Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Very positive experience and also thought at same time for someone with ample experience with the job experience. The interview can feel award if you aren't able to relate to what they are looking for. My past jobs prepared me well I think and also as a knowing a little how they work from other experience. The process is fairly long it feels like forever but only lasted about 4 weeks. Can't wait to start and get immersed in the job to really know how it all works.

Interview Questions

• What was a instance where you were given praise by your boss/supervisor?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. It's Apple and I am happy to have the opportunity.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Advisor At Home Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in June 2012.

Interview

The first phone interview was very pleasant. Did a facetime interview and discovered they wouldn't hire me unless I gave up my business even though I did not do what they do and was very slow at the time. After 11 years, I don't think so! I only wanted to supplement, not compete.
      Did NOT introduce herself, was unprofessional and confrontational. Asked for tax returns!!! I don't think so! I did complain about the interview & she called back under a blocked #. Also facetimed me with a yahoo address. I am wondering about this whole thing!! Be careful!

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to face interview with recruiter, Panel Interview with team lead and manager. Received background contingent offer about a week and a half later. Background check came back after exactly 1 week, received official offer the next day. I cannot stress enough that they want to see empathy as everyone else has said.

Interview Questions

• I can't hear the video on my iPad, can you help me?   14 Answers

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied on 10 Nov 2016, 3 interviews so far. 1st via phone call, 2nd via HireVue (both technical and general questions), 3rd via Skype. Time period between the interviews were really short, however after the last one, I have not heard anything till today. Waiting for the offer though, I hope I will get one!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

A phone interview and then a face to face via FaceTime. The phone interview was very short. The FaceTime was about 45 minutes to an hour. The goal of the phone interview is to discover how much you know about using their products.

Interview Questions

• How do you delete apps from an iPhone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Clarksburg, WV) in June 2015.

Interview

Prescreen, two Skype interviews. They want to get a feel for how you interact and connect with people, being that they do not offer a script like some call centers require they want to make sure you have the ability to put a customer at ease, assist them and truly care about their customers and getting a resolution for them

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good choice for our company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a facetime call and asked questions on how familar you are with apple products. Also they asked about you college career and how long you are going to be in college. In other words do you use apple products or are you familar with them at least.

Interview Questions

• Asked what would be the hardest thing for you to focus on while working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Waco, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

To begin, I applied online for the AppleCare At Home Advisor position and was contacted 6 days later by an Apple recruiter. She was exceptionally kind and sent me a short questionnaire asking me to respond with my name, phone number, university, GPA, unofficial transcript, and current class schedule. Two or three hours after responding I was called by the same recruiter, and we briefly discussed and confirmed the information I had emailed to her. I got the sense that this brief 5 minute call was just to make sure I was a normal person who could answer a phone and answer questions easily. At the end of the call she told me that I would be getting an email shortly with information regarding the next step. The next day I received that email which contained a link to schedule an interview time and a link to attend a virtual event that prepares you for the job and the interview. I was not able to attend the virtual event before my interview, but I signed up and attended it 5 or 6 days after.

Prior to the interview, I looked up everything about the interview, reviews, benefits, and inside information on GlassDoor. This helped me going into the interview know what they were looking for.

Now, about the interview itself. I set up my desk, plugged my MacBook into ethernet, and made sure there wasn't ambient noise in the background of FaceTime. I suggest setting up a FaceTime interview to demonstrate your use and love for Apple products immediately. If you have Skype on you computer but FaceTime on your phone, just Skype them then. Use whatever you have on your computer. The email said to be ready ~15 minutes prior to the interview time. The interview FaceTime video called me right on time. Here is the layout of what we discussed:

1) The Basics:
    Can you work these hours? Will you be able to start training at this time? Will you have this internet connection and ergonomic chair? Will you have a quiet atmosphere with a closed door? Do you know what this job is about?

2) Personal Questions:
    HOW DO YOU MANAGE YOUR TIME WITH ALL YOUR ACTIVITIES (IMPORTANT)? What is a specific time you had a commitment conflict and how did you handle that? How do you react when people are angry with Apple's products and you? How do you deal with stress? What challenges do you foresee working from home?

3) Role-Play Scenarios / Technical Questions:
    My computer is plugged in but won't turn on, what do I do? I dropped my iPad and the screen broke, and I am angry with Apple's product. Why is my iPhone battery dying so fast?

