Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

We sat in the store that had 3 tables with our name tags. We put our name tags on so that they can mark you throughout.

We did a group interview that lasted 2 hours.
    1. Introduce our partner and their passions etc
    2. Do sales role play with a team of 5-6 people. Selling an iPhone.
    3. Did 2 scenarios with a partner, did employee and customer role. 1st was a customer comes in and is a teacher. 2nd is a fitness guru comes in and wants to buy a product to help his exercise. You have to do customer-employee role play.

Throughout this, we saw about 6-8 videos lasting 2-5 mins of average and were asked to talk about it and what we thought. Here they want you to talk and see how you maintain eye contact etc, idk.

Process was English. Made people volunteer to read things in French.

Question period at the end.

4-5 employees around the room just marking you seeing how you are in a group, etc.

Really relaxed and inviting.

Chairs were not really comfortable. lol.

Lead Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Preferred Candidate not identified. Submitted via internal website. Was not contacted, even for a rejection.The only communication I received was that they had received my submission via an automated email response. No response from store leadership or team leadership.I was not expecting this sort of response from a company that prides itself on 'never saying no, just not right now'.

Apple Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 3 or 4 groups of 30 plus people in a large hotel conference room over one day. They would then whittle it down to people they wanted to invite for formal interviews. They encouraged us to participate and ask questions. They got us first to introduce a person next to us and asked us to introduce our neighbour, and name a place in the world they would want to go to if Apple would fly us anywhere. They then showed us videos of different roles in Apple that we could go for, without telling us what specific roles were available at the stores at that time, and got us to fill out forms of our availability and what positions we were interested in, with what products we knew and what location we wanted to work at. All along they assured us that we would not have to be any expert in any role as they would train us in what we needed and that we didn't need a retail background to be successful. I thought I showed a lot of interest but at the end of day, I did not get selected for a second round interview with the hiring manager of the store I wanted to work at.

They also encouraged us to ask questions too. One of the neat things was they told us if you get on with Apple, they encourage you to move around the Apple retail group and if you wanted to move elsewhere in the world with Apple, you would be allowed after 1 year to move to other places in the world.

Interview Questions

• What do you notice about the Apple Store?   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview and we were 20 people who arrived for it. firstly, we were asked to introduce ourselves and then they showed us some videos and asked us for the review of each video. then we were divided into 5 groups with each group having 4 members and were told to do a small role play.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. About two week later I received an email invitation to Group interview,start with introduction. Mangers are very nice. Overall a very good experience,

Interview Questions

• Why apple? What apple produce are you using right now?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual, two geniuses with store manager interviewing me. They brought me out of the store and we began to do the interview. They would ask some questions and they would answer themselves while I answered last. After that they told me I would have to wait 24-48 hours to know if I got an offer or not.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied mid-June. Didn't hear back until early September, where I got a call from the Apple Store in question.

Interview 1 - I (and the others at this interview) seemed to skip the hiring event; my first interview was simply in the Apple Store itself. Hiring manager came up, introduced herself, and we had a fairly candid conversation as we passed an iPad around to collect our contact info.

Afterwards, she asked a bunch of fairly standard interview questions, wanting to get to know us and our past work experience. Answering was freeform, I mostly tried to stay middle/end of the pack unless people were reluctant to answer, in which case I tried to show initiative.

The interviewer in this case was friendly and very open, admitted that there wasn't specifically an opening and that we may not get a job offer for months even if we were deemed suitable for a role. Emailed her my availability, and got a call back a few days later for a phone interview.

Interview 2 - Phone interview with the 2nd hiring manager. Longer since its 1-on-1, more focused on past work experience. Lasted ~30 minutes since it took place around half an hour before their store was set to open that weekend. She seemed a little more interested in my answers, maybe because it was a 1-on-1 and she had the time for it. Just try to over-exaggerate your emotions if you get a phone interview since your voice is more monotone when transmitted through the phone.

Interview 3 - To come. Face-to-face interview with 2 managers tomorrow. Will make a follow-up post regarding how things go.

From what I heard, individual interviews are not difficult, but they gradually find which candidate(s) are most suited to their personal preferences, so it can be brutal to get through several stages before being declined. Will try not to get my hopes up :P

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      - "Tell me about yourself."
      - "Name a time you helped out someone who needed it badly."
      - "Why Apple?"

Interview 2:
      - "Tell me about yourself."
      - "Name a time you had to handle an unruly customer."
      - "What's your proudest accomplishment?"
      - "Name a time you had to handle a heavy workload. How did you manage the stress?"
      Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

40 people in 5 groups within different kinds of people like students, graduate, workers. As an international student, language is still the main problem. Apple needs people acting completely like their members. Just be very confident and energetic and speak a lot.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce the person next to you
      2. What do you know about Apple
      3. Role play
      Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

15 minute interview with recruiter, followed by a 30 minute interview with hiring manger.

They then gave me a 'design challenge', that they wanted me to complete in one week. I submitted a detailed design report, and received feedback that I should create a presentation. Upon creating the presentation, I was told that I didn't do well on the design challenge. I was given specific feedback on the design challenge (which areas I should give details for in my design). Surprisingly, ALL of those highlighted things were in my report!

I don't think the hiring manager even read my report, because if they did, they would find that all of their highlighted areas were mentioned.

I felt extremely demotivated, I felt that Apple did not really care for their employees. I felt they were super unprofessional as well, not even reading my submission fully.

Interview Questions

• How to reduce beam deflection. How to bond metal with plastic.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First there is event where they introduce you to Apple and do some dynamics to know you better. After, if they like you, you get contacted for an interview with a hiring manager. Then a training course...

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with your first Apple purchase?   1 Answer