Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

First, it was a was a big group interview, and then if you were selected you returned for a one on one interview. I was not hired in the first batch of people and received a call back many months later. So if you don't get hired right away, don't lose hope. But don't expect to get the job quickly.

Interview Questions

• The group interview was very much a contest of who could be the most positive and energetic. Participation in the activities is key. Don't be shy. They want to see boldness and an ability to work with a group.
      In the one on one, they were mostly questions trying to get to know what kind of person you are. Emphasis friendliness, enthusiasm, and traits that make you unique (artistic pursuits, passions, etc). Also, show a passion for Apple products
      Answer Question
    • It's been too long...but they definitely wanted to know what my past experience with apple products was. What you use in your daily life, how apple products improve your life.   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two days: Group interview with scenarios and 1 to 1 with managers. Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful videos. Overall a great experience. It is a thrilling experience to work for such a fantastic company, and the recruiters were great! They showed us what does it mean to work in Apple without using fake videos: it is an amazing experience to be part of such a beautiful family.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

We sat in the store that had 3 tables with our name tags. We put our name tags on so that they can mark you throughout.

We did a group interview that lasted 2 hours.
    1. Introduce our partner and their passions etc
    2. Do sales role play with a team of 5-6 people. Selling an iPhone.
    3. Did 2 scenarios with a partner, did employee and customer role. 1st was a customer comes in and is a teacher. 2nd is a fitness guru comes in and wants to buy a product to help his exercise. You have to do customer-employee role play.

Throughout this, we saw about 6-8 videos lasting 2-5 mins of average and were asked to talk about it and what we thought. Here they want you to talk and see how you maintain eye contact etc, idk.

Process was English. Made people volunteer to read things in French.

Question period at the end.

4-5 employees around the room just marking you seeing how you are in a group, etc.

Really relaxed and inviting.

Chairs were not really comfortable. lol.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with some days in between as people were being screened for the next round. 1.) Phone and 2.) Skype. Only technical questions, somewhat difficult for the typical undergrad level student. Asked in quick succession during the phone interview. Phone interview seemed focused on test equipment and methodologies, and other random stuff. Skype interview was more focused on circuit design.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to characterize the power efficiency of a power supply?   1 Answer
    • what is this circuit, and what are the voltage waveforms?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2016.

Interview

- Overview of general manufacturing knowledge with plastics, metals in terms of forming, machining, post-processing, cosmetic finishing, and coating techniques
    - Overview of previous experience with regards to vendor interaction, project management and technical engineering analysis

Interview Questions

• - Name and describe a project you managed which involved direct management and interaction with a vendor and optimization of a manufacturing process critical to part design.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview and we were 20 people who arrived for it. firstly, we were asked to introduce ourselves and then they showed us some videos and asked us for the review of each video. then we were divided into 5 groups with each group having 4 members and were told to do a small role play.

Apple Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 3 or 4 groups of 30 plus people in a large hotel conference room over one day. They would then whittle it down to people they wanted to invite for formal interviews. They encouraged us to participate and ask questions. They got us first to introduce a person next to us and asked us to introduce our neighbour, and name a place in the world they would want to go to if Apple would fly us anywhere. They then showed us videos of different roles in Apple that we could go for, without telling us what specific roles were available at the stores at that time, and got us to fill out forms of our availability and what positions we were interested in, with what products we knew and what location we wanted to work at. All along they assured us that we would not have to be any expert in any role as they would train us in what we needed and that we didn't need a retail background to be successful. I thought I showed a lot of interest but at the end of day, I did not get selected for a second round interview with the hiring manager of the store I wanted to work at.

They also encouraged us to ask questions too. One of the neat things was they told us if you get on with Apple, they encourage you to move around the Apple retail group and if you wanted to move elsewhere in the world with Apple, you would be allowed after 1 year to move to other places in the world.

Interview Questions

• What do you notice about the Apple Store?   1 Answer

Lead Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Preferred Candidate not identified. Submitted via internal website. Was not contacted, even for a rejection.The only communication I received was that they had received my submission via an automated email response. No response from store leadership or team leadership.I was not expecting this sort of response from a company that prides itself on 'never saying no, just not right now'.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. About two week later I received an email invitation to Group interview,start with introduction. Mangers are very nice. Overall a very good experience,

Interview Questions

• Why apple? What apple produce are you using right now?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

15 minute interview with recruiter, followed by a 30 minute interview with hiring manger.

They then gave me a 'design challenge', that they wanted me to complete in one week. I submitted a detailed design report, and received feedback that I should create a presentation. Upon creating the presentation, I was told that I didn't do well on the design challenge. I was given specific feedback on the design challenge (which areas I should give details for in my design). Surprisingly, ALL of those highlighted things were in my report!

I don't think the hiring manager even read my report, because if they did, they would find that all of their highlighted areas were mentioned.

I felt extremely demotivated, I felt that Apple did not really care for their employees. I felt they were super unprofessional as well, not even reading my submission fully.

Interview Questions

• How to reduce beam deflection. How to bond metal with plastic.   1 Answer