Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. That was followed by a video interview for an hour. At the end of the interview he said he would like to move me to a 2nd interview. A week later I had a 2nd video interview this time with 2 people for about 45 minutes. 9 days later Apple called with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• I'm having trouble moving pictures from my phone to the computer. Can you help me?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Bangor, ME) in July 2017.

Interview

Fill out online questionnaire and submit resume with it and/or get a employee referral, them do the submission. Get an auto email saying they've received your app. Wait 2-6 weeks or more and get email stating to contact them for interview. Some have been contacted by phone. Get instructions by email for HireVue online webcam interview from your laptop/computer. This interview was 15 min with a live Apple recruiter. Some get a 15min phone interview instead. Afterwards, you wait -again. 1-2 weeks for email saying you either go on to next interview that will be 45min-1 hr. or thanks, but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you leave your last job?
      2. What's customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

FaceTime interview at the on-campus Career Resource Center. I dressed up, but most others were in jeans and polos. Recruiters were moving applicants into small interview rooms that had other Interviewers connected to iPads through FaceTime.

Interview Questions

• Describe what great customer service looks like.   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Galway (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview with general questions surrounding the role itself and customer service/call centers. Proceeded to the final round interview completed over Skype with a lot of the same content from the first interview, with more situational questions and role-play questions testing my ability to deal with difficult/emotional customers, dealing with difficult problems, and general professionalism. Also part of this test was a technical exam consisting of 27 simple enough Apple product and general IT-related questions. Overall a very relaxed, easy process, with nice recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Skype Interview:
      For like the first 15 minutes we just talked about the role, and working at home etc
      Then I was asked how would I define good customer service
      After that, a few situational questions and role play questions;
      If I can't get my wifi to connect on my iPad what would you suggest
      If all my photos were deleted from my phone and I can't get them back how would you approach telling me that
      Tell me about a time you had to solve a technical problem
      Tell me how you would deal with difficult customers
      How do you remain motivated to work while working from home
      Show examples of when you had to work on your own initiative
      Have you any experience with Apple products
      Tell me about a time you got some negative feedback
      Tell me about a time you were stressed at work
      Why do you want to work in customer service, and why apple specifically

Technical Test:
      PoP3 vs. IMAP
      Name 3 types of Video/Audio/Sound files
      Explain Personal Hotspot
      Name 3 Plug-ins
      What are cookies
      Name 3 Internet Browsers/Operating Systems/Mobile Operating Systems
      What is RAM
      What is a network made up of
      3 things you would do to isolate the issue if;
      - someones internet was not working on their device
      - someone cannot send text messages
      - someone cannot send emails
      - Someones video call was not working
      Name 3 Apple computers
      Name 3 touchscreen apple products
      What are 3 features of iCloud   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to face interview with recruiter, Panel Interview with team lead and manager. Received background contingent offer about a week and a half later. Background check came back after exactly 1 week, received official offer the next day. I cannot stress enough that they want to see empathy as everyone else has said.

Interview Questions

• I can't hear the video on my iPad, can you help me?   14 Answers

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

The first call was mainly about the position and why I would want to work for Apple.
    The second interview via Skype. I was asked questions about my customer service and technical background and then did 1 role play. Was moved to next interview with team manager and that is today!

Interview Questions

• Customer can't sign into her icloud account. Please help.   5 Answers

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Customer service technique, typing speed,itune knowledge. Whether you mind working in public holiday, weekend and night shift. Why do you want to get this job? How do you know about the position? Your strength and weakness.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an annoying customer complaint.   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied on 10 Nov 2016, 3 interviews so far. 1st via phone call, 2nd via HireVue (both technical and general questions), 3rd via Skype. Time period between the interviews were really short, however after the last one, I have not heard anything till today. Waiting for the offer though, I hope I will get one!

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2016.

Interview

In order: Online application, 10 minute phone call, Online tech skills test, background verification, Skype Interview (30 minutes). (over all 4-5 weeks) and 1-2 weeks after interviews for final decision.

Apple is a great company and all recruiters I have interacted were really friendly and focused. They are looking for a problem solver, costumer oriented and helpful person. To get a glimpse, make a call to Apple Support and see how they work and understand what are they looking for...

Interview Questions

• 1. General questions:
      Why did you apply for this position? What do you expect from this position? Why apple? Are you familiar with tech products?
      2. Role play questions:
      How would you react to an angry customer?
      Tell about your previous experiences with customers or under a stressful situation.
      How do you monitor your success?
      What are the things most attracted you to apply at home jobs? What do you think will it be most difficult with the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at Home

Interviewing process took several months

First was a 5 minute phone call after submitting application online asking what is apple about and what I thought the job is about

The next was an hour long interview over Skype or Facetime with personal questions along with troubleshooting skills and roleplaying a call