AppLovin Frontend Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy interview, their team seemed like they had good chemistry working together.

Based on the position I was interviewing for, it seemed kind of beneath my level, but I really liked the people. The position was just creating templates for their ads. They could've hired a very junior level front end engineer to do this. However, the company was in a growing phase so I felt that there are opportunities for me to do interesting work.

Unfortunately, I also mentioned that I was scheduled for 6 weeks family vacation in June in Europe (which I was willing to go without pay), so they had second thoughts about me because of this. The VP of Engineering said he couldn't meet my minimum salary requirement, which was $100k. He said he could only offer $95k, which I took as he did not want to hire me because of my vacation disclosure. The company also had unlimited vacation policy, so for a new employee to take 6 weeks off, it was not ideal to him. I'm not so sure if the people who work there would ever take this much time off. Understandable.

Should you disclose your pre-planned vacation (or any other issues)? Absolutely, even if you think you won't get an offer. I think honesty is the best policy at a small company like this. Imagine what would happen if you were to tell this company after you join? I don't think it would put you in a very good place with the team.

I ended up joining another very early-startup, where we built the product from scratch. During the 2-year period, my salary increase during the 2-year at my current company went from $130k to $175k (which I didn't even ask for), so it all worked out well in the end.

Interview Questions

• Very basic Javascript questions. If you've been doing Javascript for at least a few months, you should be able to answer those questions. They did ask me algorithms questions, which I know nothing about, and I'm pretty sure I did not get them right, but it was OK. It was fun to learn about those topics, since algorithms aren't something I would've tried to learn on my own.   Answer Question