Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied and was contacted 2-3 days after to register for a interview time. Typical interview format for an Apple hiring event, smaller group and we went through all the motions aside from watching the videos. Felt as though the leaders were just going through the motions, smaller group and only asked one question to each candidate, leading each person to only speak for a few minutes within the 60-70 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

First of all, you have to apply online. Then you will receive an invitation for a group interview. The next step is introducing the person that is being you. Then you have to see an Apple video which is the same that it has on its website and you have to say what do you see in that videos. Then they divided into 5 group, in each group has around 4 or 5 people. There you have to say how you handle a situation where the customer is very angry

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you handled a situation when a customer come to you and ask you about an unreal requirement   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all, the process is very fun!

It started off for me applying online and making a profile. I applied for a specialist. I got an email about a month later inviting me to a Apple Retail hiring event. They send you an email with the invite with the time slot you want to go for. I've seen other reviews where you only have one to choose from. I had 3 to pick from 9am, 1pm , 6pm. They will last the full 2 hours. I picked the 9am slot because I thought all the hiring manager would be fresh and not be tired from any other groups. There was 30 people in each group session.

So the morning of the hiring event, I arrived by 8:30am, they request you to be 15 mintues early. I thought I would just show up even more early (make a better impression) and it was a good idea. I got to meet some of the managers first and they started to know my name before the rest of the people got there. Our event wasn't at the apple store, it was nearby at a hotel ballroom.

Once you walk in, you are greeted by Apple employees on iPads checking you in. After that, once everybody has arrived, they bring you over to some tables and make you a name tag. Once everyone has there name tags, they told us to come into the ballroom. Just like lauch day of a new Apple product at a retail store, as we were walking in, they were blasting music, all clapping and had a big smile on there faces. It felt very welcoming. We all sat down around a rectangular table while all the employee and managers were standing up around the table.

The event started right at 9. The first real thing that happened is that all the Apple employee introduced themselves. They said what they did at the Apple store, what they like doing for hobbies and something unqiue about themselves. Then it was our time to introduce ourselves.

This is important, I did lots of research before hand on glassdoor and reddit. All the managers have Ipads marking people and writing down what people stand out and offer to go first. They want people to be outgoing but while remaining natural and orangic. So what do you know, I offered to go first and I told everyone one about myself. The managers really like that. If you can and your going to a hiring event, offer to go first to introduce yourself. Once everyone was finished, we moved on and they should us 3 videos (you can see them ahead of time on the Apple jobs website)

Then they asked all the people at the hiring event what they thought of the videos... and yet again, what do you know.. I offered to go first again (this shows you take leadership) and I could see all the managers writing down my name. They asked, what we thought of the videos, what makes Apple so special, etc...

Then we had to get into groups of 5. We were all given the same scenario, and based on the videos that they showed us and what we learned, and if you were an employee at the Apple store, what would you do. It was "Somebody comes into Apple with a water damagaed iPhone".
    We got into our groups and had 10 minutes to act out a kit, once time was up, we all sat back down and each group performed infront of eveyone. Once again, the managers were looking out for outgoing people, that was the whole point of the kit.

After that, they should and talked about all the positions available at Apple Retail stores. Then they was almost it, they asked if we had any questions (try to ask a question if you can), I asked the first question. We didn't have that much time left, only about 5-7 questions were answered.

At the end, they got us to fill out the application form. On the form, it was availability, what positions you wanted to work, what Apple products you have/know (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod, Mac, Monitors, others) and Apple software (iLife, Icloud, iWork iTunes, Final Cut).

Once done, I got out my resume and cover letter and gave it to one of the managers and told them how much fun I had. Make sure you go and shake all the managers hands at the end and thank them for there time.

They said they would let us know within 24 hours by phone if we were moving onto the next interview.... 1 hour hour later after I left the hiring event I got a call back to another 1-1 interview. I went and it was very easy, just asking about my past etc..

I did one more into interview 2 days later. Got a call back the next day to offer me a job.

