Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Apple

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 225 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I interviewed at Apple (Canada)

Interview

Relatively easy process. Had to confirm an interview time online and the interview was done over the phone. Asked standard retail/customer service/behaviour questions. Got a follow up email a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • What is one of your strengths?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Um...there’s so much to say about apple, honestly. The only company I know that’ll take you through a series of interviews, keep you anxious, & have you anticipating their responses for days (or in some cases weeks), just to reject you or say nothing at all when it’s all said and done. Excitement turned sour, quick. Whoever came up with their interview process was the least bit considerate of the applicants time. Im pretty sure I can speak for the vast majority of people that apply & dont get hired when I say I’d prefer a fast no, rather than a slow, highly anticipated one (or in my case, no response at all). I’m sure Apple is a great company to work for (hence, why I applied) but Apple sucks for their interviewing process. Don’t be quick to get your hopes high just because you make it another round, it can be a no at any time they decide it’s a no. I was 3 interviews in & stopped hearing from them all together.

Interview Questions
  • Just scroll down through the responses on glassdoor. They are accurate in the questions posted. All customer scenario based.
  • Why Apple?
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

I got a call from a hiring representative that they wanted to interview me. I was interviewed and I got a call back a week later. I ended up doing a group interview that was great!

Interview Questions
  • What is a interest of mine? Name a time I had to deal with a difficult customer
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

3 rounds. First a group interview with someone at Apple HQ, then a one-on-one with a store manager, and another one-on-one with the head of the same store. It was quite an intense interview process for a retail job. The last 2 interviews happened on the same day, with a 4 hour gap in between.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult feedback you've ever received in a job?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (United States) in Oct 2019

Interview

I got an email for a group interview on a Saturday. Luckily, I was the only one who showed up. I was told that I'd revieve an email on Tuesday but I never did--so I thiught I didnt get the job. I got a call from the manager two weeks later offering me the positio

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you did something nice for someone without expecting anything in return
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Manchester, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview was an extremely long process - takes up a lot of your time! If you want to find a retail job quick, don't bother coming here because Apple have so many stages which don't even get you a job there until the final final stage. Anyway, I got to the final final stage and thought it went really well - they emailed to say they were going ahead with other applicants... Yet, they continued interviewing other candidates for FIRST stage. And it wasted a lot of my time, although I have worked as an assistant manager at Selfridges and had lots of work experience. 2 weeks later, they decided to call me and actually ask me to reconsider working for them - clearly realised they lost a good person... I said I would get back to them as I had to think about it - I left it 2 days and called back to reach the manager, she was unavailable so I asked to leave a message and an email ... 5 days later, no response, I called back again, she was apparently unavailable again, I asked AGAIN to leave a message and email to get a response ... it has now been a further 8 days and I still haven't received any call or message!! So all around waste of my time, interview, getting declined and then getting a job offer, and then no response. Ridiculous!

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had deadlines to meet in a job and how did you complete them
  • Tell us about a time where you exceeded a customer's expectations and went above and beyond
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (United States)

Interview

Phone call. In store group interview. Call back from in store manager. Scheduled on side interview with area manager. Still waiting to goto on site interview. Will report back with more information. Really hoping I get the job.

Interview Questions
Apple
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied for them August 30 and a few days later received a link to confirm a time for a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well and that was the false impression I was given. Was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager and that I seemed like the perfect fit because they were hiring for evenings and that’s what my availability looked like. Unfortunately didn’t get any job offer even though I was told by someone that I was the “perfect” fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (United States)

Interview

I applied to two positions with Apple a month before they reached out to me. I received an email that requested a phone interview and gave me a link to set up times and dates. After you choose a time and date, a confirmation email is sent with some tips to help you for an interview. Please keep in mind the phone times are in mid eastern time so you aren’t caught off guard. I got called 30 mins earlier than I thought I would. The interviewer was nice and started the conversation elaborating on what they are looking for and if you are still interested after telling you. After that she just asked a couple of questions to get to know you and your personality. “Tell me about yourself?” “Why Apple?” “Tell me a time when you had to initiate an idea that had never been done before and how did you go about it.” Once the phone interview was over I was invited to a Hiring event and had to schedule the day and time on the phone with her. Once that is confirmed, a second email confirmation is sent for the hiring event with more tips to be successful. At the hiring event my group was particularly small (only 3 people including me) and we were asked basically the same questions. The People Manager started off our interview letting us know they are trying to streamline the hiring process but also let us know it’s not usually fast. She asked us Why Apple? Tell me about yourself ? What’s your favorite apple product? After we answered those questions, the store manager came to sit with us to ask the same questions. They were all pretty nice and we got to talk and ask questions. I’m still waiting on the confirmation if I am due for another interview or not.

Interview Questions
Apple
Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Valparaiso, IN) in Aug 2019

Interview

I went and applied online and received an e-mail for a phone interview about a week later. We talked for about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very easy to talk with. Said I would hear something by email in the next 24-48 hours by email about next step in the process

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time I had to turn a negative customer experience into a positive one
  • Describe a time when leadership had to help out with a difficult experience and how did I respond to them.
  • Why did I apply at Apple
Viewing 1 - 10 of 225