Apple Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went through three interviews and spoke with a total of 6 different people throughout those interviews. The first two were by phone and the third was via FaceTime. The interviewers were polite and respectful, no issue there. An aspect that caught me by surprise is that I did expect more diversity in the organization. All 6 people I was interviewed by were white women, which is not an issue, but it is something I notice and did not expect (especially after extensively browsing the Apple Inclusion and Diversity page). The questions were not hard, its apparent they are looking for a cultural fit. The first two interviews were basic questions in handling scheduling and past experiences. The third interview was completely comprised of situational questions (i.e. What would you do if *insert scenario* happened?)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage scheduling multiple appointments with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Process took about one month, first had a phone interview with a recruiter, then one with the hiring manager, then another with someone else from the collections team. First interview with hiring manager was really short, more of a description of what the job entailed. Second interview was much more thorough, where a team member took the time to get to know your experience and skill set.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling a conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question

WW Readiness Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

3 Phone screenings, 1 with the recruiter, hiring manager and a coworker. I’ve been then invited for an on-site Interview in Cupertino for 6 back to back Interviews. Interview process with quick. Each screening interview had almost a week interval.

Interview Questions

• Reflect on an experience where you had cross-functional team management experience, supply chain experience. What’s your recent area for improvement feedback received.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Apple Store interview process, I've read, can take up to 5+ interviews. Begins with an hour-long, group activity of 8 candidates and 2 staff, which I describe below. We were told to come prepared with a copy of our resume. No bonus points for coming prepared with our own pen or paper for the group activity. At the end we were told to leave our resumes at our seats, along with our questionnaires, presumable so they could associate our faces/seating/questions with our resumes.

Response (and rejection) is swift. They say 24-48 hour notification of advancement in the process or rejection by phone or email. I got my rejection email to my phone within the hour.

Interview Questions

• Group discussion: What working at Apple means to you.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

they try and see if you are a good fit for the company, only behavioral questions. Just know about apple and know about the people they try and recruit. people who fit well within the culture of the company

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Intern position, not full-time. Gave resume on univerisity Apple company day event. Arranged a campus interview later that week. Had a onsite with four interviews roughly a monthly latter. Got feedback about 2 weeks after the onsite, and got the offer about another 2 weeks later.

The interviews are both tough for master level both in breath and depth, but the interviewers are friendly and patient. I should say I actually learned a lot through the interviews. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Past experience/ resume discussion.   1 Answer
    • VLSI problems. For example, how to fix timing violations, difference in choosing metal layers, what are the sources of variance. Spend a lot time on low-power design-related topic, such as power gating.   1 Answer
    • The general physcial design flow and related problems, eg. how to deal with congestion, what to do if timing is not met after the routing and ECO, which step in back-end design do you think is the most difficult one.   Answer Question
    • Simple programming questions. Just make sure you can code in a basic level.   Answer Question

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a recent recruiter screening interview via Skype. Was asked some typical behavioral questions at the start and we went through my resume. At the end, there was a short role play session.

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Contacted via email and had phone interview, which was so easy that I thought there is something wrong. Anyways, asked me to visit team in Austin, TX. I went there for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• On site they were highly non-professional. They asked me to draw design schematics of my current employer. They do things hastily and try to create pressing environment so that you can tell them something. If you are going from big names like Mediatek, Samsung, Qualcomm or Broadcom then be careful, they are bunch of beginners who are trying to interview many people everyday so that they can get to know good design toplogies and try to copy over. This is just what I felt.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Apple gave me a homework assignment that was relatively simple and took a few hours. I was invited in for an onsite about two days later. Simple quick interview. Lasted about 45 minutes. Was contacted two weeks later that they extended the offer to someone else.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through apple and was emailed the next day about being invited to a hiring event. I expected there to be at least 20-30 people but I was only 7 people. I got there 15 mins early just to know the people around you and the other talk to higher ups. But they didn't open the doors for us until 9:30 when we were suppose to start our interview at 9:15. We meet the store manager and another manager for the interview. It Felt very rushed , because they had like 39 people they were trying to train for the day, they showed us a video on retail stores and what not. then put us in pairs and asked us to introduce your partner on 1.your name 2.why apple 3.Guilty pleasure tv show. I tried to show my personality and asked questions and answered most questions they asked. they said that they would contact you within 24-48 hours and i just got the email on that they are moving to other people. :( im a little bit upset because I thought i showed my personality well and was personable through the experience. They acted like they didnt care about the interview at all, just made us do a quick group thing and 2 videos. It was kind of unprofessional and kind of made me feel off. I will of course talk to the store manager and ask what i can improve on. But it was a messy interview experience for me :/ bit unprofessional