AppFolio Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in January 2014.

Interview

Screening/behavioral questions with HR on phone first. Then a phone interview with Andrew Mutz. Very nice people. Fair questions. Asked a lot about complexity and ways to improve efficiency of your code. I just blanked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an array that contains duplicates (except for one value), find the one value that does not have a duplicate in that array. Explain the complexity of your algorithm. So in the array: A = [2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4] your algorithm should return 5 since that's the value that does not have a duplicate.

2. Explain the process that happens when you type your username and hit submit on a website (HTTP, server/client communication, etc...)
    3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

was interviewed by two software engineers working there. one of them asked high level questions related to algorithms and web programming / networks. the other one was all about low level coding and concentrated on implementation. Each interview took about an hour or so. I was briefed about the company before the interview and was explained the nature of the work.

Interview Questions

• given two sorted arrays A and B A has a buffer at the end large enough to hold B. how would you merge them into a sorted array   1 Answer