AppFolio Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a college job fair. Recruiter contacted me about a week later and arranged a phone interview with the team that was hiring. I then went to an on site technical interview in Santa Barbara. It was a half day, and there were three different interviews. One behavioral/resume related. The other two technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Was called after attending an information session. Got a call from a recruiter. Did not have a lot of background in the related software position and was asked about this.

Interview Questions

• What other projects related to the position have you done?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Apply online and be contacted with hr in one week. Talking with hr about background and questions like whether have other offer. Then 3 round of phone interview, each around 1hour through skype. Some basic question based on your resume and one or two coding question about algorithm. If you already have an offer, told hr and she would help you to accelerate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• firstly some question about experience and projects on resume. Then coding question like find top 3 element in an array. The third round, was given a api which can get top 50 resturants in an area, need to find all resturants. Implement in both recursive and non recursive way.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks.

Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests.

Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was on GoToMeeting. It was almost like any other interview. Started with few Java concepts - collections, interfaces, Garbage collection. Then next a programming question was asked. Any programing language is fine. Some follow up question and few more technical questions pertaining to the projects on resume.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Feb 24, 2017

We are so pleased to hear this - thank you for sharing and we hope you've had a wonderful experience with AppFolio so far!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Pitts, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an call in a week. HR was nice and chatted with me friendly. We set up a technical interview in next week even the time changed once. The questions are mentioned before but not specified. The director of engineer is also nice. The whole process lasts one hour and use skype and google docs.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose appfolio, projects you love.
      You will be given an API which would offers you 50 restaurants in an area. And you have four coordinates for a rectangle, how you will get all the restaurants in this area.
      Give you an array of integer, find all the prime number in this array.   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their corporate recruiter asking if I was interested in interviewing. I first interviewed with the recruiter who conducted an hour long non-technical phone interview. I was then scheduled for an on-site 4 hour long technical interview. The interviews were conducted by two senior engineers and the director of engineering. Each interview was a typical technical question to be solved on a white board. The interview process was generally a good experience, the two senior engineering were engaging and seemed interested in the interview. However, the director of engineering spent a lot of the time texting on his phone and continually asked me to repeat myself when I asked questions or had comments. In my opinion, if he isn't interested in interviewing then he should delegate the process to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Draw an entity diagram for the game of chess. Write a function and tests for the movement of specific game pieces.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that validates a username based on various requirements such as minimum and maximum length, only specific characters, no repeating characters, etc.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that creates continuous circle and square objects and draws them on the screen with each shape is only as large as can be fit inside the previous shape drawn. The program must do this with a square that starts with a side length of 1000 units and go until the final shape area is less than 1. Each iteration must print out the shapes area and upper left starting coordinates on a graph.   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in February 2016.

Interview

First round with HR and two rounds of phone screen technical interviews. Questions related to Ruby were asked. Each one lasted for about 40 minutes. The HR was really efficient and nice.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We take pride in reviews like these. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you a great candidate experience. Thanks for taking time to write a review.