Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview

I've two interviews so far; the first one, was by phone like one week after I did participate in a career fair online with them, and the other FaceTime, one week after the phone one. Both were really nice with me and I'm currently schedule for a manager interview the next week, this interview is going to be 45 minutes, the two first ones were 20.

This job is for at home advisor in Spanish, so some questions were in Spanish.

Interview Questions

• How do you reset and iPhone
    A customer drop her iMac, is not going on, she is late for her class and need her info, what do you said?
    What kind of email would you use and why?
    Roll play in the second interview
    Describe a day in my last job
    Describe a situation with a hard customer

Some questions were in Spanish and, I'm expecting the 3rd interview to be 80% Spanish 20%english.

I'm still waiting for the next interview.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Greenville, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through three interviews. One over the phone and the other two were over FaceTime. This took about three weeks. I then verified my resume info and submitted it to Hire Right for my background check. The entire process was very professional and everyone I spoke with was very positive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Role playing with a parent who had saved a drowning child and now their phone won't work.   2 Answers

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied in late August of 2012. They got back to me about a week or so later, with a brief phone interview. That was followed by two video interviews, via Skype about a week apart. Both of them were very professional, and the people I dealt with were very pleasant, and enthusiastic. I was hired, and started Oct. 1st

Interview Questions

• There are two interviews. One is about your technical knowledge, the other is about your life experience, and how it would apply to working at Apple. Don't be put off by the second interview, and don't treat it as a "formality". This interview will weigh as much as the technical one. They hire "people persons" in other words, customer friendly, enthusiastic folks who want to help people. Do not come across as a rigid corporate type, Apple is not a place for rigid corporate types.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via Craigslist. Four days later I was received a cold call from a recruiter, They liked what they heard, and scheduled an interview via skype, Skype interview did not go through, (problem on their end) proceeded with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Traveling at airport, Her laptop was lost with her luggage, and her phone was not working. She couldnt make a call, send an email or anything.   2 Answers

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email 5 days later to attend an information session. 4 days later I got another email asking to schedule an interview through FaceTime.

The interview wasn't too bad. I was mainly asked questions about how I've dealt with angry customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview is done by telephone by an internal recruiter with Apple. She reviews the requirements of the position including shifts, salary, and training. If those requirements are agreed upon, they continue to the interview questions. They are mostly basic technical question with some minor role playing to demonstrate how empathetic you would be as well as your ability to explain technical issues in an easy to understand manner.

Interview Questions

• Because it was the intial interview, the question were all quite easy. The most unexpected question was "What is a CPU?". I found it to be unexpected because I couldn't imagine anyone applying for a technical support position who didn't already know what a CPU was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a facetime call and asked questions on how familar you are with apple products. Also they asked about you college career and how long you are going to be in college. In other words do you use apple products or are you familar with them at least.

Interview Questions

• Asked what would be the hardest thing for you to focus on while working?   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online in January, attended Apple Career Fair online in mid March, spoke with a recruiter for about five minutes, and was contacted via phone the following day for about a ten minute call, mainly involving role playing. One week later I had my FaceTime interview, more customer support focused questions, and two more role playing scenarios. I have been referred for the next step....waiting to set up last interview with team manager. I have not received an official offer yet.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a negative situation in my current business (I am self-employed)? This is a normal interview question but because of the type of business I am in (home child care), it was actually somewhat difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe iCloud and RAM to someone that is not tech savvy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and took about a month for a random call asking for me to give them a call back. Called her back and verified an interview for that same day. Later on that day had the interview and it was more personality and not technical at all. Had a follow up interview the next day and the recruiter gave me some prep hints about looking up what an Operating System does, the difference between RAM and Storage. Also to know the difference between IMAP and POP email accounts. Interview was as expected technical slightly, but more about customer service and empathy. This recruiter told me that I would receive another interview from one last person. This interview was very short and the recruiter told me that I would hear something within 3 weeks. I had the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What does an operating system really do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating and it was low for my experience, but they do it standard across the board.

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

communications were very fluid

Interview Questions

• "troubleshoot an internet issue that your grandmother is having with her iPad"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations