Apple Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

3.2

1,255 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

phone screen followed by an full day on-site interview. Assessing skill level and a lot of situational thinking and communication. very secretive about the product and job as you would expect Apple to be.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

There was one recruiter conversation and one phone screen, followed by an on-site with six people. Several of the interviewers were on the team itself, though there were also people on related teams.

The role is largely research in nature. They asked me to talk about past research work, my research ideas and perspectives. They asked me essentially zero problem-solving questions, but instead a lot of terminology / opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• They also asked me some behavioural questions and simple "do you know about X" type questions, and very few problem solving questions. I have no idea how they were able to judge me based on any of the questions they asked. They were mostly very friendly, though some a few of the questions came across very defensive / barbed.   1 Answer

Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Oddly enough, the VP reached out to me on linkedin to initiate. We waited around 15 days after the email to have a phone screen to which he was considerably late to. Then we waited around 2 more weeks with lots of emails for an "exploratory" conversations with 2 others. And then I would have had to have waited longer had I not had the balls to email them myself and ask whats up, and a day later I got a legal "I don't have a role for you."

My Feedback on what happened:
    I came to the building 30 mins early to ensure I was there ontime, no traffic etc. It was 100F outside as it's been incredibly hot in the bay area this week. There was nobody outside waiting , no receptionist, no security nothing. I knocked on the door and first this engineer shows up and has no idea what to do. Then I took a walk along the back side of the building and found the security guards smoking outside when they're supposed to be outside the building watching it. Finally i sit in this tanbark outside the building waiting around, and time comes up and the receptionist walks in for lunch . With respect, for a company with $280B in cash, why not hire another receptionist to take over during lunch? For situations like this, the right thing to do is hire another cover, have her be there, let me in give me water and make sure i'm comfortable. It's called hospitality. This gets better. The 2nd interviewer was supposedly a very senior leader in the company, due to Glassdoor's policies I can't say much except she's in the EPM industry and focused on HW. She was insanely rude, curt, and actually asked me unprofessionally "so whats your exit strategy?". I get that folks are supposed to be hard here, and want to ensure you're a fit, and frankly probably have chips on their shoulders, but with respect demeaning and condescending somebody is frankly outright, and for Apple thats just not necessary. So after 40 mins of hearing this incredibly purtued and inexcusable person, the VP walks in yet again 40 mins late. To be entirely fair, i really liked the first interviewer and the VP... they were humble, took time to get to know me, and really give me a fair chance. But leading up to this point - I knew afterwards this wasn't going to work. Oh btw, the recruiter also went on vacation in between, had a pretty botchy transition to his manager to take over, and nobody knew what was happening. After the interview, this had been 3 weeks to this point, I was getting irritated. So I went a very professional but strong email to everybody and finally received the usual legal "I don't have anything for you.". In the end - I leave this review with a bad taste in my mouth for this group, the professionalism, and unfortunately the silly things like not offering somebody water, or asking if they have to use the restroom, since when did Apple become Uber? And since when did people forget its the PEOPLE That make products. I wondered about writing this review, but I realized that so many around the world are killing themselves in schools and work to get these opportunities, and for companies to take advantage of that is not appropriate at all. So i hope somebody in Apple HR realizes that we're human too, and while these interviews are out of their control, there still is this thing called courtesy.

Interview Questions

• How do you interface and influence with multiple stakeholders to drive a project forward?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through internal referral.
    Applied through internal referral.
    Got an email from recruiter the other day to arrange the phone screen.
    Got called by an engineer two weeks later.
    Talked about working experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Output the first duplicated char in a string
      2. Output a 2d array in spiral order
      such as [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]] -> [1,2,3,6,9,8,7,4,5]
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. They were very polite, and it came from the official Apple campus number. Be sure to add this number to your phone contact, should you apply. It would really suck, if you didn't answer, or have an inappropriate voicemail greeting set.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A short phone interview where they made sure I understood needs analysis and can use authoring tools. They described the position, what a typical process is like, the hours involved, and who I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience as an Instructional Designer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Apple recruiter first which was relatively brief and covered basic skills. Then he arranged a phone interview with a hiring manager which took about 30 minutes on the phone.

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

Interview

Very quick.
    Got email asking the suitable time.
    Two telephonic interviews: one with technical lead and another with technical manager.

They are very good fundamental questions to see how broad one can think beyond his/her comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from my resume and projects I have done.
      Both interviewers asked basic theory questions to make sure I also know the theory well.

Got invitation for the onsight.
      Answer Question

Test Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had two phone calls and then got invited over for an in person interview. The interviews are multiple people one on one in an office throughout the day. Everyone was friendly but also very abrupt throughout the process. Don't do anything more than just show up, I prepared for weeks and it made absolutely no difference. Everyone you talk to during the interviews will either have never read your resume or text during the interview. The questions are really nothing more than questions made up on the spot designed around your resume.

Also, this role specifically is looking for either top tier graduating people or 5-10 years of experience. If you aren't either of them just relax and enjoy the experience.