Apple Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Senior Mac Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit resume on cooljobs.apple.com, if you are chosen then a recruiter reaches out to you and performs an initial interview; setting expectations. Then you go on the hiring manager interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task to complete and you didn't have all the information necessary. What did you do?   Answer Question

Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy. Only about relevant projects, work exp. How to verify many design scenarios. Given one piece of RTL code find the issues with it. Comp arch, aptitude. Verilog, system verilog, ASIC Verification

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other offers in hand   1 Answer

CAD Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screen. Followed by 3-4 rounds on site. All technical interviews. Know the fundamentals well. Past experience is highly valued in Apple interviews. Different interviewers concentrated on different points on the resume(not just the ones relevant to the role).

Analog Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair and got an email a week later to schedule the interview. The interview was completely technical, in fact, the recruiter asked me to get a pen and paper to jot down a problem. I managed to answer 80% of it but got a rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is the gain of a current source loaded single stage amplifier?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I am in Interview process. I got a phone interview after I applied through online.Then asked to have an onsite interview in austin apple campus. It took about an hour and had short written test.

Human Resources Helpline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Technical interviewer screening. In person meeting with hiring manager (first round). 3 individual in person meetings with hiring manager's peers and manager. 2 additional interviews with hiring manager's peers over the phone.

The process was extraordinarily lengthy. I was a finalist of 2 people, and they went with the other, who was an internal candidate. I started the interview process in late July and just got the final "no" in mid october.

The interviews were simple and more focused on the human aspect, rather than the skill set.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the hiring manager could not make a decision with ease. I was told that this is the usual length of time for an apple interview, but this was absurd. In Austin (and the bay area for that matter), jobs for developers move very quick. If it weren't Apple, they would have a hard time keeping people in an interview process for 3 months.

I am speculating, but Apple seems to have a very strict hiring process, in which they tell you very little. I was told many deadlines which were never met, and given vague answers as to why they were delayed. In reality, it was because they had offered someone else the job, and were waiting on his response. You may be told that it was because of travel conflicts, or that someone was out for a few days, but we both know that it doesn't take 4 weeks after the last interview to make a decision.

Keep in mind, your interview is going to be very dependent on the org. Some developer interviews may be extremely involved and require programming challenges, while mine did not.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time when you have multiple requests coming across your desk?   Answer Question

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to do a pre screening then a face to face interview was scheduled. There were two supervisors from the Fraud department that interviewed me. It took approximately two to three weeks to hear something.

Interview Questions

• "If you were a box of cereal, what kind would you be?"   1 Answer
    • "Would you rather be great and late or good and on time?"   1 Answer

Front Desk Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Since I applied for the front desk position at the fitness center I got asked what my knowledge is about the equipment and the facility. We also spoke about customer service and what the outcomes can be. They gave me a tour of the fitness facilities and then a couple of weeks passed until I had a phone interview with the wellness manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to put your training to use.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The contractor gave me a call and said that I would be great for this position and that it was for Apple. She originally took my resume and specified it for the company. Afterwards, I completed a questionnaire for different questions about leadership, prioritization, and how to work in a team. About a week after that I got a call that I had gotten the position. There was never any 1:1 with anyone from Apple - just a phone screening with the recruiter.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

You show up with about 8 other people and then have about a five minute interview with the recruiter. They give an overview of job expectations and you are required to take a little quiz to evaluate that you can write a complete sentence.