The main point I can give while going through the hiring process, is to just be youeself, have a passion for Apple products, and have a smile on your have.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What is so special besides Apple   Answer Question

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email invitation to attend a hiring event. There were about 20 candidates, and it was a pretty loose, comfortable group environment.

I was contacted the next day about coming in for a one-on-one interview with someone from the leadership team later that week. That conversation was also very casual, and I ended up meeting with another member of the leadership team directly afterward.

Yet another 24 hours or so later, I was reached out to again to come back in to meet with a 3rd member of the leadership team. Had that interview the following week, similar format to the previous 2 conversations.

Up until this point, I felt the process was generally quite positive. Except for after this interview, there was radio silence on Apple's end for over a week (including when I followed up after a few days), at which point I received a default, generic rejection email. It's something I would have expected after the first stage in the interview process, but after meeting with 3 separate managers, I felt the courtesy of a personalized email was deserved. Something to consider.

Interview Questions

• What do you think one of your weaknesses/something you would struggle most with in this (retail) environment?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

We sat in the store that had 3 tables with our name tags. We put our name tags on so that they can mark you throughout.

We did a group interview that lasted 2 hours.
    1. Introduce our partner and their passions etc
    2. Do sales role play with a team of 5-6 people. Selling an iPhone.
    3. Did 2 scenarios with a partner, did employee and customer role. 1st was a customer comes in and is a teacher. 2nd is a fitness guru comes in and wants to buy a product to help his exercise. You have to do customer-employee role play.

Throughout this, we saw about 6-8 videos lasting 2-5 mins of average and were asked to talk about it and what we thought. Here they want you to talk and see how you maintain eye contact etc, idk.

Process was English. Made people volunteer to read things in French.

Question period at the end.

4-5 employees around the room just marking you seeing how you are in a group, etc.

Really relaxed and inviting.

Chairs were not really comfortable. lol.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the video?   Answer Question
    • Was there anything in the video that you found surprising?   1 Answer

Apple Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 3 or 4 groups of 30 plus people in a large hotel conference room over one day. They would then whittle it down to people they wanted to invite for formal interviews. They encouraged us to participate and ask questions. They got us first to introduce a person next to us and asked us to introduce our neighbour, and name a place in the world they would want to go to if Apple would fly us anywhere. They then showed us videos of different roles in Apple that we could go for, without telling us what specific roles were available at the stores at that time, and got us to fill out forms of our availability and what positions we were interested in, with what products we knew and what location we wanted to work at. All along they assured us that we would not have to be any expert in any role as they would train us in what we needed and that we didn't need a retail background to be successful. I thought I showed a lot of interest but at the end of day, I did not get selected for a second round interview with the hiring manager of the store I wanted to work at.

They also encouraged us to ask questions too. One of the neat things was they told us if you get on with Apple, they encourage you to move around the Apple retail group and if you wanted to move elsewhere in the world with Apple, you would be allowed after 1 year to move to other places in the world.

Interview Questions

• What do you notice about the Apple Store?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview, 17 people total. Started off with watching company videos and asked for our feedback. Last task was to go into a group and do a group skit on a product demonstrating our customer service skills. I thought my group did well however none of us got to move on. Highly recommend if you do the group interview to just be yourself and very outgoing try to answer the questions after the videos. Good luck :)

Interview Questions

• What did you recognize after the video?   1 Answer

Lead Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Preferred Candidate not identified. Submitted via internal website. Was not contacted, even for a rejection.The only communication I received was that they had received my submission via an automated email response. No response from store leadership or team leadership.I was not expecting this sort of response from a company that prides itself on 'never saying no, just not right now'.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview and we were 20 people who arrived for it. firstly, we were asked to introduce ourselves and then they showed us some videos and asked us for the review of each video. then we were divided into 5 groups with each group having 4 members and were told to do a small role play.

Reliability Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone Interview that was 30 minutes long and with the Reliability Engineering team lead. I applied through a university coop platform, and was contacted by HR via email to set up an interview time. The interviewer was nice, but he spoke to me while walking outside, so sometimes it was hard to hear him over the wind. I Know that there were 2 rounds, both technical.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to testing functionality of a macbook. What would you test and how would you test it?   Answer Question