Apple Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. I talked to 9 different people on the phone, presented a case study onsite and had 2 hours of lunch/interview on site. At the end, I did not hear from them for almost two weeks. I sent an email to follow up and after 3 days, the recruiter sent me "no thank you" email with no feedback. I asked for greater feedback as I had gone through almost 10 hours of interview with them. I never heard back. It is very disappointing to see the hiring process is a "one-way" road for Apple: when they need you, they keep calling you. When they don't, they disappear. Very unprofessional.

Senior Mac Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit resume on cooljobs.apple.com, if you are chosen then a recruiter reaches out to you and performs an initial interview; setting expectations. Then you go on the hiring manager interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task to complete and you didn't have all the information necessary. What did you do?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Apple's website, uploaded resume and cover letter.
     Received an email with several options for dates for a phone interview, set up interview, followed by a phone call interview

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone, which then moved on to an interview over skype. They gave basic information about the role and what I was expected to do, and then they asked me questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Apple?   1 Answer

Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy. Only about relevant projects, work exp. How to verify many design scenarios. Given one piece of RTL code find the issues with it. Comp arch, aptitude. Verilog, system verilog, ASIC Verification

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other offers in hand   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied for a HW intern profile through the campus portal and got a call after more than a month. I had phone interviews with four people from the Signoff team. The interview questions were not difficult since they mostly focused on questions related to my prev work-ex. I was able to answer most of them, and was hopeful of getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Resume related stuff - previous work ex, school projects, etc.
      - Scripting in skill, C++
      - Sorting algorithms, merge sort vs quick sort   Answer Question

CAD Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screen. Followed by 3-4 rounds on site. All technical interviews. Know the fundamentals well. Past experience is highly valued in Apple interviews. Different interviewers concentrated on different points on the resume(not just the ones relevant to the role).

Analog Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair and got an email a week later to schedule the interview. The interview was completely technical, in fact, the recruiter asked me to get a pen and paper to jot down a problem. I managed to answer 80% of it but got a rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is the gain of a current source loaded single stage amplifier?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I am in Interview process. I got a phone interview after I applied through online.Then asked to have an onsite interview in austin apple campus. It took about an hour and had short written test.

Human Resources Helpline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Technical interviewer screening. In person meeting with hiring manager (first round). 3 individual in person meetings with hiring manager's peers and manager. 2 additional interviews with hiring manager's peers over the phone.

The process was extraordinarily lengthy. I was a finalist of 2 people, and they went with the other, who was an internal candidate. I started the interview process in late July and just got the final "no" in mid october.

The interviews were simple and more focused on the human aspect, rather than the skill set.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the hiring manager could not make a decision with ease. I was told that this is the usual length of time for an apple interview, but this was absurd. In Austin (and the bay area for that matter), jobs for developers move very quick. If it weren't Apple, they would have a hard time keeping people in an interview process for 3 months.

I am speculating, but Apple seems to have a very strict hiring process, in which they tell you very little. I was told many deadlines which were never met, and given vague answers as to why they were delayed. In reality, it was because they had offered someone else the job, and were waiting on his response. You may be told that it was because of travel conflicts, or that someone was out for a few days, but we both know that it doesn't take 4 weeks after the last interview to make a decision.

Keep in mind, your interview is going to be very dependent on the org. Some developer interviews may be extremely involved and require programming challenges, while mine did not.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time when you have multiple requests coming across your desk?   Answer Question

See What Apple Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Apple Product Professional AOS in Austin, TX

Pros: “Awesome employees. Awesome facilities in Austin (brand new campus). Awesome pay and benefits. Awesome technology of course. If you are happy to be a worker bee, or are motivated to try and...”“Awesome employees. Awesome facilities in Austin (brand new campus). Awesome pay and benefits. Awesome technology of course. If you are happy to be a worker bee, or are motivated to try and move up, Apple can make it happen. You really feel apart of something bigger than yourself, and of course as it is Apple - something world renowned and cool. They have put a lot of thought and energy into keeping employees feeling valued as individuals, and the devent pay, benefits, facilities, HR support etc. support that. This was is best place I have ever worked in my 17 year career. Oh, and Café Macs (cafeteria) is the best in the world for staff meals. No joke, google it!!!” – Full Review