Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online in January, attended Apple Career Fair online in mid March, spoke with a recruiter for about five minutes, and was contacted via phone the following day for about a ten minute call, mainly involving role playing. One week later I had my FaceTime interview, more customer support focused questions, and two more role playing scenarios. I have been referred for the next step....waiting to set up last interview with team manager. I have not received an official offer yet.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a negative situation in my current business (I am self-employed)? This is a normal interview question but because of the type of business I am in (home child care), it was actually somewhat difficult to answer.   Answer Question
  • How would you describe iCloud and RAM to someone that is not tech savvy?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and took about a month for a random call asking for me to give them a call back. Called her back and verified an interview for that same day. Later on that day had the interview and it was more personality and not technical at all. Had a follow up interview the next day and the recruiter gave me some prep hints about looking up what an Operating System does, the difference between RAM and Storage. Also to know the difference between IMAP and POP email accounts. Interview was as expected technical slightly, but more about customer service and empathy. This recruiter told me that I would receive another interview from one last person. This interview was very short and the recruiter told me that I would hear something within 3 weeks. I had the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What does an operating system really do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating and it was low for my experience, but they do it standard across the board.

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

communications were very fluid

Interview Questions

• "troubleshoot an internet issue that your grandmother is having with her iPad"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

At-Home-Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview was for a temporary position while in college where you could work from home. The interview process consisted of one in-person interview which was very relaxed. Questions were very general interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for Apple". There were no real technical questions.

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You will be asked about your customer service skills and basic technical skills and that means they will have you tell a story about a time you handled a hot customer or your family ipad would not connect to the wi-fi at your home and how you went about solving it. typically 2 interviews over the phone and 1 via facetime. All interviewers will be different people.

Negotiation

not flexible at all. Apple treats prospective employees with disdain and abrasiveness.

At Home Advisor Interview

Interview

Submitted an application on the Apple jobs site in July and didn't receive a call-back until January. It was unexpected and I missed the call. A recruiter left a voicemail and sent an email stating their interest in my application. She stated in her email to reply back to email and also added I could call but she would more than likely be unavailable. I replied back to email and waited for a response or callback. After a week past, I called her and she answered. I was at that point put into the interview process which took about 15 minutes. She asked me about my experience and gave me two scenarios before advancing me to the second interview. Second interview will be via Skype/Facetime with another person lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about both my technical and customer service experience. I was also asked about what steps I'd take if someone was having an issue connecting to the internet.   Answer Question

At-Home-Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Month long hiring process. I had two Skype interviews with existing managers with basic behaviorial questions. There was one roleplay during each interview as well

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you encountered an angry customer in the workplace, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Clarksville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online but heard nothing, a week later a friend forwarded my resume to his supervisor. I received a call from Apple about a week or so later. She told me they were hiring specifically a 40 hr/wk position, 4 8-hour days during the wk and 1 8-hour weekend day and that I must be available between 5am-11pm CST. Also that training would be 40 hrs for 4-6 weeks. She told me the starting rate (My starting wage was $2 lower than a friend who worked there previously, so it does vary). She asked me 3 questions and then advised me that I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I did hear back from them via email with the standard "we have chosen someone else".

Interview Questions

• If a customer called in because they fell and dropped their phone and now it is not working,how would you respond.   1 Answer
    • If a customer called in because their phone isn't holding a charge, what 3 things would you have them check.   3 Answers
    • Describe what an Operating System is.   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview

Had one FaceTime interview for the College At-Home Advisor position. The questions were like: how do you handle situational issues in the work place, how do you handle stress, how do you treat a customer, how did you make an unhappy customer happy again, etc. It wasn't to bad, just take deep breathes and draw on your experience of customer care. They don't care that you don't know technical things. Of course, it doesn't hurt to know some basic things about their products.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult thing was calming your nerves since you are talking to Apple. Other than that, it really isn't that bad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2014.

Interview

Thus far I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 FaceTime interview with another FaceTime interview scheduled with the hiring manager. This process has taken 3 weeks thus far and what I have experienced is a desire to make sure the interviewee will take the most care with the customer rather than focusing on technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between RAM and a hard-drive? Is RAM volatile or stable?   2 Answers