AppLovin Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppLovin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at AppLovin

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call to screen my skill then go onsite interview.
During the onsite interview, I need with three talented engineer. They are very friendly and willing to give advice and tips.
Overall, I am very enjoy the interview and also learn some skill during it.

Interview Questions

AppLovin Response

May 5, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Hi! My name is Amery and I work with recruiting at AppLovin. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to interview and share feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve the candidate... More

Other Interview Reviews for AppLovin

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few days, I had a phone interview set up. On the phone interview, I was asked about some basic Java features and some OOD. I was then invited to their office in Palo Alto. There, I talked with two of their engineers separately. After that, I had one final skype call after which I was given an offer. Everyone was very helpful during the interview process, and communication was done very well.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter, a 45min technical interview with an engineer that ended up going about an hour (lots of definitions/explain this technology questions, with two simple coding questions), then an on-site which consisted of 3 interviews over 3/3.5 hours, mainly focused on whiteboard questions. Recruiter called before each interview with helpful tips, etc.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email a couple weeks later to setup a call with the recruiter. After the recruiter call we setup a time for an online technical interview call with the hiring manager the next week. The online interview was 1-hour standard coding technical interview and the hiring manager was happy to explain and dig deeper as I was answering questions.
    I heard back in about a week and 2 days later was scheduled for an on-site interview (5 hours).
    On site I met with:
    - (tech interview) 1 other programmer where I was asked to whiteboard implement a recent top mobile game
    - (tech interview) the engineering manager who had interviewed me on the phone who asked more questions about complexities in recursive processes
    - (casual conversation) a business development manager who asked about my experience and personal projects as well as 5 year plan
    - the president of the studio who asked about my goals, talents, and interests, and figured out if the role would fit my plans and the company's
    - a designer who filled me in on the softer side of the company (culture, perks, work/life balance)

Each of them were professional and I could tell they really cared about the company and weren't just looking for anyone to fill the role.

I was made an offer later that day and accepted a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• - high level knowledge of graphics compression
      - implement and expand on recursive processes
      - whiteboard high-level implementation of latest top-grossing apps
      - standard programming data structures and optimization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter via LinkedIn. She set up a phone screen after I said I was interested. The phone interview went well enough and I was invited on-site.

Now my memory is a bit fuzzy as this was five years ago, but I was interviewed by at least two people. One of them was the VP of Engineering if I remember correctly. They asked about my previous work experience as well as technical questions.

It's worth mentioning that the company moves very fast. I was given the decision right after the interview ended. Although I sadly didn't get an offer, they were very nice about it. They even gave me suggestions on areas to improve should I decide to apply again in the future. All things considered, this was a very nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

The process is smooth and their response is very fast, I finished the entire process within a month. Both hiring team and interviewers are very friendly and helpful. There is one phone interview first for about 1 hour, and then within a week I had onsite interview with four team members, it's about one hour per person. Overall very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager, technical phone screen, 3 onsite interviews, 2 more onsite interviews (with hiring manager and VP of engineering). Technical questions weren't too difficult and everyone was super nice!