Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

It is 3 interviews. One is a group interview, second is an interview with you and two managers and the third is you with vice and senior managers. The process isn’t as long as some think. If you really impress them you will get the job in no time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was by phone. After general conversation, a followup call was about my skills. I was asked specific questions about hardware and software. Some were very technical, but I was prepared. After phone interviews, I was called in to the San Francisco store and after an intro to about 12 of us, I did a 1 on 1 interview inside a closed office, which I thought went well. I then did a roll-play interview with a "customer" and was evaluated on how I handled it. I did well.

In the end, I did not receive a job offer. Perhaps I was over qualified or they thought I would not be a good fit with the team. I'm just speculating. Of course, they do not tell you why.

Interview Questions

• There is no sound coming out of the speakers. How do you troubleshoot the issue.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

After repeadely calling the store to try to get a hold of a hiring manager, I finally scored an interview. I walked into the store 15 minutes early; the manager later remaked how impressed he was about that since everyone came in 5 mins or less. Honestly? It's a cardinal rule to ALWAYS come at least 15 minutes early. Anyway, he took me to a rest area in the mall and we went over my employment history, why I wanted to work for Apple, experience with Apple products, etc. Interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and the guy was blown away by me. Basically...dress nice and convince the guy/girl/group that you LOVE Apple and there is NO PLACE else you'd rather work (without coming off as fake). So, I got a second interview with the Lead Genius and the head of the Family Room Specialists. I'd rather have the Genius spot, but if I have to "get my foot in the door" by taking the FRS, then I'll do it.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Arlington, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

Apple takes it's sweet time with the interview process. I applied online and heard from them probably a month later. I applied as a Genius as I've been using Macs for 15 plus years. They instead hired me as a Mac Specialist. THe first contact was a regional interview over the phone followed by an overt he phone test for the genius openin. I was then recommended down to the retail level where I was interviewed in person and several days later they got back to me with an offer. Two days of 8 hour training with all the other new hires at a local hotel. (paid $8 for training then $10 at my regular rate).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much negotiation unless its another title you are going for in terms of pay. They know how much they are going to pay you based on the market they are in. For example in Richmond, VA they offered a few dollars less considering the lower cost of living than DC. Fun company to work for more than anything they are looking for customer service, their attitudes is they will train you. They like to think they are customers friends and not sales people. They want you to "Attach" products to the sale not up sell. For example a Student might need Microsoft office with his new MacBook. I rate it neutral because it's very clear that they want you to fit them not the other way around. They are going to do things their way. And if they weren't fun and nice people they could otherwise be creepy. It's the culture. They want good personality.

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You can have as many as 4 interviews. Each with a different manager. The most easy going interview to have. Ultimately it was like having a conversation. I get a sense that they are truly curious as to what kind of person you are. Being yourself is the best way advice I’ve gotten from former employees during this interview process and I couldn’t agree more.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL).

Interview

4 interviews. First one is a group interview which was pretty easy. They mainly want to make sure you're a people person and can hold up a conversation. They ask if you have apple devices and I had none

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would handle someone who is upset about their phone breaking   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Lansing, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

It was group interview of 4. The interviewers were in serious mood, and snobby also were not that engaging. They were just giving random questions (over 6 questions and each applicant had to answer it)were irrelevant to the applicant experience. The interview took too long, and put applicants with other over qualified applicants which it is unfair. Why would you make applicants compete and interview with applicant that were obviously going to be one landing the job to begin with. So it was waste of time to the rest of interviewed applicants. It was overall unprofessional. If I knew it would be like that I wouldn't have applied at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Orland Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screening where I was asked about myself and my history. Then once I passed it the district manager gave me a choice as to which location I wanted to apply to. Once I picked then was set up with a face to face. The hiring manager took me to the food court and we had the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Friendly interviewers, relax demeanour. Casual setting in all 4 interviews. 3 interviews were at the store, I arrived 10 minutes early always, the managers seemed a bit busy and had to wait about 5 minutes after the scheduled interview. The managers had me pull up a chair with them and we just sat down in the middle of the store. The last one was a phone interview.
    They like social people that can talk to the costumer since it is a retail store. Process took about 6 weeks, answered all my questions about company growth, training, benefits.
    It was a part time position with the possibility or becoming full time.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Troy, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied one month prior to getting a call for a interview. Went to the Apple store and was interviewed with other candidates. I was informed that the interview process was a 3 phase process. You speak to 3 different Apple staff before getting the final decision. The interview went well, you get asked personality questions and you need to know the background of Apple and familiar with Apple's tech devices.