Apple Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.9

289 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Interview

- 3 phone calls
- First is the biggest one
- if you are recommended it'll be easier

I first applied in early 2016 and did not start working until early August, the process was very long but worth waiting for. this was my dream company so working here was everything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone with a wifi issue?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager, we setup a time to chat. As far as I could tell, everything went GREAT. I truly can not fathom I guess of why I did not get the position. AND I've been doing the same job (supporting apple devices at home with another company) for 3 years ALREADY!! It's just crazy that I actually got denied!! On top of that Im ranked in the top 10 of my company out of 150!!! AND I've been doing tech support for mac and windows for 20 YEARS NOW!!!! How I failed the interview, I have no idea.

Interview Questions

• Roleplaying where the manager acts like the customer calling in for an apple issue.   2 Answers

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2017.

Interview

Asked a lot of troubleshooting questions and how much you know about Apple products. Role-play scenario about someone having issues with their iphone. How would you troubleshoot an external monitor?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone, which then moved on to an interview over skype. They gave basic information about the role and what I was expected to do, and then they asked me questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Apple will arrange a call, give you about a 15 minute feeler questionnaire, then go ahead and let you know by the end of the week what they will do. I interviewed with them and got through the second round of interviews before they said they would be looking different places. All in all very corporate interview process with multiple rounds.

Interview Questions

• How much on phone customer support experience you have.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewing process took several months

First was a 5 minute phone call after submitting application online asking what is apple about and what I thought the job is about

The next was an hour long interview over Skype or Facetime with personal questions along with troubleshooting skills and roleplaying a call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and briefly spoke to an agent over the phone. She emailed me to set up a FaceTime interview. The interviewer asked questions on how I would handle a call. He threw me situations and I had to respond with questions I would ask to figure out what is wrong. Went pretty well. I received an email asking me to finish my online profile. I think I took too long to fill it out (I needed references) because I eventually got the denial email.

Interview Questions

• If someone called you and they seemed to be frustrated, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took nine to ten month to get hired on. Two interviews and simple basic question of tech. They email to set up a interview, meet up for first interview then if success go onto a second interview through facefime for personality and knowledge of tech support. If success then you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial phone call which was an on-the-spot interview with some role-playing questions involved. Then there were 3 more scheduled webcam interviews with more of the same, including a chat simulation (since I was interviewing for a chat position).

The interviews took place from March through May, and the job began on June 30th.

Interview Questions

• Remember that whatever questions they ask, they are simply looking for how you approach the questions, not the technical answers to the questions.   Answer Question

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One of the best experiences ever! Make sure you be uniquely you and pleasurable. They look for that more than product knowledge. The interview is done via video conference and represents the hiring process of tomorrow. I will say it is very easy to forget you are in the throws of an interview and chatting it up with a new friend you are excited to learn more about.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who has never owned an iPhone and looking for classes?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation.