed any further explanation on it. I was then interviewed by a senior SDR and was asked questions more surrounding whether I would be a cultural fit, what I liked to do for fun, etc. I was asked by the hiring manager when I would be available to start (which I took as a good sign) and then later told by the senior SDR that they'd be sure to tell the hiring manager I had their approval and asked what my start date was (which I said I wasn't formally offered anything yet but told them the tentative start date the hiring manager mentioned to me). I spoke to the hiring manager once again at the end of the interview process and was told he had various other interviews to conduct but wanted me to email him a summary of what we talked about and what I learned during the interview and why I believe I would be the best fit for the position and why Appfolio in general.

A few days later I received an email from the hiring manager stating he would like to do some role play activities with cold calling and gave me a script to study. A time and date was setup for the role play which took about 20 minutes and I was then asked if I would be willing to accept an offer if given one. I replied that I would and was told I should be contacted by the end of the week. A week and a half later I received an email saying I was not offered the job.

I felt the overall interview process went well and I received a lot of positive feedback so I was somewhat shocked at the no offer. However a week later I was contacted again by the head of their MyCase division saying they heard great things about me from the previous hiring manager I spoke to and would like to bring me in for an interview with their other division.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AppFolio and our competitors?   Answer Question
    • How many outbound calls and emails are you capable of sending out a day?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They had a phone screening, an in-person interview in Dallas and then one more final interview. They said they would keep me updated and asked when I was ready to work so I took this as a positive sign. A couple weeks have passed and I didn't get a single reply from them. I even emailed and called and there was no reply. All in all, even if the interview process went well, there was never any response from the company.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for taking time to consider AppFolio and for sharing your experience with us. We value your feedback and will use this information to improve our response time and direct communication in... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Connected with AppFolio via a UCSB recruiting event. I contacted AppFolio about the SDR position and was quickly contacted by one of their recruiting managers via email to set up a phone interview. Had my phone interview with a manager from Texas who seemed very positive and asked simple questions about my personality (what are three adjectives to describe yourself, etc) before setting up an in-person interview in Santa Barbara. Met with a manager of a SDR team who asked me about my resume, past experiences, weaknesses, what I thought the SDR role covered, etc; he seemed concerned that I might find the cold-calling and lead generation of the SDR role too tedious - I agree. He then had me interview with a manager from their legal division for a sales role under that department (sales associates from the legal side control much more of the sales process and have a true understanding of the product they are selling). She asked very similar questions but had a much more pleasant demeanor. I contacted both of the people I interviewed with over the next week. They informed me they were still looking over candidates. A week later the property division informed me I had not been selected, I did not hear back from the legal side despite contacted them again.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a Sales Development Representative does?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

The interview process was easy and was not overwhelming. I was a bit nervous going in, but when things got rolling everything was pretty smooth. No questions that were out of the ordinary and got straight to the point.