Apple Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

3.1

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Contacted via email and had phone interview, which was so easy that I thought there is something wrong. Anyways, asked me to visit team in Austin, TX. I went there for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• On site they were highly non-professional. They asked me to draw design schematics of my current employer. They do things hastily and try to create pressing environment so that you can tell them something. If you are going from big names like Mediatek, Samsung, Qualcomm or Broadcom then be careful, they are bunch of beginners who are trying to interview many people everyday so that they can get to know good design toplogies and try to copy over. This is just what I felt.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Apple gave me a homework assignment that was relatively simple and took a few hours. I was invited in for an onsite about two days later. Simple quick interview. Lasted about 45 minutes. Was contacted two weeks later that they extended the offer to someone else.

ITunes Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

HireVue. Interviewer was pleasant and professional. General customer service questions and a role play. As this was the first step, it was mostly about personality. There were only a couple technical questions. I made it through ok. Will be interviewing again, most likely next week.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through apple and was emailed the next day about being invited to a hiring event. I expected there to be at least 20-30 people but I was only 7 people. I got there 15 mins early just to know the people around you and the other talk to higher ups. But they didn't open the doors for us until 9:30 when we were suppose to start our interview at 9:15. We meet the store manager and another manager for the interview. It Felt very rushed , because they had like 39 people they were trying to train for the day, they showed us a video on retail stores and what not. then put us in pairs and asked us to introduce your partner on 1.your name 2.why apple 3.Guilty pleasure tv show. I tried to show my personality and asked questions and answered most questions they asked. they said that they would contact you within 24-48 hours and i just got the email on that they are moving to other people. :( im a little bit upset because I thought i showed my personality well and was personable through the experience. They acted like they didnt care about the interview at all, just made us do a quick group thing and 2 videos. It was kind of unprofessional and kind of made me feel off. I will of course talk to the store manager and ask what i can improve on. But it was a messy interview experience for me :/ bit unprofessional

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a recent recruiter screening interview via Skype. Was asked some typical behavioral questions at the start and we went through my resume. At the end, there was a short role play session.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The first step was setting up an appointment for the first interview via email. When I got there they realized I had been given the wrong day and apologized. Thankfully someone still had time to speak to me and things seemed to go well. It was mostly questions aimed at getting to know me and gauging my interest in the position. I was then told I would be contacted by another manager to setup a 2nd interview within 24-48 hours. After a few days of waiting, I decided to call myself and check in. They were surprised I hadn't been contacted and told me a manager would call within 24-48 hours again. After a week had passed, I finally received a call to come in for another interview. This time it was a different manager and before even saying hello it felt as though she had decided she didn't like me. The whole interview felt very cold and as though she had already made her decision, which was very odd since the first manager had been very welcoming and friendly. I asked what the next steps would involve and she told me that I'd be contacted within 24- 48 hours to set up a third interview and if that went well I'd be scheduled for a working interview. Again, I was not contacted for nearly a week and I happened to be in the area so I stopped by the store to inquire about my next interview. The manager I had seen during the second interview was there and told me she was surprised I hadn't been contacted but that someone would contact me soon. A day or two later I received a generic email saying that I had not been selected. Aside from the initial message, all other forms of contact from them had been calls directly from a manager. I was disappointed that after several weeks of being kept waiting, missed appointments, and multiple interviews they did not call or at least send a more personal email. I sent an email in response thanking them for their time and asking why I was not selected so that I could improve in future applications. They told me I'd get a response to my email soon. It's now a week later I have not received a response. All in all, the process was very disorganized and left a poor impression.

ICloud SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with the company at an Apple Networking day at their HQ over the summer and then was asked to complete a 30 minute phone interview with the engineer I spoke to at the event.

