Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Display Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

It started with a group interview. Several other candidates and I were led into a room and sat around a table. An exam booklet was passed out by the interviewer and we were given 30 minutes to complete it. The questions were on various electrical engineering topics and were extremely difficult; I was only able to answer one with confidence. After, the interviewer collected the exam booklets and told us that the exam was intended to be very challenging.
    We were then interviewed one-on-one by the same guy. During this interview, the interviewer simply brought out your exam booklet and pointed out all your mistakes. He would then give you a hint and sit there and wait for you to try and solve it again. I found it very hard to think while this guy was staring at me, so naturally I didn't do very well.

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Very unique group setting for initial interview. Very enthusiastic Apple employee meets your group out side the store. Questions are asked to the group with individule participation being monitored.

Interview Questions

• What does apple mean to you?
      What words pop in your head when you think of Apple?
      Answer Question

Ota Engineer Interview

Interview

many many rounds. (some people ask school stuff, some people ask behavioral question, some people throw highly technical problem on the board, some people make you code on spot, etc)

Interview Questions

• load pull, previous experience, everyone asks different kind of question and they sometimes do not understand your answer if it does not 100% match the expected answer.   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Rigorous interview process. At least 3 separate interviews with different managers. Most applicants don't make it past the first or second. Apple is very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but basically if I have ever had to deal with an irate customer before and what did I do or say to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as their initial salary and package was perfect for me.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a high energy group interview with little focus on specific people. The people who were doing the interview were really high energy and were obviously trying to be fun. It was very difficult to try to stand out among the crowd due to the open ended questions that were being asked.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview, 17 people total. Started off with watching company videos and asked for our feedback. Last task was to go into a group and do a group skit on a product demonstrating our customer service skills. I thought my group did well however none of us got to move on. Highly recommend if you do the group interview to just be yourself and very outgoing try to answer the questions after the videos. Good luck :)

Interview Questions

• What did you recognize after the video?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process way harder than what I expected. It includes 1 quiz and 3 technical interviews. Including technical, behavioral questions as well as puzzles.
    it took me around 3 month to get the offer.

I have to admit that despite all the hard questions, I was enjoying the process as I was easily seeing how strong and smart are the people who I am interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a conflict with a team mate?   1 Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two days: Group interview with scenarios and 1 to 1 with managers. Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful videos. Overall a great experience. It is a thrilling experience to work for such a fantastic company, and the recruiters were great! They showed us what does it mean to work in Apple without using fake videos: it is an amazing experience to be part of such a beautiful family.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with some days in between as people were being screened for the next round. 1.) Phone and 2.) Skype. Only technical questions, somewhat difficult for the typical undergrad level student. Asked in quick succession during the phone interview. Phone interview seemed focused on test equipment and methodologies, and other random stuff. Skype interview was more focused on circuit design.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to characterize the power efficiency of a power supply?   2 Answers
    • what is this circuit, and what are the voltage waveforms?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

15 minute interview with recruiter, followed by a 30 minute interview with hiring manger.

They then gave me a 'design challenge', that they wanted me to complete in one week. I submitted a detailed design report, and received feedback that I should create a presentation. Upon creating the presentation, I was told that I didn't do well on the design challenge. I was given specific feedback on the design challenge (which areas I should give details for in my design). Surprisingly, ALL of those highlighted things were in my report!

I don't think the hiring manager even read my report, because if they did, they would find that all of their highlighted areas were mentioned.

I felt extremely demotivated, I felt that Apple did not really care for their employees. I felt they were super unprofessional as well, not even reading my submission fully.

Interview Questions

• How to reduce beam deflection. How to bond metal with plastic.   1 Answer