Don't feel pressured to answer right away - you can take a moment to think.
    For the time-management questions, think of specific times you had to balance commitments and what you did ahead of time. They want to see that you are resourceful and hard-working in those situations.
    For the role-play, just empathize with the customer (like everyone else on GlassDoor is saying) and try to communicate to them that you will try to help them and you are on their side.
    For the technical questions, just try the best you can thinking of what you can do to help them. Simple things like "try pressing and holding the hold button on the top of your phone" or "turn of you location services and background refresh to save battery" help show that you have some knowledge of Apple's products. However, they don't really expect you to know that much.

My interviewer was a nice guy, probably 29 years-old, and he was very understanding and easy-going. He communicated well with me and was not harsh or rude whatsoever. Even though I felt as if I was sort of stumbling through the interview, I still got the job.

Just be yourself and even if you feel awkward, and it will be ok! They have met with plenty of awkward people, and you are probably critiquing yourself more than they are even critiquing you.

Interview Questions

• When is a specific time that you had to balance commitments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a simple phone call telling me I got the job. However, after I applied to train in the winter and begin second semester, I registered for my spring classes and realized that I was not going to be able to attend training on Thursdays. The woman then quickly offered for me to start training in the summer and work the year starting after training. I gladly accepted that offer and she told me they would contact me before the summer training starts in an email with information about it.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT).

Interview

I submitted my initial application online and heard from a recruiter five days later. The first call was a preliminary interview that asked some basic questions regarding my experience and provided me with some information regarding the positions hours, start date, and salary. The recruiter advised me she was moving me on to a second more in depth Skype/Facetime interview for further consideration and set up a time on the call. The Skype interview was set for five days later and was approximately 20 minutes long. The interview consisted of some role play questions and basic customer service questions. At the end of the interview I was told that i was being recommended to the hiring manager for a third interview and to look for an email to confirm an interview date. I received the email the next day and scheduled the interview for the following day. Third interview was also via Skype but lasted approximately 50 minutes. Much more in depth, more role playing, a lot of customer focus questions, and some basic technical support questions. The very next day the recruiter called to tell me that I was moving forward and would receive an email to complete a background check. Background check email took three days to receive and nine days for the company to complete. Five days following the background check completion I received the call from apple with the official offer. The overall process was very laid back, though I was a bit nervous. Every employee I spoke with was incredibly friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or unexpected...customer focus is key in the interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, salary is region based.

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

i feel i should give back to this site, it really helped me get ready for my interviews with this employer,
    i started with search for the role on apple website itself, after applying, i filled a form which was a general form of gender, race and colour kind of form. over 2 days an apple recruiter contacted me, giving me details of the role and if i was still interested.
    the recruiter then asked me for complete a qualifying form, which asks u to test your internet connection and if u could get some appliances and work tools such as ergonomic chair and change your line number.
    after qualifying that round, an interview was setup with a company, it was a kind of virtual interview that u record your answers, basic question like
    what are main types of audio files?
    arrange the bytes from the highest to the lowest? they will give u options
    how do u troubleshoot an iphone with about 6 problems and give examples how you treat the customer or caller
     i focused on my strongest points which was on customer treatment since i wasnt an apple guru or a qualified technician.
     i would suggest always show empathy and compassion towards the customer. reassurance that u care about their queries and complaint.
    even if u don't know the answer straight away say ul troubleshoot from the apple support website and gain agreement with the customer before proceeding to the next step,
    after that there was a lot of emails to follow up, always follow up your interviews to know your progress, unless they ask you not to.
    after which a telephone interview with a hiring manager, a couple of technical questions, the person at the other end if the line was very knowledgeable and nice, basic questions were asked to make me comfortable, after which more technical and skill application questions asked. at this point the recruiter said i was going to get a background check to speed things along if i was hired but this doesnt mean i would get hired
    at the end of that i asked questions and i added i was eager to learn with strong emphasis, after which there was a skype interview with the team manager.
    a lot of tricky questions where asked, remain calm and take your time before giving an answer because everything u say is recorded.

To cut the story short? i did a lot of research and take time out to learn about the company,
    support your explanation with examples in real life situations where necessary

Good luck !

Interview Questions

• the first question why do u think customer service is important to apple   1 Answer

Negotiation

i dint bother negotiating