Appirio Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Appirio Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Appirio

3.2

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Appirio.

Interview

Met with a recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a technical task, interview to review technical task, and then 3 back to back interviews with team members. All were via Google Hangouts. I enjoyed everyone I interviewed with and it gave me a great look into the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Appirio

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Appirio in May 2018.

Interview

A combination of video and in-person meetings to determine competency, culture and overall fit with the organization. A positive experience overall that I would recommend to colleagues who are fast-paced problem solvers who thrive on owning their outcomes.

Interview Questions

• You've been assigned to sit in on a strategy engagement to fill in for a colleague, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Appirio (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was first reached out to by an Appirio recruiter after applying for the job on their website. I know a gentleman whom works at the company, so I had that advantage over any other candidate, though I don't think it mattered much.

A phone interview was scheduled and conducted. Two days later I was informed that I would be moving on in the process and interviewing with another consultant in the company over the phone. This second phone interview was about an hour long, contained many questions, and in my opinion was the most "difficult" part of the process.

The next day, I was informed by the same recruiter who reached out to me initially that I was moving on to an in-person interview at the Indianapolis location. That interview was for 4 hours and I interviewed with 6 different people ranging from co-founded of the company to someone with a similar role that I interviewed for. The questions were mainly conversational, but contained good context.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Appirio.

Interview

I applied for postings at Appirio without success (not even a recruiter call), it was not until I was referred that I received a call from an Appirio recruiter. If you want to get a job at this company have someone inside refer you. It is a big push and 60% of all candidates are referred. 2nd call was with a team lead in the area where I would be working. Nice conversation went over by 30 minutes. 3rd interview was with another team lead (phone). Harder conversation, but nothing difficult. This company is about fun and personality. They work hard but believe in playing hard. Third interview was via Google Hangout. This is a cloud company so be prepared to use Google Hangout, not Skype. This was with a more senior person and interview went well. I was asked to send some samples of my work. Next and final interviews were in person with three people. Everything was still conversational. They have to like you as person. You have to appear ethical and smart. Do your research. Appirio is big in social media. Check out their Google+, Twitter, Facebook account. Be prepared to discuss the company, not in some case study type of way. Be engaging, act like you have a genuine interest. This is a big deal. Can not stress enough... ASK QUESTIONS. Come dressed for an interview, don't let the casual culture throw you.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, they just kept asking if i had any questions for them. After 3-5 questions it became a little forced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Appirio (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Process began in early October through a site promoting remote-based work. Had contact with their recruiter at least every few days. Did an initial HR-type call, then 3 additional calls with managers and different members of the division's structure, including the head. Was flown to Indianapolis for a round of 4 interviews in person (1 was over Skype, since they had to travel). Treated very well. Contacted me for another interview with a higher-up in the overall company. Most interviews seemed to trust I was representing myself honestly in my resume and dove more into interpersonal skills and experience, problem solving, career journey. Total time from application to offer: 3 months, 1 week. Thanks for glassdoor, I expected it to be long, but it seems like they want to ensure a good fit on as many levels as possible.

Interview Questions

• For a project you worked with that failed, what happened and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward - negotiation was done, but no tricks - very simple conversation which made sure everyone ended up happy.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Appirio (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. There was a recruiter screening followed by a Telephone technical screen. I had to complete a Project in Salesforce. This was followed by another round of Technical interview. Surprisingly I was not invited onsite for any of the interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• Explain the most challenging technical task that you helped your clients with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the Base salary by about 10K

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Appirio (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Let me start by saying this was one of the most grueling processes I have had. It took me 9 interviews to land the job (including the initial recruiter conversation). the first 2 interviews were via phone. The next 2 were via Google Hangout/Skype. Everyone I talked to was super easy to talk to and fun. I recall going over the time scheduled with one person because we hit it off so well and kept talking and going over things. It made me feel at ease and relaxed and it was not high pressure.

The people who interviewed me were all smart and knew their stuff. You could tell that a BS resume would easily be sniffed out. The last 5 interviews were 30 minute in person interviews in the Indianapolis office. I sat in a conference room and people took turns interviewing me. 2 of the interviews were technical and got into detailed information. The other 3 were more personality interviews. I got the feeling they were attempting to see if I fit into the team because I interviewed with people of all levels inside of my given specialty.

The office was a typical Silicon Valley IT feel. Laid back but professional. you could see them meant it when they talk about work life balance being important. I knew when it was over it was the place I wanted to work and hoped I would get a call back.

I had heard it was a difficult place to get hired onto and after 9 interviews I agree but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• If I were given a web page how would count the total number of characters on the web page.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed they gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Appirio (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Expect to have 3 to 5 phone/video interviews followed by an onsite interview day with another 3 to 5 interviews. Overall it's meant to judge your professionalism, technical/functional expertise, and if you are a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Appirio Response

Aug 31, 2015 – Manager, US Recruiting

Thank you for providing your feedback and experience through our interview process. If you have any suggestions or additional feedback, I would love to discuss in more detail. Please contact me at... More