Apple Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.9

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reliability Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone Interview that was 30 minutes long and with the Reliability Engineering team lead. I applied through a university coop platform, and was contacted by HR via email to set up an interview time. The interviewer was nice, but he spoke to me while walking outside, so sometimes it was hard to hear him over the wind. I Know that there were 2 rounds, both technical.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to testing functionality of a macbook. What would you test and how would you test it?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. About two week later I received an email invitation to Group interview,start with introduction. Mangers are very nice. Overall a very good experience,

Interview Questions

• Why apple? What apple produce are you using right now?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual, two geniuses with store manager interviewing me. They brought me out of the store and we began to do the interview. They would ask some questions and they would answer themselves while I answered last. After that they told me I would have to wait 24-48 hours to know if I got an offer or not.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Don't be shy or nervous. Always be comfortable in your own skin. They really can sense if you are and will not hire you. Luckily i knew the interviewer so I was set.

Interview Questions

• What type or combination of data storage does apple offer?   1 Answer
    • What type or combination does Apple offer for data storage?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

A group interview about 10-15 people, start with the introduction and the value of Apple. Then ask questions and do some practices. The store manager was taking notes when someone answers.

Interview Questions

• Try to help a customer w/ $500 gift card to select some products.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied mid-June. Didn't hear back until early September, where I got a call from the Apple Store in question.

Interview 1 - I (and the others at this interview) seemed to skip the hiring event; my first interview was simply in the Apple Store itself. Hiring manager came up, introduced herself, and we had a fairly candid conversation as we passed an iPad around to collect our contact info.

Afterwards, she asked a bunch of fairly standard interview questions, wanting to get to know us and our past work experience. Answering was freeform, I mostly tried to stay middle/end of the pack unless people were reluctant to answer, in which case I tried to show initiative.

The interviewer in this case was friendly and very open, admitted that there wasn't specifically an opening and that we may not get a job offer for months even if we were deemed suitable for a role. Emailed her my availability, and got a call back a few days later for a phone interview.

Interview 2 - Phone interview with the 2nd hiring manager. Longer since its 1-on-1, more focused on past work experience. Lasted ~30 minutes since it took place around half an hour before their store was set to open that weekend. She seemed a little more interested in my answers, maybe because it was a 1-on-1 and she had the time for it. Just try to over-exaggerate your emotions if you get a phone interview since your voice is more monotone when transmitted through the phone.

Interview 3 - To come. Face-to-face interview with 2 managers tomorrow. Will make a follow-up post regarding how things go.

From what I heard, individual interviews are not difficult, but they gradually find which candidate(s) are most suited to their personal preferences, so it can be brutal to get through several stages before being declined. Will try not to get my hopes up :P

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      - "Tell me about yourself."
      - "Name a time you helped out someone who needed it badly."
      - "Why Apple?"

Interview 2:
      - "Tell me about yourself."
      - "Name a time you had to handle an unruly customer."
      - "What's your proudest accomplishment?"
      - "Name a time you had to handle a heavy workload. How did you manage the stress?"   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

40 people in 5 groups within different kinds of people like students, graduate, workers. As an international student, language is still the main problem. Apple needs people acting completely like their members. Just be very confident and energetic and speak a lot.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce the person next to you
      2. What do you know about Apple
      3. Role play   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

15 minute interview with recruiter, followed by a 30 minute interview with hiring manger.

They then gave me a 'design challenge', that they wanted me to complete in one week. I submitted a detailed design report, and received feedback that I should create a presentation. Upon creating the presentation, I was told that I didn't do well on the design challenge. I was given specific feedback on the design challenge (which areas I should give details for in my design). Surprisingly, ALL of those highlighted things were in my report!

I don't think the hiring manager even read my report, because if they did, they would find that all of their highlighted areas were mentioned.

I felt extremely demotivated, I felt that Apple did not really care for their employees. I felt they were super unprofessional as well, not even reading my submission fully.

Interview Questions

• How to reduce beam deflection. How to bond metal with plastic.   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First there is event where they introduce you to Apple and do some dynamics to know you better. After, if they like you, you get contacted for an interview with a hiring manager. Then a training course...

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with your first Apple purchase?   1 Answer

Student Leadership Program Interview

Interview

First round was 30 min screening interview-mostly behavioural and elaborating on past experiences. Second round was at an apple store with 10 other candidates where we were given a store tour, had to do group activities, followed by 2 individual interviews with 2 sets of store managers and region leaders.