Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very intense yet relaxing process. Got email to attend hiring event. 5 people present. Basic customer service questions. Keep in mind Apple does not care what knowledge you already have abut products or services they offer. They can teach you all that. They wanna know how you interact with others and what type of person you are. Later that evening I got a call for a phone interview the next morning. That interview was with store manager. And to make long story short, there were 4 interviews total. All very relaxing asking about experience and your hobbies. After the third interview, i was sent a email to start background check. I had my job offer Thursday of the same week and start date was a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got to the second round of interviews and unfortunately didn't make it to the third. It was a very conversation-like group interview with four other individuals. We met at a non-apple location where they have their smaller office in a conference room. We went around and introduced ourselves and the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you had to make an administrative decision and what was the outcome.   2 Answers

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Attended a hiring event 4 weeks ago with a group of 20 people. As most of the candidates posted on this website, they start with an ice breaker and introduction. We were asked to name our favorite App. I think the whole process is the stand out and pay attention to what your fellow candidates are saying. They played different videos that talk about the varied roles Apple has to offer in their retail stores. A lot of the same people raised their hands to answer questions after viewing each video. I personally did not do this, but any time somebody spoke I would give them undivided attention and not look distracted. We were divided up into smaller groups of 5 and passed around an iPad with several questions that we could chose from. Making eye contact while answering these questions is key. If the managers liked your answers, they would follow it up with other questions to find out more. I felt the hiring event went very well and each candidate was given adequate time to answer their questions. Do not hog all the managers time. A week later I received a phone call for my first real interview with a manager. The interview was very laid back. I felt like a friend was asking me about my current job, so my answers were really detailed and natural. One week later I was called to schedule a second interview with another manager. This interview pretty much mirrored the first. One question was even the same. Again, they are really laid back so just feed off of that same energy and you will be fine. This second interview went so well that I was asked to hang around for my third interview with the store manager (45 mins after). This was more of a meeting were we talked about company expectations. We talked about Full time vs part time and flexibility. At the end of my meeting I scheduled my 4th and final interview with the area manager. This interview was over the phone and again was very much about personality and talking about your background and how it fits well with Apple. I immediately was sent an email request for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt something was unfair towards you. What was the outcome?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

In my group there were 5 of us including myself, we passed around an iPad that had questions we could choose from. The manager was really cool and super easy to talk to and then told us that there wasn't a position even available at the time but we would be considered in the future when there was an opening. We were all kind of confused by that but he told us not to worry and then explained that it took him over 5 interviews to get a job. Overall it was okay but I wish they wouldn't have wasted our time and only conducted an interview if there was an actual position available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Received a phone interview to work at the San Francisco location for an initial screening to see if I would be a good fit but unfortunately I didn't make it past this round.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online. I got invited to a hiring event which was different than most retail jobs. About a week later I received an email invitation to meet with a store manager for another interview. This interview was very laid back and lasted about 45min. Two days later I received a phone call saying I didn't get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Hingham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted a few days later asking for my availability to meet with the "hiring manager" I met with her, we sat outside the store and just chatted. It went well, and she said I would be hearing soon about a meeting with the "senior manager" - I guess the hiring manager isn't really the hiring manager after all.

Day goes by and I get an email asking for my availability to meet with "senior" I meet him at the store, and we walk into the Barnes and Noble near by and sit in their cafe. It's a very relaxed interview, just chatting, and at one point he says "I already know I want to move you on to the next steps at this point" which he says is meeting with the "store leader" and the local what I will call district manager.

A day goes by and I get an email inquiring again about availability, I say any time will work. Two days go by and I hear nothing, so I email back, they thank me for checking in and I meet with the "store leader". We sit on some cubes in the back of the store, have what I think is a another really easy going good chat, she says it was great to meet you, we shake hands and I leave.

This morning I get a very generic rejection email. I can't say where it went wrong, but so be it. I was looking for a part time job, and I sensed they wanted people to start part time and then realize how amazing Apple is and stay in retail the rest of their lives. Which is fine for some, but not my goal. So I have to say our long term plans didn't mesh would probably be the ultimate reason.

I will say that three interviews for a retail job seems a bit excessive, and if someone gives you that much time, a form letter is rather impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Different from other interviews. There was a group exercise where you have to introduce the person sitting next to you and convince the managers that they should hire them. This is spoken in front of roughly 50 people. Then there was a group scenario activity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3+ weeks. Lots of interviews with different managers and leaders, mostly to see if my personality with fit in with that of team already working there. Interviews can seem intimating but just be yourself, be genuine and don't try to oversell yourself too much. Knowledge of products helps of course but they are not looking for an expert on everything Apple, they can always teach you that, but they can't teach you how to be nice to people or how to have a normal conversation. So just make sure if you want to apply, that Apple is the place for you. All in all it was a fun experience and you learn a lot about Apple through all those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      What products are you familiar with?
      What are your passions?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Went through the group interview than was called back the same day. Went through 4 interviews in total. The more interviews you go through the chances you have to be hired. I was great overall but it was a lot of interviews.