AppFolio User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppFolio User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Staff I interviewed with were very flaky. Multiple staff members missed interview times on multiple occasions with me and my references that they requested to speak to. Interview process took 60+ days. They NEVER communicated to me when they said they would. During interviews when I asked product folks about how they were improving their product (site filled with obvious bugs, non functional App.) they all changed subject to discuss another product they were working on. Would be a good work place for younger professionals who like to play with nerf guns but does not appear to be a good place for seasoned professionals. Smart engineering team seems to run the show. Seems to be some process work issues between design and Eng. teams Overall, Nice people and they all seem to enjoy working together but lack serious professional experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a heuristic review of their products. and presented my findings.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

While the interviewers (Hiring Manager and UX Leads) were very professional, the recruiter I was in touch with was very unresponsive and I had to follow up with him several times, due to which the whole process took 60 days.
    The 3rd round was over the phone with 4 UX leads, I thought it was hard to gauge their reaction/interest over my answers. A face to face would have been more helpful in having a better discussion. It felt like I was just talking in a dark room with different voices!

Interview Questions