Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

It is 3 interviews. One is a group interview, second is an interview with you and two managers and the third is you with vice and senior managers. The process isn’t as long as some think. If you really impress them you will get the job in no time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Friendly interviewers, relax demeanour. Casual setting in all 4 interviews. 3 interviews were at the store, I arrived 10 minutes early always, the managers seemed a bit busy and had to wait about 5 minutes after the scheduled interview. The managers had me pull up a chair with them and we just sat down in the middle of the store. The last one was a phone interview.
    They like social people that can talk to the costumer since it is a retail store. Process took about 6 weeks, answered all my questions about company growth, training, benefits.
    It was a part time position with the possibility or becoming full time.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Troy, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied one month prior to getting a call for a interview. Went to the Apple store and was interviewed with other candidates. I was informed that the interview process was a 3 phase process. You speak to 3 different Apple staff before getting the final decision. The interview went well, you get asked personality questions and you need to know the background of Apple and familiar with Apple's tech devices.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL).

Interview

4 interviews. First one is a group interview which was pretty easy. They mainly want to make sure you're a people person and can hold up a conversation. They ask if you have apple devices and I had none

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would handle someone who is upset about their phone breaking   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Lansing, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

It was group interview of 4. The interviewers were in serious mood, and snobby also were not that engaging. They were just giving random questions (over 6 questions and each applicant had to answer it)were irrelevant to the applicant experience. The interview took too long, and put applicants with other over qualified applicants which it is unfair. Why would you make applicants compete and interview with applicant that were obviously going to be one landing the job to begin with. So it was waste of time to the rest of interviewed applicants. It was overall unprofessional. If I knew it would be like that I wouldn't have applied at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Orland Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screening where I was asked about myself and my history. Then once I passed it the district manager gave me a choice as to which location I wanted to apply to. Once I picked then was set up with a face to face. The hiring manager took me to the food court and we had the interview.

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in December 2017.

Interview

Very good/relaxed interview process. First was a meeting with the hiring manager to make sure you're a good fit for the store. After that, I was able to meet with the two store managers and worked out details. Had a good chance to talk about myself and what I am looking for. A very good company that wants to find wholesome employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

There will be three round of Interviews. First one will be in a group consisting anywhere from 15-35 people. They will ask questions about you but focus will be on the customer satisfaction questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went beyond usual to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cerritos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This is for ROUND TWO of the Genius interview process:

I showed up about 15 minutes early, checked in w/ someone in the front room that I was there for my follow up interview and was told the wait. The manager came out 25 minutes later (10 minutes late for my appointment). We left the store and sat at a table in the mall. She was very friendly, but a bit more casual than I was expecting. So casual, in fact, that after chatting for about two minutes, someone walked by our table that recognized her, she stood up, and they chatted for a few minutes, leaving me sitting there awkwardly listening to their conversation. It was standard interview questions, mostly personal, and nothing really technical. The woman that interviewed me was nice, but apparently I wasn't what they were looking for so I didn't get an offer. It was really disappointing because I was pretty pumped after getting through the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to accommodate a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You are invited to a group interview, then to a one to one interview over the phone with a Jr Manager and then with the team leader of your area, finally with the store manager who makes the final decision.

The first one to one interview was at a Starbucks which seems to be a preferred place for almost anything.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to experience and what would you do if, common sense stuff that you should be able to answer if you have any experience in retail or a customer facing position. Support questions are also asked but they don't weight as heavy as the customer experience questions.

Almost no one gets hired direct as a Genius and you have a much better chance if someone who already works there recommends you.   Answer Question