Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

189 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted profile online and surprisingly got a call from the hiring manager about two weeks later. Scheduled a time to come in for a hiring event. I was there with 3 other people. We passed around an iPad and answered questions. Got a call to come in for a second interview two days later. Second interview was the same with a store leader and two other people, one from previous group. We were asked typical interview questions. Next day, got a call for third interview which was basically a group conversation with a couple different people. Very next day I got a call with a job offer contingent upon background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone and was able to work with them effectively afterwards.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Create energy and excitement around Apple product. Interview view us in a groups of 6 I believe. Bring in our resume and name with everything. You have to be outstanding asking question and etc

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2017.

Interview

To be continued...

For the last interview, I didn't hear back from the team until the last minute. I was kind of anxious about it and I visited the store by myself just hours before 6PM. The first manager met me and told me they were almost trying to contact with me. I talked to him and we set up a time for my forth interview. I met the forth person who was the store leader and we had another good talk. I think I was kind of tired about the interviews and I feel that I was not as good as the former ones when I met the forth person. But luckily I passed the interview and he basically asked me the similar questions that other managers asked me before.

My tips are: be prepared and practice your thoughts and language before interviews. I had some mock interviews with my friends and these processes make me excited and confident about my ideas and speaking. Because English is not my native language and I am a graduate just out school, I wrote down my ideas and researched on Glassdoor and then prepared even more than others. Show your passion about interacting with people and the genuine aspects of yourself and you will be good. It turned out they provided a long term job as a specialist to start with. They gave me the offer by phone on 12th in 11/2017 and I will start my life at Apple tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX).

Interview

Total of 5 interviews for me. Interviews weren't there to beat you up, just to learn if you are there for the right reasons. They ask you what you like to do, how important work life balance is for you, and why you want to work for a company like apple.

Interview Questions

• If you couldn't work at apple, what other job would you work at.   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple in August 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy to fill out an application online and I got an email a couple of days later for an open interview. They tell you to bring just your resume, but I would also bring pen and paper. Since it was an open interview, there were 2 other applicants present. We took turns going around and telling a bit about ourselves. Then, the interviewer asked each of us a series of questions, that's where pen and paper would have come in handy. The questions were easy, i.e. Tell me of a time you had to solve the same problem twice. It's nice to have pen and paper to make sure your answering all questions fully in each problem and to formulate your answers so you're not saying "um" too much. I got the call for a second interview so I'll let you know how that one goes soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to reassure a teammate, and how did it turn out   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to do a project that you did not know how to do   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got a reluctant customer to trust you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a total of three interviews for me. I applied in August and got an email at the end of September for the opportunity for my first interview. The first interview was me and one other person sitting in front of two managers. The person next to me was not interviewing for the same position, so there was no worry about trying to beat them at the interview process or anything like that. The managers were friendly and outgoing. All of the questions were more personal and not so much related to any normal interview question I had ever had at different interviews. The biggest question was what is your passion? Apple wants to get to know who you are as a person and what you are passionate about. So be honest and don’t try and answer it as a normal interview question such as “ I love helping customers!” Yeah right... tell them what you love and why you love it and how Apple maybe has made doing what you love easier! Other questions were “How have you helped a friend in need.” “What was a time you had to deal with an upset Customer and how did you deal with it?” I was told the interviewing process could take a while and sometimes you might not hear back for weeks or months and to not get discouraged. I will say the person I interviewed with had very calculated boring answers with little personality. I don’t know if they got the job they were interviewing for, but I will say I could tell the managers were bored with their answers and looked more interested in mine. Be yourself.

After my first interview before I was even half way home I received a call asking if I would do a second interview and that the previous managers were highly impressed with me. This second interview would be held over the phone with a manager from a different store. I accepted and my interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview went well and the questions were again, based on getting to know me as a person. If they ask you if you have any questions ask some! Ask what is next in the process and what you should expect to happen. Asking questions is good but probably leave out pay and hour questions for now.

Either later that day or the next day I got another call inviting me to a third and final interview. I accepted. This was the last step in the interview process (which of you’ve made this far it is not a no, you got the job but maybe not right now. It depends on the needs of the store and where you will fit in best based on your personality.) and it consisted of me and two other candidates who spoke in a group interview with the market manager taking turns answering questions. He asked questions getting to know us as people and said, “we can teach you about our products, but we can’t teach you to be an outgoing, interesting person and this is why we ask these questions and why we do so many interviews to find the perfect people who will fit well in our team.”

After this interview I received a call the same day with a job offer. The offer was part time and paid well but not as much as my current job so I had to turn them down. They insisted that I let them see what they could do to make the offer better. They worked with me and not only offered more money, but moved me to a part of the store where I could get more hours to compensate for the lack of true full time hours. Over all, I have never been so impressed by a company and their willingness to find the absolute best people for their team, and their level of dedication it takes to get those people in their store and their willingness to do whatever it took to make sure I accepted the job. I am excited to start my new job, and if the interview process is any indication of what it will be like to work there, I think I am going to love my new job.

Interview Questions

• What are your passions? What are you most passionate about?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a friend that needed your help? What did you do to help them?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been given feedback good or bad that you were not expecting? How did you handle it? What did you do to emotive if t was negative?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Interview

My interview process was very different from most. I received a call last week to attend an interview today. From reading a lot of other interviews I was expecting to go to a hiring event type of interview. I got there 30 minutes early, spoke with a specialist and told them I was there for an interview. He went to the back and then came back and told me my interviewer would be out shortly... no big deal. I watched how others interacted with customers and even watched an Apple training class. At 2pm my interviewer came out and greeted me. He took me outside the store to some seats that were in the mall (right across from the store) he started asking me questions about my passion and my likes and dislikes. The interview with him was like 10 minutes. He liked my interview a lot so he asked me to wait right there for another level manager to come out and talk to me. He left and then another manager came out and talked to me. Interview with this gentlemen roasted about 20-25 minutes. He basically asked the same questions the first manager asked me. After interviewing with him he told me I would hear back about a third interview. I leave the interview and less than an hour later I received the phone call for the third interview... I'm really excited because this just might be the interview that determines if I am hired or not. Overall I think I got the job

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very intense yet relaxing process. Got email to attend hiring event. 5 people present. Basic customer service questions. Keep in mind Apple does not care what knowledge you already have abut products or services they offer. They can teach you all that. They wanna know how you interact with others and what type of person you are. Later that evening I got a call for a phone interview the next morning. That interview was with store manager. And to make long story short, there were 4 interviews total. All very relaxing asking about experience and your hobbies. After the third interview, i was sent a email to start background check. I had my job offer Thursday of the same week and start date was a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evesham, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Evesham, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Was in a interview with one other person and we sat at the front of the store in stools. She asked us questions where we told stories from three different categories (technology, customer service, teamwork).

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite apple product and why   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got to the second round of interviews and unfortunately didn't make it to the third. It was a very conversation-like group interview with four other individuals. We met at a non-apple location where they have their smaller office in a conference room. We went around and introduced ourselves and the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you had to make an administrative decision and what was the outcome.   3 Answers