Apparatus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apparatus Interview Questions

3.1

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

In depth review of resume along with a personality quiz. They look to see what department you best fit in based on the answers you give. It started with a phone interview that was gauging interest and explaining the company. From there it was an in person interview with the recruiter and the head of the department.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You are usually paired with a random group of 2-4 employees ranging from upper management executives and mid-level managers to those that you will be working alongside with. Questions are normally a mix of some technical but seem to weigh heavily on the person themselves and how they might fit into the company culture.

Expect at least 2 interviews. More importantly, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Depends on who is asking but "Do you feel that an education and a piece of paper are more valued than on-the-job experience."   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Involved interviewing on-site with a few managers, and a few team leads. Everyone was very friendly and it was a positive experience. They have a very nice office.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I participated in the New College Graduate hiring process. I really enjoyed the process. The individuals I interviewed with over the phone and in person were very friendly. The process began with a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was asked to participate in the group process. The group process gave me the opportunity to talk with existing employees and learn what the work week is typically like. It also allowed me to develop an understanding of the company culture and determine how the culture aligned with my personality. The process included interaction with the other applicants in a group setting. All in all, the experience was enjoyable and informative.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral. There were also some questions about the basics of database management.   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Answer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The hiring process was good and direct. One minor complain is that they could have been a little more communicative or quick to respond to my questions. I was able to meet with some of the people I'd be working for, but not a lot of people I'd be working with. This may have been for anonymity on their end, but it would have been nice to meet more of the team before I left. The process was solid, though, and overall fair.

Interview Questions

• More focused on personal life than other IT companies. Lots of passions and hobby questions. They want people who want to work with people and not be alone in a quiet room.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and inviting. After participating in a phone interview I was asked to come and meet for a face-to-face . Unlike most interviews where you get to meet 1 or 2 of the employees I was able to speak and interact with multiple employees. The atmosphere they provided was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable, allowing me to answer questions with a lot less anxiety than previous interviews I have participated in.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions asked during the interview are one regarding my technical skills   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

Being a recent grad, the process was slightly different than normal. All graduates were interviewed in a rotating interviewer/interviewee fashion (individually). The interviews were productive but the overall process was quite vague. I made it to a second interview and did not hear back for 2 months, which was unfortunate considering the response was a no. All in all though the atmosphere and company seemed fantastic.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite specific. The most difficult was a question concerning terminal/prompts on linux operating systems.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined. There was an initial interview that they used to narrow down the field and then they invited the top 50 or so picks for their intern program onsite to attend some onsite interviews and participate in the culture. They provided food and some activities to get to know the company and the folks who work there. There were two very short interviews, each 15 minutes apiece, and we heard back on our status within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apparatus in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen and went very well. The HR specialist was very nice and polite. She asked me light technical questions (bird's eye view questions) and about some of my personal interests / hobbies. Nothing really difficult or surprising - I was asked about any new technologies I was getting into.

The second interview was a little different. I met with the HR specialist and the technical manager, plus one other senior level technician. The senior technician I was supposed to meet was replaced at the last minute. Overall, the interview was conducted in a very respectful and constructive manner. They delved deeply into my background and asked quite a few technical questions. It felt like they were trying gauge my interests and familiarity in various technical disciplines. The odd part of the interview was that I wasn't applying for any specific job. They said that they were looking at filling several different roles and did things a little more fluidly and differently with their hiring.

Ultimately, nothing came of the interview. I got the standard "thanks, we'll keep your resume on file for future reference", which was totally fine with me.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything overly challenging - just had to know my server hardware and SATA RAID configurations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apparatus (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and I was quite surprised because I was contacted by a recruiter almost immediately after doing so. The interview process consisted of only 2 scheduled interviews. The initial interview was with the recruiter, and was basically just standard behavioral questions along with getting an idea of which group/team I'd fit on. Based on my skills and experience, they set up a second interview over Skype, with the leader of one of the specialized teams and the director of operations. This interview was suppose to be technical, however only half the questions were.

They really want to get a sense of your personality, and make sure you'd be a good fit on the team. If you're friendly, ambitious, and know your field well you will not have issues with their interview process. Everyone I meet and talked to during this process was very friendly, and gave me the same respect back.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral, and the interviews were all conversational and not scripted.
      The technical questions will be based on your experience. For example if you're into web development: What is MVC, and elaborate on the benefits of this design
      Answer Question

The compensation offered was below average for college graduates in the field. Along with that, they are growing very fast which tells me their current employees may be commonly overworked without overtime pay. I attempted to argue a more justifiable base pay, however they were not willing to budge. They look to keep all college grads "on the same playing field".

I decided to accept an offer with a larger company which doesn't have a problem investing more in its employees from the start.