Interview Questions

• Count the number of machines in a distributed system when all machines run the exact same main function concurrently by sending messages between machines to your left and right. All machines must be notified how many machines are in the system during the execution. Pre-provided methods: is_machine_right, is_machine_left, send_right, send_left.   1 Answer

AppleCare Technical Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

An Apple recruiter reached out to me about the job via Indeed. I responded to him a couple of days later and also applied for the job on Apple's website. The application includes questions about past technical experiences and how you approached them. Next, another person scheduled a FaceTime/Skype interview with another Apple recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: I can't download pictures my sister sent to me. Can you help me?   Answer Question
    • Describe what excellent customer service is to you?   1 Answer
    • What does growth in a job mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time a previous boss provided feedback to you and how you implemented that feedback into action.   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was hired by Apple through Kelly Services. We had a training that would last about 2-3 weeks. They told us we would have a final at the end of the training, but in the mean time we had to take quizzes almost everyday. They told us not to worry about the quiz scores because even if we fail them we could still pass the final. I failed 2 of the quizzes and I received a call from Kelly Services saying Apple was canceling my contract because I failed 2 quizzes. They almost fired one of my old coworkers for talking without raising her hand. They fired her within a week after the training ended because she was not entering orders into the system fast enough.

I still like my iPhone, I just would not recommend Apple as an employer. They are very picky about employment.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

For a company with a the motto "Think Different," Apple clearly wants thoughtless drones they can mold into their non questioning slaves. This interview process was the worst I've ever had in 20 years. I arrived early at Barton Creek Mall and waited for quite some time for the interviewer, to get her self together. She was 20+ minutes late and dressed as if she had come from a jog-- sloppy and inappropriate. Her workout bra was showing. She proceeded to take us to the loudest part of the mall to conduct a several hour group 'interview.' Certainly like no interview I've ever had. All of the other applicants were in supplication mode and none showed any particular critical thinking skills or 'woke' thought. With a revenue stream of 215 billion you'd think Apple could afford to do 1 on 1 interviews professionally in a real space instead of the food court of a mall. However, this is how Apple rolls evidently. Push some tables together so we all have to strain to hear and struggle to be heard. Is Apple attempting to simulate it's own obnoxiously loud, over crowded, poorly planned stores? Maybe. Moreover it was disorganized and she appeared unprepared, scribbling sloppy notes on the backs of our resumes and an internal questionnaire with little instruction that repeats some of the same info Apple should already know and availability. She reached for each question as if she was just making it up, but it was obvious she was just trying to remember the standard Apple questions. What she willingly revealed, however, is that at Apple Corporate, there is very little fellowship and camaraderie that is encouraged. At each store, the managers and employees form the current "family." If you don't fit in with them exactly, it doesn't matter how qualified, skilled, friendly, or savvy you are; you will not be considered. She said it's like a family with employees hanging together and dating, which seems like a recipe for unprofessionalism, oh wow just as reflected in the stores. She also revealed that the turnover rate is very high, with new positions every 2 weeks and that if we didn't make it this round, to reapply. Alot of this explains why the Apple store is such a semi-failure and why the experience, not from a policy standpoint but from the vibe the employees give varies so much. I sat there for hours, literally, waiting for each applicant to repeat their spiel. Most rephrased the same things over and over. 2.5 hours of my life I will never get back, because Apple thinks it's being super clever. Kind of a disgusting experience to be honest. It wasn't personal; it was dismissive at best. Everyone at the interview is expected to "get to know each other." A futile, wasteful exercise-- you'll likely never see those people again. The interviewer isn't really trying to get to know you, just trip you up. Furthermore, though the interview setting would seem conversational; it is not at all. It is simply one-sided back and forth. I constantly felt rushed in my answers. Also you're answering sometimes personal questions in front of people you don't know-- both rude and inappropriate. Mostly just her hurling whatever question she can remember and then letting you struggle to answer above the guy emptying/slamming trashcans 2 feet behind you. Moreover the interviewer told us the job I had been called in for wasn't even available. They just send for a cattle call, another signal of high turnover-- which means their hiring process isn't efficient or working properly. If you don't think for yourself or question authority this might be the job for you. If you supplicate blindly, you're more likely to get to the next round of interviews. Perhaps playing dumb but not too dumb is the key here.

Interview Questions

• Describe in one word what kind of employee I would get if we hired you.   1 Answer