Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with some days in between as people were being screened for the next round. 1.) Phone and 2.) Skype. Only technical questions, somewhat difficult for the typical undergrad level student. Asked in quick succession during the phone interview. Phone interview seemed focused on test equipment and methodologies, and other random stuff. Skype interview was more focused on circuit design.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to characterize the power efficiency of a power supply?   2 Answers
    • what is this circuit, and what are the voltage waveforms?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

After going through the process, I'm convinced that the company will try to trick you into thinking that you're not as qualified as you think in order to get better talent at a cheaper rate. The line of questioning from the recruiter was a complete joke.

After asking about my qualifications, the recruiter then tried to tell me that I wasn't qualified enough to be a store manager (despite having management experience), but that I was a great candidate to be a part-time store associate and that they would put me through right away for their group interview.

When I told her that I was overqualified for that, she then told me that I had a bad attitude and that because I was interviewing for Apple, I needed to start from the bottom.

Then she inexplicably told me that she had left her job as a CEO of a major company in order to be a senior recruiter for Apple...yeah, sure you did...

Then she abruptly told me that she had to end the interview early because she had a call on the other line, but that she would try and get me in at a store manager level.

Of course, I never heard from her or Apple again...what a joke!

Interview Questions

• If you were in the same elevator as Tim Cook for 2 minutes, how would you profess your love for Apple?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Received an email invite to join a group interview, then a few days later asked to do an individual interview. With group interviews it's the opportunity to show them that you are a team worker who listens to other and actively participate in the discussion. For the individual interview, it's important to show them that you really want to help people and just a friendly person.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Apple and some questions relating to my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed with questions covering a wide breadth of topic pertaining to the job. Many questions required a white board to solve. The questions were mixed between technical and personality with some brain teasers thrown in. Overall a challenging experience but really shows you what you know.

Interview Questions

• Explain all the ways to remove a few hundred helium filled balloons from a large room?   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was the hieing manager. First he explained very shortly what they do and what are the three areas of the required knowledge. Then asked me which one you are strong. He asked question on my strongest background.

Interview Questions

• ١- what is the transmission if glass? How abput Diamond. Relationsjip of refractive index and thickness.   Answer Question
    • Design a multilayer thin film for dusplay application.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a very interactive group interview. There were many different uses of presentation and interview types. It's not one on one. There were a good number of people there.

Battery Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screening with one of the engineers followed by an all day interview. All interviews were very technical and included EE fundementals and past work experiences. Most of the interviewers focused on what they knew the best and the areas they had experience in

Interview Questions

• How does buck converter work ?   1 Answer
    • Connect a current source to a capacitor. What is the voltage vs time graph   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online,received an invitation through email for a group interview about 2 weeks later (some people received the invitation a year or 6 months after applying as it all depends on a various of conditions), at the group interview,we had to describe someone next to us and explain why he or she will be a great fit for the company. The person describing me actually messed up and couldnt say why apple should hire me (they didnt get the job). On the same night,I got a call from one of the managers at the interview and she invited me to the second interview on the next day (1 on 1) and we reserved a spot. On the next day, the manager doing my 1-1 interview had the questionnaire that I filled on the group interview on the day before, she asked me questions about me previous job, personal questions and even asked if I had any questions for her as an apple employee. I got another night (11pm) call 2 days later pretty much saying they would like to hire me as a fulltime specialist (eventually transferred to part-time a year later).

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to do something very difficult to satisfy or help someone else   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, I was in between jobs at the time, they called me to let me know I had the job like 2-3 days after the 2nd interview at 11pm...you dont really think about negotiating in that situation lol but one of my colleague said he told the manager he wouldnt accept the offer if he wasnt starting at 17$ for specialist and he got it. I guess the negotiating position is always open with Apple

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very intensive - I had three interviews before I got the job. 1 group interview and two solo, very casual interviews. Make sure to ask lots of questions during the group phase - out of our group of 30 or so people, 10 people were called back for interviews and only a couple were hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will match old job salaries, just don't lie because they will check.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2016.

Interview

- Overview of general manufacturing knowledge with plastics, metals in terms of forming, machining, post-processing, cosmetic finishing, and coating techniques
    - Overview of previous experience with regards to vendor interaction, project management and technical engineering analysis

Interview Questions

• - Name and describe a project you managed which involved direct management and interaction with a vendor and optimization of a manufacturing process critical to part design.   1 Answer