Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Group interview of ~8 people. We were asked 2 questions one relating to customer service experience and the other on how to deal with a difficult boss in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult/rude customer.   Answer Question

RF Systems Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First is a phone call, followed by two days of interviews. Handed in my resume online, and talked to a bunch of people at Apple before I applied for the job. They notified me within 1-2 days after the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Explain the test setup when measuring the IIP3 of a LNA? What do you need to look out for and what assumptions are you making?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

-I applied online, they contacted me 2 months after with an invitation to their hiring event.
    -I was outside of Canada at the time, so they agreed to enrol me in a hiring event on a different date.
    -They contacted me twice after I confirmed my attendance, telling me that I haven't confirmed my attendance yet.
    -On interview day, we were a group of 6 interviewees, and the lady who was conducting the interview makes sure to treat you like crap if she doesn't like you based on physical looks.
    -She would smile in the face of some interviewees and frown to others as if they were some frogs or ugly creatures.
    -She would ask the question, and wait for volunteers, when I raised my hand to speak, she gave me permission then started looking around her and barely making any eye contact with me.
    -I believe I gave good answers.
    -Next day, I received an email telling me they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you helped a struggling co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a rude/angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you set a specific goal/sales goal and the steps you've set and taken in order to achieve it?   Answer Question

Creative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I wasn't looking for a job when I applied, I wanted to see what it was like to interview for the company. This interview was held inside the Mapleview Burlington retail store. The meeting was arrange at 8am before the mall opened. Unfortunately, applicants don't get alot of choice when booking an interview. They get one day slot and time to choose from.

Having an interview at eight in the morning has pro's and con's. On one side you have the rest of the day ahead of you. The negative side is, it's tricky finding ways into the store, go early to make sure you have time for wandering around looking for a way in. The managers opened up the glass doors and brought us to one of the tables before the place opened. You can't help but drink the cool-aid when entering the place. Looking around the store during an interview feels like Christmas day, except for when the huge poster of Airpods hanging on the wall came into sight ...(Sorry Apple).

I sat with six other applicants, we didn't know each other, that was actually fun.. I almost wish more companies did this. I enjoyed when the applicants at the table could ask the recruiter challenging questions. It puts everyone at ease, even the recruiters(if they are good). I had a great experience and would recommend it.

They got back to me promptly with the decision that they would move forward with other candidates. The group was engaging, fun to be around. I'll keep applying for positions just to see what the interview process is like at different locations and maybe I'll blog about it. I enjoy reviewing recruiters and regularly go for interviews for that reason. I've interviewed at places like Shopify and would never apply again based on the interview experience I had. The recruiter sets the entire tone reputation wise, they let me know if a company is worth reapplying. Apple is worth it.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

This is a long hiring process but don't get discouraged. There were 4 interviews in total for my group (could be less depending where you get hired/what position).

1- This is what they call a Hiring Event. Here they invite a bunch of applicants (My group had 20, I've heard of some people having an entire hall full of people). This is the round where you want to leave your mark on the hiring managers and make yourself noticed.
    2- One-on-one interview with a store manager. Very typical interview questions.
    3- Group interview (lead by another store manager) with the candidates who they have chosen up until this point (about 6). More of a discussion rather than an interview.
    4- Final group interview with the exact same candidates as the last group. This interview is with the market leader, and they ask a couple tricky questions.

They ended up hiring 5 people from my group (including me). To give you an idea of how specific they are in who they hire, they only hired 5 out of the 20 people they started off with. Be energetic, but don't be obnoxious and egotistic, they see right through that. Just say intelligent things and show them that you are relaxed and confident.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Three interviews, first a group then two individuals. Very laid back and casual. People very nice. Warm welcome always and interviewed in Cafe. Waiting to hear back about third interview but process was very quick!

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Was invited to an hiring event. The team introduced themselves, made us watch videos, make sure you have an opinion on every video and raise your hands. If you're on of the quiet people you wont make it to the next round.
    I think they hire based on looks. There were very good people, so I think it came down to looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you helped a co-worker through a challenge.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Three weeks after applying online I received a call. I went in for a casual interview with one of the managers, we walked around the mall and because I had time she asked me if I was okay with meeting with the store leader, which I did. The process took took an hour and was super relaxed and casual. I called back a week later saying they liked me so much they didn't need to conduct more interviews for me and would contact me with a start date and more information. I had one interview and everyone else hired had 2-3. The process took a bout a month from the interview to the start date.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process way harder than what I expected. It includes 1 quiz and 3 technical interviews. Including technical, behavioral questions as well as puzzles.
    it took me around 3 month to get the offer.

I have to admit that despite all the hard questions, I was enjoying the process as I was easily seeing how strong and smart are the people who I am interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a conflict with a team mate?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

group interview, around 15 people were also in the interview, group of 7 store members were evaluating consisted of manager, creative, geniuses, technical specialist and the administrative person.

1. Intro of store members to groups, then within the groups, intro yourself to your group members
    2. you need to introduce a person in your group to all the interviewees.
    3. series of videos, explaining Apple culture, Apple store structure, there is time after videos to express your thoughts about the video [you are being evaluated for expressing comments]
    4. then into the groups again to do the interview questions, there is a list of questions that the store members choose from from their ipads, very generic interview questions but in a group discussion style. [you are being evaluated for the answers]
    5. after the interview, there is a Q&A, after that, its done.

process took around 2 hours, no breaks. Most people were in business casual with few in full business.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time your worked around your weakness   1 Answer
    • Example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question