Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

For those who have just started researching Apple interview process, I had read 150+ reviews on glass door prior to my interview and it seems like generally Apple does 3 interviews in total. First is a hiring event where there is 30-60+ applicants who do group interviews so they can see who fits their culture, second is an in-store interview with a hiring manager where they dive deeper into getting to know you better, and the third interview is an in-store interview with the Team leader (store manager) where they get to the technical questions such as availability, situational questions and behavioral questions.

My interview experience:

In my case they had me skip the first interview process and called me directly in for a 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager. I'm thinking it's because it's close to Christmas season and they want to hire people quickly for both the new iPhone launch and Christmas season.

The interview with the hiring manager was the most relaxed interview I have been to so far in life. It was in the store on the sales floor at one of the side tables during a busy time in the afternoon. I felt it might have been better to go out of the store because of how busy and loud it was, but I guess in their eyes its acceptable because if you work there, you have to be used to it.
    The hiring manager mostly asked questions about my previous jobs in relation to Apple products. Read below for all the questions I was asked. The hiring manger was very easy to talk to and he made me feel less nervous with the way he spoke and how nice we was. At the end of the interview he gave me advice on what he thinks I did well with and what I could work on for the next interview with the Team leader.
    During the interview the hiring manager had told me that almost always, people are hired Part time first, and only tenured people earn full-time status as the position becomes available. This stuck in my mind during the interview because I had specifically put on my application that I was looking for a full-time position and they did not tell me it was only for part-time until I came in for the interview.

The hiring manager seemed very happy with my interview and told me that I would for-sure be receiving a phone call that very night to schedule the interview with the Team Leader the next day. Unfortunately, I waited until late that very night and didn't receive a single phone call. I expected to receive one the next day but that didn't happen either. He made it clear that they want to hire people fairly quickly with a quick start-date, so I was quite sad that after being told how well I did I would receive a call, but I didn't receive one. Not even a call to tell me that I wasn't getting an interview with the Team Leader. I had high expectations that being Apple, there would be a high level of professionalism and they would contact everyone who is interviewed to tell them whether they want to proceed or not.
    After the interview I had already had it in my mind that I was going to decline the second interview because I needed a full-time position despite Apple being a company I would have loved to work.

From the other reviews I had read it seems like every store location is a bit different, which means the way the interview process goes might be different.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest change from working at your last job to working at the Apple store?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most recent job. How does your experience relate to the position your applying for?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to give or receive criticism from a coworker. How did they handle it?   Answer Question
    • What is AppleCare?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in July 2016.

Interview

It took 2 months. I had passed 4 interviews at Apple store. Mostly I had 4 interviews in person. Not the group. It was very happy to get offered my job from Apple store 😘

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

After going through the process, I'm convinced that the company will try to trick you into thinking that you're not as qualified as you think in order to get better talent at a cheaper rate. The line of questioning from the recruiter was a complete joke.

After asking about my qualifications, the recruiter then tried to tell me that I wasn't qualified enough to be a store manager (despite having management experience), but that I was a great candidate to be a part-time store associate and that they would put me through right away for their group interview.

When I told her that I was overqualified for that, she then told me that I had a bad attitude and that because I was interviewing for Apple, I needed to start from the bottom.

Then she inexplicably told me that she had left her job as a CEO of a major company in order to be a senior recruiter for Apple...yeah, sure you did...

Then she abruptly told me that she had to end the interview early because she had a call on the other line, but that she would try and get me in at a store manager level.

Of course, I never heard from her or Apple again...what a joke!

Interview Questions

• If you were in the same elevator as Tim Cook for 2 minutes, how would you profess your love for Apple?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Received an email invite to join a group interview, then a few days later asked to do an individual interview. With group interviews it's the opportunity to show them that you are a team worker who listens to other and actively participate in the discussion. For the individual interview, it's important to show them that you really want to help people and just a friendly person.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Apple and some questions relating to my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed with questions covering a wide breadth of topic pertaining to the job. Many questions required a white board to solve. The questions were mixed between technical and personality with some brain teasers thrown in. Overall a challenging experience but really shows you what you know.

Interview Questions

• Explain all the ways to remove a few hundred helium filled balloons from a large room?   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was the hieing manager. First he explained very shortly what they do and what are the three areas of the required knowledge. Then asked me which one you are strong. He asked question on my strongest background.

Interview Questions

• ١- what is the transmission if glass? How abput Diamond. Relationsjip of refractive index and thickness.   Answer Question
    • Design a multilayer thin film for dusplay application.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a very interactive group interview. There were many different uses of presentation and interview types. It's not one on one. There were a good number of people there.

Battery Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screening with one of the engineers followed by an all day interview. All interviews were very technical and included EE fundementals and past work experiences. Most of the interviewers focused on what they knew the best and the areas they had experience in

Interview Questions

• How does buck converter work ?   1 Answer
    • Connect a current source to a capacitor. What is the voltage vs time graph   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online,received an invitation through email for a group interview about 2 weeks later (some people received the invitation a year or 6 months after applying as it all depends on a various of conditions), at the group interview,we had to describe someone next to us and explain why he or she will be a great fit for the company. The person describing me actually messed up and couldnt say why apple should hire me (they didnt get the job). On the same night,I got a call from one of the managers at the interview and she invited me to the second interview on the next day (1 on 1) and we reserved a spot. On the next day, the manager doing my 1-1 interview had the questionnaire that I filled on the group interview on the day before, she asked me questions about me previous job, personal questions and even asked if I had any questions for her as an apple employee. I got another night (11pm) call 2 days later pretty much saying they would like to hire me as a fulltime specialist (eventually transferred to part-time a year later).

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to do something very difficult to satisfy or help someone else   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, I was in between jobs at the time, they called me to let me know I had the job like 2-3 days after the 2nd interview at 11pm...you dont really think about negotiating in that situation lol but one of my colleague said he told the manager he wouldnt accept the offer if he wasnt starting at 17$ for specialist and he got it. I guess the negotiating position is always open with Apple

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very intensive - I had three interviews before I got the job. 1 group interview and two solo, very casual interviews. Make sure to ask lots of questions during the group phase - out of our group of 30 or so people, 10 people were called back for interviews and only a couple were hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will match old job salaries, just don't lie because they will check.