Apple Applecare At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Applecare At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward.
The first interview was a 20 minute phone call with a recruiter that asked the standard interview questions.
The second interview was also 20 minutes but was done via Skype.
Admittedly I had never done a Skype interview so the experience was interesting. Aside from a few technical glitches on both the interviewer’s end and mine everything was simple.

Interview Questions

• Truthfully none of the questions were really very difficult. The most important thing here is to make sure that your customer service is high. It's more important to be friendly than to be technical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview

Two days after submitting an application online I received a phone call from a recruiter at Apple to complete an initial screening to see if I would be a good candidate. THe recruiter was friendly and relaxed. She asked me a few basic technical questions, but was more interested in my customer service ability.

Following this screening, she referred me to the next round of interviews which was conducted over FaceTime. Again, this recruiter was friendly and relaxed. She asked me to explain my understanding of the position and relate my experience in human services to this role. I emphasized empathy and quality customer service thought the interview. Again several basic technical questions were asked such as how to assist a customer in taking their phone out of airplane mode and POP v. IMAP servers for someone who wanted to sync email between an iPhone and iPad. This recruiter has referred me on to a third and final round of interviews, this one also to take place over FaceTime.

I am awaiting my third interview.

Interview Questions

• What email server would you recommend to a customer who wanted to sync their email accounts between their iPhone and their iPad?   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, one month later was contacted by a recruiter. She asked a few technical questions, and a few customer service questions. Then she said I would receive a second interview. A week later I had my second interview. It did not go as smoothly as I felt like I was being rushed through. I somehow made it through that interview and was given a third. The third interview was much more laid back. The Team Leader and I talked quite a bit before hand, and I felt quite at ease. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What annoys you most about other people, and how do you deal with it.   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Started out in a room full of people, but the interviews were one on one. It was very lax. The guy who interviewed me made me feel very related, although I found out later he was actually a big wig in the company and was interviewing me because they were short staffed. He asked me questions about me as a person..not so much about what I know about computers. More than likely because he could tell I knew some things. I had to wait to hear from them by e-mail. It was a nerve wracking wait. No drug test. No background test, however I did have to sign consent I would not create any content while working for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

After phone interview, you will receive a FaceTime interview which will reveal aptitude for troubleshooting. (If someone had a printer issue, what steps would you take?- that kinda thing.) Then you will receive an iMac and phone w/ headsets if you are hired and will be virtually trained for the next month. (in 2.5 years, I have met IN PERSON, 4 people that I work with, and there are thousands of AHA employees.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared to show them your process in isolating issues to quickly come to a resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to bargain with...

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday morning, got a call THAT afternoon. Was invited for a second interview, which was scheduled for the next Monday. That was a FT interview with a second recruiter, and I learned via an email message the next day that I would be moving on to the 3rd interview. Hoorah! The message included a link to schedule the 3rd,with interview opportunities as soon as two days from them - the next Thursday. But - I was going to be out of the country starting that day and for the next week and a half. I emailed the recruiters involved explaining the situation, and eventually got a message from a higher up that said, basically 'safe travels, we'll do this when you get back.' So then I am indeed out of the country and one day start to see a series of missed calls from CA. Then I answer a call - it's the second recruiter asking if I am still interested in the position? I explained yes, but I thought everyone was clear that I was unavailable until the next week? That night, after another round of messaging with the 'safe travels' recruiter, I was finally told that I was confirmed for a 3rd interview the Monday following my return at 10AM EST (although all other interviews are scheduled for CST?). That day came and went with no call. Huh? I messaged everyone involved about a possible mix up in the time? Heard back from exactly NO one - zero. So, I went back to the message with the link to schedule your own 3rd interview and found that, indeed, I cold still do that, and I set up one for the next day. That time came, and I did get the FT interview. Alas, two days later, I got the dreaded email message that they had decided to move on with 'other candidates'. Crash! My wife thinks I should have tried to schedule the 3rd while we were out of the country and that I lost momentum by putting it off. In retrospect, I think she may be right. That whole 'confirmed 3rd interview at 10 AM EST' with the subsequent no interview was very strange. I have re-applied twice, and have heard nothing back. Oh well. Time to move on.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Bluetooth and Wireless. I stumbled over that one....   2 Answers

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied on-line. Less than a week later, I received a phone call from a friendly gal asking me a few questions:
    1. A customer calls because they were out for a walk and fell and dropped their phone. How do you respond?

2. What is your CPU and what does it do?

3. My phone needs reset what do i do?

Moved me forward to the second interview: (Video Chat)

1. I'm on my honeymoon and we got an ipad for our wedding gift and I dropped it and it shattered.

2. Tell me about a time in your previous employment that you had to deal with a difficult situation with your co workers and how you resolved it.

3. What is RAM?

4. Why Apple?

Moved onto the third interview which is pending..

Best I can say is BE EMPATHETIC! Apple centers their product around excellent customer care.. which is just that. CARE about the customer.

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Asheville, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call back from a recruiter with very basic questions and a vague description of the position, this person set up my first interview. The 2nd and 3rd interviews were done via FaceTime (skype is an option). They thoroughly explain the position and expectations before asking you questions. The questions mostly surround dealing with customers, how you deal with problems, with teammates and a tech question or two (mine were about email and iPhone experience.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've failed.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker or supervisor.   1 Answer
    • Describe the types of email and which you'd recommend.   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer
    • What expectations do you have from us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me part time at first and I explained that I was cringing at declining but that I desperately needed full time. I explained that Apple was my dream company but I had to have full time. They called back the next day with a full time offer.

I requested an additional $0.50 an hour and got it, but there was really no haggling. I wasn't unreasonably high but definitely pushed the salary cap - but I also have 10 years customer service behind me, 6 of which were with cell service providers.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Over FaceTime or Skype I was interviewed 3 times by 3 different managers.It was fun, not stuffy or stressful, at least they were going for that type of style. Very big on Customer Service & willingness to try new things.

Interview Questions

• Do you think working at home will be hard to keep yourself on track and motivated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their college program and scheduled a webcam interview time. It's scheduled to be an hour long and that's how long it went, but the whole thing was pretty relaxed and the fellow that interviewed me was friendly. We told each other about ourselves/hobbies/why and he talked about the position and asked me some general questions about work experience, what makes good/bad customer service, experiences surrounding being on either end of such a situation and my technical prowess. He opened up the last 15 or so minutes for me to ask any questions of my own, so I recommend having some ready.

I've never owned an Apple product, and in this first interview he didn't quiz me on any specific products/what one ought to do in the event of x, but I suppose that may come in potential followup interviews. Interview was 11/10/15, he said they would inform by 11/20 if I would receive another interview, and Apple is very good about communicating with prospective employees in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an example of when you overcame a technological problem?
      Q: What challenges do you think might potentially present themselves from working in your home?
      Q: In what ways have you shown/received exceptional customer service?
      Q: How do you manage space on your phone so that you don't reach capacity?   Answer Question