Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Arlington, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

Apple takes it's sweet time with the interview process. I applied online and heard from them probably a month later. I applied as a Genius as I've been using Macs for 15 plus years. They instead hired me as a Mac Specialist. THe first contact was a regional interview over the phone followed by an overt he phone test for the genius openin. I was then recommended down to the retail level where I was interviewed in person and several days later they got back to me with an offer. Two days of 8 hour training with all the other new hires at a local hotel. (paid $8 for training then $10 at my regular rate).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much negotiation unless its another title you are going for in terms of pay. They know how much they are going to pay you based on the market they are in. For example in Richmond, VA they offered a few dollars less considering the lower cost of living than DC. Fun company to work for more than anything they are looking for customer service, their attitudes is they will train you. They like to think they are customers friends and not sales people. They want you to "Attach" products to the sale not up sell. For example a Student might need Microsoft office with his new MacBook. I rate it neutral because it's very clear that they want you to fit them not the other way around. They are going to do things their way. And if they weren't fun and nice people they could otherwise be creepy. It's the culture. They want good personality.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first part of of the process is to be selected for a hiring event, where they bring in about 30-ish people. Current employees sit with a group of applicants, and you just converse with them. If you move on the the second round, they do a group interview. It's very laid-back, and it relieves the pressure off of you individually. If you don't know what to answer, you have time to come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe some way you use technology in your personal hobbies or passions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was a lengthy multiple person interview. Seemed over the top, but once hired and seeing the personalities you work with made it understandable. Apple is known for its diversity and alternative appeal. Though it may look like the classic cliche hipster, you will discover that vibe may be there but subdued by the more beautiful diverse community at work together.

Interview Questions

• Describe in your previous job a highly stressful situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

They asked me some easy and some fairly tough questions about how to troubleshoot all sorts of apple devices. Some were very outlandish. It helps to be very creative. Make sure to prep before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview included several other candidates in a conference room with a store manager. I thought that was a bit odd and different. It was funny because you could tell that candidates would be like "Oh, that's a great answer from that person. I'll use that same answer but change it just enough to make it sound original'. Interviewer was nice enough asking some basic questions specifically how we would resolve situations in the context of Apple Genius. It was a diverse group and interview lasted about an 90 minutes.

The second interview was a regional person and it was a 1 on 1 type and it pretty much was a rehash of questions from the first interview. Really, a waste of time. Interviewer was nice enough but I could tell he'd been through quite a few interviews and he was ready to go. He was nice enough but thought it was a bit rude. After all, I spend time preparing, traveling and speaking with the person. That deserves respect. He told me he would call me in a week or so to give me an update. 10 days past and I heard nothing. I finally heard from him about a week later and he told me I got the job, but there is a delay in hiring. I was eventually told that there is a long-term delay (months)l in actual hiring and they will call me when it happens. Shocked to say the least. A complete waste of time and money.

Interview Questions

• What interest you to working at Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Alexandria, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through apples website via my Apple ID. Literally 25 minutes late received an email invitation to the hiring event on Sunday. I was asked to verify through the email. I of course verified and showed up the the Apple Store. They started clapping and whistling as soon as you walk in. It was a group of about 27 individuals. They sat us down in front of an iMac and they went on to introduce themselves and what the apple brand family is. There were three videos in total. After each video we were asked our thoughts. Later we were broken down into smaller groups where they pass around an iPad with rounds of questions. Each person answers one question that pops up and then passes it to the next person. Once that is done they pass around documents to see when your availability is and what position you are applying for. The bring you all back to the iMac station to see if you have any questions. They end it by saying that if you receive a phone call from a number you don't know you may want to pick it up. I received a phone call for a second interview immediately the next morning. The second interview was four people with a manager and lasted an hour. They ask you to share some about yourself and why Apple. Then when it's over they tell you to wait for another call for another interview or if you get an email they did not want you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to it, what did you do and how did you fix it.

Name a time when you showed too much compassion and it ended up badly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (South Bend, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

Went to Apple Store, watched presentation on the company, did some roleplaying exercises as customer/employee, answered questions in group format. This was an interesting experience, and one of two similar interviews that I did. Soon after this Apple Store opened in the mall. Had a little trouble gaining access, as the interview session was scheduled after the mall closed, but it all worked out well.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Super laid back and mostly focuses on personality, rather than skill. 3 rounds of interviews are done, each goes higher up the management chain, but never really 1 on 1. Each interview includes at least one other candidate to see how you bounce off of each other.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a friend who came with you with a problem about another friend one of your friends that may end up causing tension between any one of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview, asked about myself and my experience. The interview did not take long, I was in and out in a half hour. The interviewer was nice. He greeted me warmly and ended with a hand shake. 50 word minimum in this review for this review.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Danbury, CT).

Interview

I had my first interview at the store with the assistant manager and it went really well. They asked me about my experience and why I would want to work for Apple which lasted about ten minutes. I was then asked to come back for a second interview at the end of the interview. My second interview was with the store manager and it went pretty well. I was asked some technical questions and some role playing questions. I was turned down even for a Specialist position because I did not currently own a Mac. They said for me to get a Mac and know it really well and then try again.

Interview Questions

• What is a computer?   1 Answer
    • Explain what RAM is to a five year old.   1 Answer