Apple Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that found my information via LinkedIn.

1st Interview was a phone interview and then a follow up interview with a group in a local hotel. I was contacted by a recruiter and said I would be contacted for a 3rd interview with a local store manager within the next 48 hours. 3 weeks later, I called the recruiter and never received a phone call back, a week later, the local store manager called me and scheduled an interview almost 2 weeks later. I thought that was strange. But, I thought I would still go. i show up for the interview and from the beginning the manager acted like he wanted to be doing something else. Every time I looked at the interviewer, he was waving at people and looking around. After speaking for an hour, I asked what the next step would be and he stated, I have no idea, I do not even know why I am talking to you. I was taken back by this and since I have a vary extensive background in retail and proven track record in management, I was surprised to hear someone be so unprofessional. Two days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not have a match for me with the company at this time and I should spend some more time in some of their stores.

I have always been a huge supporter of Apple and I was excited about the opportunity to work for the company. I own several of Apple's products and I have sold Apple products for years.

After this experience, I would never buy a single thing from Apple or support their company at all. You would never treat a customer like this, why would you treat a potential employee like this? The arrogance of this company is beyond belief and I can not see why anyone would go through this to work for a company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The first part of the interview for the store leader position takes place over the phone. In this stage Apple wants to know about you and off you fit the position. If you get past the phone screen Apple will fly you out to one of their regional hiring centers for a conference. In this conference there will be about 50 other people who are also there for the job. Apple will separate you in to groups to see how you work together/ lead through different challanges they will give you. After this is done Apple gives you a break for about an hour then you will be called in for an individual panel interview with 2-3 people.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on recent technological trends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Group interview with market leader and flagship leaders. Two separate rooms. 4 people in each room. Dress casual smart. I don't think you need a tie or anything. You get one to few questions each leader.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to resolve a conflict?
      Name a time you turned a underperforming employee to a really engaged employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks I received an email asking if I could attend a an employment seminar and I accepted. I arrived early in a button down shirt and dress pants, others wore anything from a flannel and jeans to a suit 22 candidates total. We were taken to the food court where we mad our own name tags and were watched by several of the personnel 4.

We were then lead back to the store, everyones claps at your arrival. You take a stool, each Apple employee is introduced, and you listen to a presentation. Then you watch a movie about Apple. Next, you are asked to break into pairs. In pairs, you are tasked to interview each other, then asked to present each other in front of everyone. At this time about 15 Apple employees are watching and writing information on clipboards. After you listen to more presentation and watch more about Apple. Next you are asked questions about Apple as a group anyone can answer, I answered several myself.

Now you are split into groups or 4 or 5 and they count i out so you are not with someone you were sitting close to. Each of these groups have two apple employees to coach and watch. Each person is asked to pull a question out of a hat. They are regular interview questions... what did you do when... How did you handle this... Then your group is given a packet of information. It contains a short bio and product information. You are first tasked with developing three leading questions to ask the person in the bio. Next, based on those questions you all work together to meet that customers needs. Then you present your findings. Some groups did skits where someone pretended to be the employee and other the customer. Some people did a standard presentation. At this time the Apple employees are still writing information about each person.

After all presentations are finished you return to your seats and are given to ask the Apple employees questions. Make sure you ask some. Then you are given a formal document to fill out to select the jobs you are interested in, hours of availability, starting date. You are then given the opportunity to socialize with the employees.

I was email two days later for a second interview. I told the I was available and I was asked to come in a speak with a specific manager. When I arrived, I was told he had left for the day, but I overheard him introduce himself to another candidate he was interviewing while I was waiting and browsing the store. I was then led by two other managers out to an area to interview with them. The interview lasted just over an hour and consisted of regular interview questions with each person writing down information and asking follow up questions when they saw fit. After the interview, which seemed to go very well, the apple employees continued to speak with me as we disbursed. I wore dress pants and shirt with a sport coat.

After a week I received an email stating they were not interested from the original manager that contacted me, who I never had the opportunity to meet. I was surprised and dumbfounded because all interviews went good and the employees seemed to really like me.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when someone belittled you to the point of anger and how did you react?   1 Answer
    • Name a situation where you gave exceptional customer service.
      Would you ever break policy?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially a recruiter for Apple contacted me after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. Advised that Apple needed to move quickly on a newly created position. Almost 3 mos before first 1:1 interview. Strange interviews - advised it was all about "the fit". Questions were met with vague responses.